Help me on "breakpoints" Earthquake ..

Hi guys,

Just a quick question, can someone help me explain the optimal attack speed for earthquake build? Jeez, I have scoured the reddit, poe forums, google, and I still have not found a good explanation about the optimal attack speed?

On my toolbar, I have attack time 0.39 seconds, skill lasts 0.69 seconds. How do I find my 'break point?' ..sorry for my noob mind. By the way, my attacks per second is 2.59.

Thanks

Andy

less duration gem is 19/20
earthquaker is 20/20

Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 12:30:09 PM
Your attack time should be = or higher than your skill duration. If you have 0.39 attack time and 0.69 duration, you will hit again before the earthquake goes off and this hit will be weaker, as it won't generate another earthquake
That said, any disparity between your attack time and skill duration can be worked around by simply timing your attacks rather than holding down the button. This will "waste" your extra attack speed, but if you just got it incidentally, that's not really a big deal.

Edit: Another thing to consider is the point at which it's actually worth holding down the attack despite missing every second EQ. I did a reddit thread about all this a while ago, but didn't look at that specifically. One sec while I pull up the spreadsheet and take a look...
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Apr 26, 2016, 10:34:51 PM
Thanks guys !!!!

So much help for us noobs ... asked some of the popular streamers had no clue :P.

Andy
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Apr 26, 2016, 10:38:43 PM
Technically you are a newb (new player), not a noob (an ******)

I do have one question, Why do you have such a high AS?

Earthquake is supposed to be used with slow, powerful weapons, so i'm a bit surprised that you are getting 3 attacks per second (I'm also supposing you dont have increased AS linked to your EQ)
I ran the numbers. With those stats, you actually get about 24% more (single target) DPS by holding down the button rather than by timing your attacks to get one secondary detonation per attack. Just make sure your attack time doesn't drop below 0.35, or you'll start losing DPS compared to being a bit slower if you hold the attack down.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Apr 26, 2016, 10:49:55 PM
Thanks viperesque..

Adser, I'm using GeGuri's build.

My gear

Spoiler

Trust me, very strong build.

Andy
Last edited by RGVsUrTexas on Apr 26, 2016, 11:07:31 PM
@viper Basically, it's a standard oversampling calculation, is it not?
Though then I have a question: Is Earthquake really that OP that sacrificing a quarter of the damage it's still better than other options?

And yeh, awesome blade.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Last edited by UnDeaD_CyBorG on Apr 27, 2016, 3:49:07 AM
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
@viper Basically, it's a standard oversampling calculation, is it not?

I'm a biochemist and speak only the language of enzymes and bacteria. A standard what now?

"
Though then I have a question: Is Earthquake really that OP that sacrificing a quarter of the damage it's still better than other options?

Having played it to 90, yes. I had a 5L Marohi with Fortify as a link as I was still crushing red maps. Skill needs a nerf.
"
viperesque wrote:
Skill needs a nerf.

and it definitely needs a hard cap on it's attack speed. running in parties with 2 earthquakers who do like 3 attacks per second each makes my 780gtx scream under my table (and not of joy).
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 27, 2016, 5:45:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info