Will there ever be another unique as fun as Headhunter?

Seriously...once you have tried this power the game feels terrible without it. I see why a lot of the old POE blood plays in standard (not that you can't get the HH in leagues...but requires a lot more work).

I sit there looking at inspired learning and feel so uninspired...

I hope we have more "steal powers" kinds of uniques because the randomness of it is fun.
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 9:59:14 AM
As i wrote in your "other" thread:

I'm longing for a unique that will change the summoner class. I want to summon 2-3 bad ass creatures, not a whole army of boring halfwits.

"Minion gems in this item will unite into "a bad ass creature""... Gief!

Mon'treguls grasp was a step in the right direction, with fewer more powerful minions. But... Still boring halfwits.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
The issue is: what would such a unique be? Headhunter is fun, yes, but it's also blatantly overpowered, arguably best in slot for basically every build, and entirely balanced by rarity. It's cool to have a few such uniques in the game as rewarding long-term goals to work for, but you can't have that many, and it seems really tough to design a unique that hits the same craziness level while actually being balanceable, whether it steals mods or does something else entirely.

I'm sure a few diaternal supporters have tried to make the next Headhunter, but IMO hitting that note in a way that appeals to a broad spectrum of players while not going over the top in power level is an almost impossible design challenge.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Apr 26, 2016, 6:08:01 PM
Enigma
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Fuck no we anti fun bro.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
viperesque wrote:
The issue is: what would such a unique be? Headhunter is fun, yes, but it's also blatantly overpowered, arguably best in slot for basically every build, and entirely balanced by rarity. It's cool to have a few such uniques in the game as rewarding long-term goals to work for, but you can't have that many, and it seems really tough to design a unique that hits the same craziness level while actually being balanceable, whether it steals mods or does something else entirely.

I'm sure a few diaternal supporters have tried to make the next Headhunter, but IMO hitting that note in a way that appeals to a broad spectrum of players while not going over the top in power level is an almost impossible design challenge.

Man i would even be content with a better version of inspired learning. Even just stealing one power and not having to take 5 nodes you don't even want to use it lol.

I dunno. The idea of stealing on hit is what is compelling. I wouldn't mind if they started giving rares/magic monsters negative stat effects so that if we steal them we may also inherit a bad effect.

I just think it is so cool.
Shape changing! Become the monster you just killed!

D2 did it (poorly) with the necro set that made you look like a vampire. So it could be done!
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Apr 26, 2016, 7:11:12 PM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Shape changing! Become the monster you just killed!

D2 did it (poorly) with the necro set that made you look like a vampire. So it could be done!

pls Shagsbeard...you have my mouth watering.
I designed a fan unique years ago that did something like the following:

Unique Gold Ring
'Avaricious Despot'

+2% Increased Item Rarity per enemy killed in this zone
Take 3% of Max Life and ES as fire damage whenever a rare item drops.
Take 30% of Max Life and ES as lightning damage whenever a unique item drops.
Take 80% of Max Life and ES as cold damage whenever a party member dies nearby.
Each party member may only enter a zone once.

(Each person only gets one portal use and no new portals can be opened after the initial party leader enters the zone.)

I even made 3d art for it.
Last edited by BearCares on Apr 27, 2016, 12:53:00 AM

Idk how even to response to your question becouse i never got one.
I have not even finde some more comon uniqs to begine with so for all i care NOT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info