1 shotting , yeah so fun with this unbalanced bullshit

"
sidtherat wrote:
GGG should significantly reduce the players' damage output so players value defences a bit more than now (at this time general consensus is 'dps is king, defences are for loosers'). this will make people gear better and spend more time planning build (instead of planning damage output)

then these mysterious one-shots will disappear

I agree in general. More specifically, though the gap between dps stacking and defense stacking is too big, defensively and offensively. Also, GGG already admitted to balancing around Alt-F4 which is a huge middle finger to us IMHO. It's really quite fascinating that people seem to be fine with that. There should have been a huge outrage about that 1 line in the Ascendancy announcement ... instead of everyone crying about traps.
Last edited by dyneol on Apr 28, 2016, 3:48:27 PM
really guys?? 8 pages and nobody asks the right question??

were you bleed immune while you try to run away?

unless it's removed that thing has bleed on hit and if you don't have high armour/regen/immunity, oh boy..

....aand then those explosions make you wanna run :D

10/10 monster.
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
really guys?? 8 pages and nobody asks the right question??

were you bleed immune while you try to run away?

unless it's removed that thing has bleed on hit and if you don't have high armour/regen/immunity, oh boy..

....aand then those explosions make you wanna run :D

10/10 monster.
yup popped the lifebleed flask , good q i agree
"
dyneol wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:
GGG should significantly reduce the players' damage output so players value defences a bit more than now (at this time general consensus is 'dps is king, defences are for loosers'). this will make people gear better and spend more time planning build (instead of planning damage output)

then these mysterious one-shots will disappear

I agree in general. More specifically, though the gap between dps stacking and defense stacking is too big, defensively and offensively. Also, GGG already admitted to balancing around Alt-F4 which is a huge middle finger to us IMHO. It's really quite fascinating that people seem to be fine with that. There should have been a huge outrage about that 1 line in the Ascendancy announcement ... instead of everyone crying about traps.

yeah i never liked the alt f4 thing either , its their excuse to not have been able to balance the game i guess .
"
Wispo wrote:
"Video or It didn t happened".

The monstruous level oh LUDRICOUSNESS of poe FANBOYS is more disgusting than eating a corpse

You know, you are NOT God (omniscience), so is NOT possible that if you haven t experienced a thing, that thing doesn t exists

Disgusting, shitty community

Wispo is a damn legend.

Seriously though how the hell is this thread now 8 pages? No one has a damn clue what happened so just leave it at that.
"
Devonor wrote:
"
mark1030 wrote:
"
Devonor wrote:
I have almost 11k life and es combined , maxed res ofc , arctic armor , cwdt with enfeeble and molten shell . using both granite and basalt flasks .
So at the time you were not moving, the monster was enfeebled, you had molten shell up, and both flasks were active? All those are conditional defenses. It's hard to believe you had all those defenses up and still lost 11k hitpoints in one hit if you weren't cursed. That's some sick damage.

You said the map had no damage mods. What mods did it have? There are a lot of mods that aren't damage mods that lower your survivabilty like curse immune or lower resists.

hi , i had not the flasks active at the time , it was only a mod with monsters had more life in the map , thats it .

the cwdt proced just a milisecond before i was dead , not sure it did anything to protect against one shotting , but anyway i still had 11k hp/es ( hp about 3800 , es about 6800 so almost 11k )

Hi,
your life is quite low so what about your chaos res?
At least one of that blood monsters deal high chaos damage (projectile nova or whatever) and you know chaos damage can pierce ES.
Wispo for president 2016

Seriously though. the fanboi's described within are why the forums are what they are. Most healthy posters left during the charge of the white knight brigade (WKB) about a year ago. Forum rules were updated, major posters didn't come back, rules were updated again letting the WKB go back to their old antics of just stirring shit whenever possible.

As for OP, hell to the yeah 1 shots are unblanced.... but fun math can be done after :) Like for example I calculated Haste single hit can crit for around 34000 cold dmg. My life pool vaporized in 1 hit = minimum 34000 cold dmg with max res up. We will never know what the real number is unless dmg numbers and a game log, are put into the game. I actually think the WKB's heads would explode if they ever saw the real numbers being outputted by monsters crits.

Well. off to other forums again this was my jab at the WKB now I have to leave.
echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
^haast is definitely a worthy foe.

I assume your talking about a hit from glacial cascade which is actually 2 hits because of its AOE size. Then factoring in map mods etc, his dps can get ridicules really fast i agree.

Haast definitely belongs in the top 5 difficult encounters in this game depending on map mods.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Yeah it was a glacial that killed me. I was streaming and recording at the time... frame by frame could see that I had full HP and ES, zero curses, poof dead. I suppose it could hit twice in one frame but I'm still going to call it a one shot. There was 1 dmg mod 20% increased monster dmg or something and I didn't think much of it until I 1 shotted the blue pack of voidspawn that RNG decided to throw at me :)

Some day a log or some death details would be great in game. Anything at all would be more than what we have now. just sitting and speculating on videos is quite hilarious and I'm guessing somewhat emberassing for GGG. Especially when nobody can figure out what killed a player and there's a video that gets 50 different responses on what people think killed the player.

Something we as players could go to, like a death.log and see what killed us ( every time we died ) how hard it hit and what type of damage it was doing ( chaos -- cold --fire -- lightning -- phys -- etc. ) if it was suicide by bleed or poison burn out put that in too. I would prefer this over in-game numbers flying around all over the place but that's my preference and I'm sure everyone has varying preferences.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
The game is way too easy right now , they need to buff the monster damage .
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info