1 shotting , yeah so fun with this unbalanced bullshit

They should remove the crit for both parties - us and the monsters. That will be fair. :)
"
madfellan wrote:
They should remove the crit for both parties - us and the monsters. That will be fair. :)

yeah could work or maybe just lower the cap .

1 thing i find extremely stupid is 1 shotting , and its not fun .

everything is rng in the game even the crit roll on monsters , do the monster roll to high crit or not , do i survive or not the crit roll . 1 shot or not . lucky or not lucky with the roll . Its kinda stupid that the 1 shot scenarios is a pure luck or unlucky rng roll .

ggg you can simply start off with lower the cap ( player and monster )

surviving shouldn't be a luck factor imo .
"
Devonor wrote:
I died by a one shot today . it was a blue gorge with no damage mods ( basically a white map )

The monster was a blood slime monster ( some blood stuff it looks like ) that 1 shotted me with its fire explosions . it was even alone when it happened ( not buffed by anything )

I have almost 11k life and es combined , maxed res ofc , arctic armor , cwdt with enfeeble and molten shell . using both granite and basalt flasks .

So what is the problem here . I still dont have enough defence , i dunno , or does the monsters crit very high ( mandatory death )

In general the death moments in this game feels so bad . It always feels wrong and unbalanced to me . Its just a few times i honestly feel its my own fault in this game . I play very careful , dont matter game decides i have lived long enough BAM rip . In general the game is fun but when the game feels so bad after dying because of unbalanced 1 shotting the games overall quality is decreasing , for me atleast . To be honest i think you dont have done a good job with balancing both player side and monster side . I know this has been brought up before so what is keeping you ggg of not finishing your balancing in the game . Perhaps the balance team should be replaced , maybe you finally can can get a guy that has more dev skills when it comes to balancing .

so to you ggg , do you even play the game yourself , do you think this is fun yourself with 1 shotting , do you feel like the game is 100 % balanced now ????? I just ask ( i know you dont answering anyway )

Abnother q to you ggg , is this the way you make it so people dont level too fast , just put some random unbalanced stuff in the game to insta-kill you , problem solved riiiiggghhght , people are not getting to level 100 too fast this way . mission acomplished right . ( facepam )

That's what happens when you rollin dolo . Are you not a D2 player ? Remeber how the friendslist was the only thing that mattered back then ?

Good now use that here .
R.I.P 4.B.
yeah mister tryhardgg

i kinda have mixed feelings about group play . its super fun but its more reliable when you have a group you know and play with regulary . And each with skills/builds that helps eachother out ( different roles ) . random groups is not that fun imo , i have died in some scenarios too : early when my witch was shitty a guy that was the most powerful suddenly just quitted/alt f4 / or whatever and we other was in a shitty situation cause the timing was at the worst possible = death . weird stuff in general has happened to me in random groups . i am in a guild but its very small so its mostly solo playing for me .

and no i didnt play d2 but i played d1 and d3 and , and i have played many other RPGs too
one shot =/= rekt by overlapping AOE

Don't stand in the red circle kind of thing, eh.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
one shot =/= rekt by overlapping AOE

Don't stand in the red circle kind of thing, eh.

Peace,

-Boem-

yeah it was a circle thing . i was in a tight place ( gorge map ), i almost got out of the range but the whole road/path was filled with that explosions . at the edge of all of the explosions 1 of them caught me . almost safe , but almost dont do shit.

off topic but a blood monster having fire magic is kinda silly , why not corrupting blood it would fit the monsters look way better imo ,
I honestly think people would feel a lot better about the game if the general sonic speed pacing was slowed down and all animations and effects were made clear and not overdone or barely noticeable like they are right now. Hits and skills also lack the "punch", so to say so it feels stupid to die to something that looked and felt like nothing.
"
Like my playstyle is that I don't give a fuck and kill things in 1 hit because I'm baller as fuck.
so you play carefully but you do not know what were the mods?

you play carefully and your flasks were not up?

you play carefully and there was 'a circle thing' that you almost left?

maybe there were curses in play as well?

i play life/es hybrid and 11k in ONE hit is VERY rare. i play reckless, i play even with a +10% inc monster damage jewel (brittle barrier) so i take HUGE spikes from full life/es and 11k is.. highly unlikely

maybe it wasnt one shot but one dozen shots? and not from full life but from full life/0ES?

note: CWDT+IC is.. a waste of two links imho but if it works (?) for you..
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Raudram wrote:
I honestly think people would feel a lot better about the game if the general sonic speed pacing was slowed down and all animations and effects were made clear and not overdone or barely noticeable like they are right now. Hits and skills also lack the "punch", so to say so it feels stupid to die to something that looked and felt like nothing.

It's probably too late for this but yeah. Playing Grim Dawn really reminded me what well paced, thumpy ARPGs feel like. This probably changes later on but those early levels feel really good. PoE lost its chunky thumpiness a while ago. I mean, it's still there but you basically have to handicap yourself to experience it. And by mid act 4 it's pretty much drowned in Projectile spam and overcooked skill effects.

it doesnt change even at top difficulty. Grim Dawn has done the pacing extremely well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info