The PAINZERKER - 2.2 Perandus guide - Atziri Viable !

"
narfcicles wrote:
"
Ricael wrote:

Yeah you guys are right and I was wrong. I dont know what is the maximum movement speed to avoid CWDT cooldown but It looks "good" with that gear + charges + tree.

Anyone knows :P ?

Thats why i moved away from a cycloner and started using Quillrain with Explosive Arrow on a completely flask reliant pathfinder. Its fairly easy to get 8 attacks per second and that means you only need half the mana cost. I used explosive arrow in a 3link(faster attacks, GMP) and i think 3 fevered minds.

According to the wiki (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cast_when_Damage_Taken):
"
When a linked skill is cast, its damage counter will go on cooldown for 250 ms and will not track damage during that time.

If the wiki is right, your suggestion won't work. You would need to aim for four attacks per second.
"
ha107642 wrote:

If the wiki is right, your suggestion won't work. You would need to aim for four attacks per second.

seems you're right. that may be part of why that build was underwhelming :)
"
narfcicles wrote:
i think my setup was.
Quillrain: 2X3: Explosive arrow, Bloodmagic, Faster attacks. Blink Arrow, Haste, Summon Ice golem.
Scold's: CWDT, Shock Nova, FlameSurge, Discharge.
Rats Nest: 5L: CWDT, GMP, Slower Proj, Arctic Breath, Freezing Pulse.
Voidbringer: CWDT, Increased Critical strikes, Power Charge on Critical, Blade vortex.
Atziri's Step: Etheral Knives, Bladefall, Ice Nova.

I stopped playing the character a while ago because i kept dying to lagspikes.
The characters name is Drowningmypain if you're interested in my approach but it's not really equipped anymore. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/narfcicles/characters

BTW I also thought Cyclone would work with attack speed when i first thought of this build and made this character:)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1627702

Nice setup, but I very rarely die due to lag spikes. VB and those aoe spells help me maintain top life all the time. Thanks another reason I've chosen this ascendancy instead of Necromancer or Pathfinder.

One question, what's the chest u were using?, cuz i can read 2 helmets (rat's nest and scold's). Im pretty sure its a mistake :P
Video Added !
"
Ricael wrote:

One question, what's the chest u were using?, cuz i can read 2 helmets (rat's nest and scold's). Im pretty sure its a mistake :P

ah yes, my mistake. The Rat Cage. Offers a lot of life and movement speed. I got it when i was still using cyclone so the movement speed was the main factor.
"
narfcicles wrote:
"
ha107642 wrote:

seems you're right. that may be part of why that build was underwhelming :)
If you can really stack attack speed it's still not so bad. So if you attack 7.9 times per second (once every .126 seconds), then it goes like this when CWDT cooldown ends:
1) you attack .002 seconds after it goes off cooldown (2*.126 - .25)
2) .126 seconds later you attack again and proc cwdt
3) cwdt goes on cooldown for .25 seconds again

In that reality you proc every (.002+.126+.25=) .378 s.

However if you attack 8 < n << 12 times per second, you're being much less efficient. It's the same as CoC breakpoints. You want to have slightly under an integer number of casts per CWDT cooldown. So 3.9 , 7.9 , 11.9 attacks/s are all okay, while 5 , 9 , and 13 attack/s are bad.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Nice build!
I have mapped in a party where someone has this build, and what I have seen is:

1. It have a lot of dps (the guy was like a coc build in dps)
2. It have kinda wtf survivality (facetanked bosses and rares easypeace incluiding dual boss)
3. Its fun to see/ play

It was on maps up to lvl 10/12 and he was carring and tanking, the cons I have seen is:

1. That builds spread a lot of shit arround, and I mean not only skills.
With him and minions from an other party member I was having targeting problems (I cant see nothing)
2. It can spikes you frames in a full party (cwt and coc classics)

My global critical opinion: nice build!!! gorgeous to see an lovely banners :D
Great news guys: With a few changes I finally made this build Atziri viable !

It was in fact my first atziri kill in this Perandus league, but I can assure you it was insanely easy with this build.

Facetanked vaals, trio, including the chaos clouds from the tittybitch and felt completely safe against atziri clones. Result? Deathless atziri run.

I'm looking for making a video with better quality of an Atziri run, if you want proof of condept :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info