How many FPS do you have?

"
Kavlor wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:

Do's and Don't 
1. Never play PoE with just the GPU integrated in the cpu. ALL integrated GPUs suck.
2. Have a Windows 7 or higher running on 8 GB or more of ram.
3. Don't have cpu hogs for any background utilities (some AVs are terrible. I use ESET NOD32).
4. Don't max out the special effects settings (I run medium on most of them)
5. If you have 8+ GB of ram try using the SHADER ram cache (I have been for 3 years now)
6. Do post what you are using for GPU/CPU and ram.

You can do early game on very underspecced PCs but when you hit merciless and start partying then the reqs ramp up like 10 times or more.

Hmm... I never party play so I have no idea just how much extra drag on the fps it causes. Maybe solo is ok but party play would cause my litle old gpu to choke and die.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
LStanley1982 wrote:
I do 40-60+ FPS regularly pretty much everywhere (towns are a wee bit less like 35-50)

Then I encounter Perandus chests, or Shrines, or mobs with "overlapping auras/buffs" and my FPS drops to like hiccup-y 0.5 FPS for 2-3 seconds. If I survive the pre-caching/loading it goes back to tolerable at about half FPS of normal, 15-30 FPS, and when the mobs are dead or a turn off the chests, or I click the shrine... BING! instant 40+ FPS again as normal. Game needs some better optimizing for stacked buffs on mobs.

Particles etc are low, rest medium settings,
AA AF etc. all set by game, all off save for Anistropic Filtering.

Older rig, but was prime when I built it 9 years ago... few parts have been upgraded since (GPU, HDD, Peripherals);

Q9450 12MB L3 Cache on chip
4GB 800 mhz DDR2
Radeon HD 7850 (2GB)
1/2 TB SSD

It probably was good back then, but playing this game on a 9 years old rig is an amazing feat! :)
60 capped by my 32" monitor, shit I need a new one
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Lots. I will check numbers in various locations once I get home, but I recall getting 1000 just inside Dried Lake with no auras, no minions and no enemies around.
1920x1080
Shadow quality High
Texture quality High
Anisotropic filtering 16x
Post Processing consume like no more than 5fps but have it turned off as it is disturbing in party and bombs r not very good visible.

i7 2nd generation 3.2ghz
NVidia 9700 gtx 4gb ram
G-sync (technology not allows go higher than 144fps)

In Highgate fps stable 111 or 125 fps.
In Lush Hidout 143fps capped by G-sync.

In Residence map stable 143fps.
When all shoots in mediocre pack size 110fps.
When huge pack size with agrro and all shoots fluidity drops to 70-90 fps but only in those moments.
When explode/shatter frozen mobs from Arc + Call of the Brotherhood fps can go to 40 only in explode phase and go back immediately to 144.
Drop of fps when opening box with ice nova to 40 fps.
2xDominus Boss + Vaal Skeleton all shoots: in beginning 60 fps rising to 144 when all dies.

All those fps drop r rather not disturbing/seen or felt.

When I play with somebody I get usually around 15fps drop. In full party stable 50 fps with all shoots 30-40fps. When friends utilize his discharge build - when discharge triggers drop to 20fps and immediately to normal values.

When there r open spaced maps with fire or ice on the floor 50 fps is quite normal and in fights around 43. Drops r not so huge but lag is seen, felt and unpleasant.

I tried to drop all graphics setting to minimum but those drops in exploding or discharge phases r not much better. Lets say 10 fps more.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Funkdubious wrote:
~200 fps in town, 333 fps in hideout, 110-250 fps in maps (depending on what is happening) running at 2560x1440 with Gsync on a 144hz monitor

So basicaly you have 144 fps, no matter what your little counter says your screen can't output more than 144

maybe the 144hz is the average or ideal frame rate.

would be interested in the type of monitor and graphics card if it works that well.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Funkdubious wrote:
~200 fps in town, 333 fps in hideout, 110-250 fps in maps (depending on what is happening) running at 2560x1440 with Gsync on a 144hz monitor

So basicaly you have 144 fps, no matter what your little counter says your screen can't output more than 144

maybe the 144hz is the average or ideal frame rate.

would be interested in the type of monitor and graphics card if it works that well.

You're quite right that my monitor doesn't display above 144 fps, though I'm not aware of any 1440p monitors that display at a higher refresh. One of the prime Gsync benefits is not running Vsync, so fps is variable, and even when I hit some crazy particle vomit light show full group, I don't get jerky drops in FPS.

Vio asked for system and monitor specs (they're nothing spectacular, really):

Monitor: Acer XB270HU 1440p/144hz/Gsync.
GPU: GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB G1 Gaming OC Edition
CPU: Old i5-3570k 3.4ghz OC'd to 4.4ghz just cooled with a Coolermaster Evo 212 with 2 push-pull setup Noctua fans
RAM: 16gb Gskill Ripjaws
Mobo: ASRock Z77
HD: Samsung 850 EVO SSD
Last edited by Funkdubious on Apr 28, 2016, 12:39:26 PM
i have no idea but i do know 2 screens away when there are something abnormal ahead xD
d:-D*
Highgate: 150-300, depending on how many other players are around
Outside with lots of action: 70-120

CPU: i7-6700k
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: GTX 980
Settings: high
35-0 fps
foolish mortal, only skilled players blessed by RNGesus himself can ever farm one, not you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info