Poison/Chaos Build Suggestions

It is with great hope and slight embarrassment that I turn to you, forum dwellers...

I have been searching for quite some time, but due to a somewhat specific requirements set, I was unable to find it.

I am looking for a poison/DoT/chaos build.

The requirements are:

1. I'd like it to have a spell-based application, since I have no desire to play either melee or bow-based builds. Wand and the likes of Kinetic Blast are fine.

2. I'd like to be able to cast/shoot, have the Posion/DoT/Chaos apply and see stuff melt

3. I'd like it to be not expensive (I have perhaps an equivalent of 2 - 3 exalts in Perandus), preferably self-found as much as possible

4. I'd like to be able to do most, if not all of the content

Background:

I am coming of a very successfull Ice Trapper in Perandus. Up to T13 and Atziri

Suggestions and especially links are extremely appreciated.
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 8:01:41 AM
You can see my sparker(lvl 97) in perandus. Cheap(you can run red maps with tabula for 6link even...), effective, somewhat tanky...Can run ALL map mods!

I got 7k life, 4k eva, acro/phase, cwdt IC. With wrath im almost at 47k tooltip dps with wrath, and with 3 frenzy charges 56k, 65k with atziri flask. The poison on top of this is insanely retarded :D

Wither totem is a must imo, i see many builds dont use it. It helps a lot for downing bosses much faster. I've killed double boss 2nd phase palace with hp% etc in like 2-3 seconds, kaoms abyss usually gets to attack once :D

I've had great fun with the build, probably because it was my first sparker and poison build, as i've avoided them previously.

There are several others versions that are more tanky(fortify and/or more eva), or builds that benefit more from frenzy charges which are a huge dmg boost ofc, ive built mine for more lazymode playing :)

If i were to remake it, i would very likely go with duelist for perm fortify, and use 6L coil instead, and get 7 frenzy charges. Atm i dont use coil to be greatly capped on res, and if i were to put on a coil on my current build i would drop "essence worm" for a life/res ring.

Edit*
To answer more directly for you.
1. Even though i use a bow, its still spellbased ^^
2. Most stuff die even before the poison get to work in solo play, the bosses actually melts.
3. You only NEED voltaxic, which is somewhat cheap now, get the worst rolls and it doesnt cost much, otherwise i would just go for tabula or any other 6L for MUCH more dps. Double dip'n'dat :P
4. I've done all maps with most map mods, core malachai is a bitch to kill with 2 dmg mods or aoe. Only killed him 2 out of 4 maps.
Atziri is a joke, i thought the sparks would fly too much around, but because of the dmg it was easier than expected(small rooms help). Not tried on uber tho because i dont like atziri runs so much, would need some practice before trying that.
I also cleared vaal temple map solo with no problems, bosses died ridiculously fast :D

There are plenty of decent essence drain builds worth looking into if you prefer wand based and "pure" dot/chaos build.
You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Apr 27, 2016, 1:35:25 PM
Thank you.

I am familiar with Voltaxic builds. Not sure I like it, but thank you for the detailed description.
I think essence drain is probably the best answer for you. It is a dot spell, but I find it weird that you need other spells, contagion and wither, to combo with it. So, it's not brainless one-click to rule them all.

Another dot build that comes to mind is withering jar combo with consuming dark and abyssal cry. The key idea is to use withering jar to spawn worms. Abyssal cry to make worms explode dealing chaos damage, and consuming dark make chaos damage to poison enemies.

If you are not fixed in poison, elementalist with elemental conflux setup is also good. You get to see enemies burned to ashes. And good old marauder is a runner as well for 100% chance ignite (looking at u chieftain).
You can keep your ice trapper, use a pyre and 2 consuming dark.

It works pretty fine.
Well, yes.

However, the reason I mentioned having an Ice Trapper is that I am bored with him and would like a change.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info