Cheiftan 10% chance to gain endurance charge is not working correctly

Hi i wanted to post this issue because i think its quite annoying and a massive problem.

I have a RF Character, this means everything i am ever killing is burning

Hence by the 10% odds i should be maintaining solid max charges as im mapping, but im not

I rarely ever get any charges it doesnt feel like a 1/10 chance but more like a 1/20 or 1/30

Either the game is not correctly giving players 10% chance per kill or it needs to be buffed because honestly, this is pathetic that an RF character cant build and maintain charges with this mechanic.
Last edited by Bloomania on Apr 29, 2016, 6:49:11 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 6:48:55 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Re-read Righteous Fire, note that it never uses the word 'Ignite'. RF does not Ignite anything.
The wiki is making the distinction so that it's clear that Rapid Decay won't increase RF burning damage.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Raye wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
The wiki is making the distinction so that it's clear that Rapid Decay won't increase RF burning damage.

That's due to it not having a duration tag, not because it's not damage over time. Will DoT from tree not work either?
Haven't tried it but my instinct is that it wouldn't work either.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Damage over time should work. If you use a spell totem with to rapid decay, the damage increases (i have tested) and since the damage applies, that means the damage is damage over time (or at least it should).

It is also well known that being effected by vulnerability will increase the damage both you monsters take, and the keyword associated on vulnerability is also damage over time. Also one of my RF builds included using a leo crafted shield with "reduced damage over time taken" (ironically more expensive than rise of phoenix)

If you check the character's (fall_dawn) regen with purity of fire and vitality aura, it is not enough to sustain RF without the stupid shield.

The wiki is likely incorrect.

edit2: https://youtu.be/rErRjT6C94c

heres a quick test, you can see where the life bar ends after 5 totems. with case2 (more damage over time) one of the totems didn't even do full damage but the damage is still higher.
Last edited by biyte on Apr 28, 2016, 2:46:04 PM
"
Raye wrote:
EDIT:
On a side note, where ever did this come from, now in the wiki for RF:

"
Skill Functions and Interactions
Life Degeneration Effect:
While this skill is active, you and surrounding enemies will take fire degeneration damage (NOT Damage Over Time).

Is that true? :S
RF still triggers Patient Reaper for me at least...
Yeah, that's definitely wrong. RF deals fire damage over time (which is what "burning" means in PoE).
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Re-read Righteous Fire, note that it never uses the word 'Ignite'. RF does not Ignite anything.

Its when you kill a burning enemy.... rf - burning

Either way like i said, i was doing multiple map runs, and finding myself constantly unable to build maximum endurance charges even though im rf.. and everything i kill is burning.

That was my main point, im not entirely sure the 10% chance is working as intended, and if it is, it needs to be buffed and changed ASAP

If a build that kills everything with burning dmg, and runs through the map cant uphold charges... then idk..

To me it just felt way off..
Last edited by Bloomania on Apr 29, 2016, 8:06:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info