Noob Question: If I Do Only Chaos Damage, Can I Proc Chill, Shock And Ignite with Elemental Conflux?

Hello Exiles... i'm trying to pick a Good Ascendancy class for my Chaos Firestormer (Witch)..

100% Of My Fire Damage is Converted to Chaos Damage thanks to Uniques (Consuming Dark e Infernal Mantle).

At first I was escluding Elementalist as an option, becouse Chaos is Not Elemental.. then i read this:

Elemental Conflux is a buff that causes hits from all combined damage types to apply chill, shock, and ignite, lasting 4 seconds.

"All Combined Types"... is Chaos Included??

Are you telling me that, my Chaos Damage can Chill, Shock and Ignite If I Choose Elementalist Ascendancy? :OOO

Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 6:24:13 PM
Yes, that's exactly what it means.

By the way, Consuming Dark got nerfed to 50% conversion, so you don't have 100% conversion anymore. :(
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Ok... that seems OP man...

Would you pick Elementalist instead of Occultist for a Chaos/Firestorm Witch then??

PS: The char is in standard now... my Consuming Dark is Still at 75% :)
"
SevenOfNine86 wrote:
Would you pick Elementalist instead of Occultist for a Chaos/Firestorm Witch then??

I'd probably still go for Occultist, honestly. Elemental Conflux won't help your single target damage that much, and I would assume that pack clearing probably isn't a huge issue for you? Plus, you don't really get full use out of Elementalist, since you can't take advantage of the free prolif.

"
PS: The char is in standard now... my Consuming Dark is Still at 75% :)

Oh yeah, legacy items exist. Why would I remember that? Not like I maintain the unique item thread or anything...

(Sorry, I'm an idiot.)
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks for the replies...

I have only 1 question more to make...

We clarified that 100% Chaos Damage can trigger Elemental Conflux..

BUT... Do I Need to Crit to Proc Chill, Shock and Ignite with Elemental Conflux??

OR.... Elemental Conflux allows to Chill, Shock and Ignite Without Critting??

100% Chance To Chill, Sock and Ignite with Chaos Damage Without Critting Wouldn't Be Overpowered?
You don't need to crit, though it still seems to be quite useless for Firestorm builds (because of low damage per hit). But VMS/Flameblast Elementalists with 100% fire->chaos conversion are among the strongest builds nowdays.
Ok, for my Firestormer i'll try an Occultist then! Thanks for the info tho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info