[2.2] (Theory) Hybrid 13 minion Necromancer.

Introduction
The idea is to use Zombies as my tanks and Spectras as my DPS'ers (Flame Sentinels)

By going hybrid, I have a much larger EHP then straight life builds, and don't have to worry about stun/freeze/shock like ES builds need to. I will be stacking armor/ES on all my gear to get a bit more mitigation as well. Enfeeble will also be on Blasphemy to help with defenses.

This is an untested build (hints, theory) so I am not sure how it will pan out, but I am leveling it up on PHC as I write this. Any necros that have more experience then me feel welcome to give advice and tips to make this process a bit smoother :)

Links

(Chest) Raise Spectre > Elemental Focus > Fire Penetration > Spell Echo > Minion Damage > Pierce/Control Destruction/LMP

(Helm) Raise Zombie > Fortify > Minion Damage > Melee Splash

(Primary) Chaos Golem > Minion Life > Minion Damage

(Secondary) Blasphemy > Enfeeble > Increased Area of Effect

(Boots) Bone Offering > Flesh Offering > Increased Duration > Desecration

(Gloves) Haste > Vitality > Generosity > Convection

Try to cast an offering every 4 seconds to maintain Spirit Eater buff.

Tree-Stats-Banidts

Tree: Level 90

Stats:

Bandits: Help Oak, kill, kill

9 zombies, 3 spectres, and 1 golem.

All your minions and yourself gain 9% physical damage reduction. You also gain an additional reduction from your chaos golem though.

Gear

You want all armor/ES hybrid gear, with high life, resist, and % increase ES/armor if possible.

For your helmet, you must have a +2 minion gems roll.

Get 300-500 armor roll on your belt (might want a str base one, since our str sucks.)

Bones of Ullr, Victario's Charity, and Advancing Fortress are the only uniques I plan to use.

Bubbling Divine Flask of Heat, Perpetual/Chemist/Ample Granite flask of Warding, Perpetual/Chemist/Ample Basalt Flask of Staunching, The Sorrow of the Divine/Rumi's Concoction/Taste of Hate. All good potion options.

Thanks for reading, any comments, questions or opinions post below. Thanks.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Apr 27, 2016, 6:47:51 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 4:06:03 AM
If zombies are your tanks, why don't you use minion/totem resists & minion life instead of damage supports?
"
Vevert wrote:
If zombies are your tanks, why don't you use minion/totem resists & minion life instead of damage supports?

You don't think Fortify, 9% reduced physical damage, vitality, 30+ chance to block and 130 increased max life will be enough? I still want them to do some damage :P I could switch minion damage to minion life or elemental resistances.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.
Last edited by Edzilla on Apr 28, 2016, 5:25:14 PM
TBH I've never played zombies as anything except as tanks, and I've never played full necro either, so it was just a question about how you play this.

Plus, I don't know how fortify and reduced phys stack. I think it might (will?) be enough against physical damage but maybe a bit lacking regarding elemental (you have 8 from shield and 16 from tree).

Most of the time I'm just using zombies to hold the enemy in place while I blast them to oblivion, so it's zombies + life + resist (+speed) in a +2 minions helmet, a few passive points (life + resist) and that's it.

It's true that given all the +% incr. minion damage that you have from the tree (and fortify), a minion damage gem could hit quite a bit.

Just a point though : Bones of Ullr really suck when it comes to movespeed and that's quite sad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info