Dear Cadiro Perandus,

"
madfellan wrote:
It is the worst, dumbest and deadliest addition to this game. What the hell people do you want all of us to end up with 10 voltaxic or shavs on standard ?

It can be a good adition for a temp league if the items won`t end up on Standard. But they will all end up there and this will kill the game.

How do you like that ? Now what ? I`ll go buy another one and 6L that one too ? I played for more than a year not seeing a shavs and i was happy with that, i hoped that one day i`ll have it dropping for me and that will mean something. In this league it means nothing.

So let me get this straight, because you found a Shav's in a 4 month league instead of playing for an ENTIRE YEAR WITHOUT FINDING ONE, you think Perandus is the issue?

The issue is you played an ARPG for a FREAKING YEAR without finding a Shav's.

The drop rates and grind in this game cater only to hardcore gamers and people who literally don't mind grinding forever for minimal results - those people exist with ANY game, there is always fan boys and a population who will go with whatever the devs do. The fact is I have 10 friends who play a lot of PC games (WoW, d3, etc) almost none of them enjoy Path because of the drops and its a build game that literally handicaps your build with drop rates.

This can be fixed in many ways:
Higher drop rates with larger stat variance (AKA - find 3 Shavs to find 1 really good one)
Accept the fact that more players playing for 6 months is better than less players who stick around for 2 years and grind the piss out of the game & those players will return now and then when they get an itch (aka D2/D3)
Keep items like Headhunter, Mirrors, and a few others ultra rare but buff the drop rates of most of the other uniques including higher end uniques.
Make high end uniques have a chance to drop in other difficulties/areas so its not just a map and merc game.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Last edited by CrownOfThorns on Apr 28, 2016, 10:19:17 AM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
madfellan wrote:
It is the worst, dumbest and deadliest addition to this game. What the hell people do you want all of us to end up with 10 voltaxic or shavs on standard ?

It can be a good adition for a temp league if the items won`t end up on Standard. But they will all end up there and this will kill the game.

How do you like that ? Now what ? I`ll go buy another one and 6L that one too ? I played for more than a year not seeing a shavs and i was happy with that, i hoped that one day i`ll have it dropping for me and that will mean something. In this league it means nothing.

So let me get this straight, because you found a Shav's in a 4 month league instead of playing for an ENTIRE YEAR WITHOUT FINDING ONE, you think Perandus is the issue?

The drop rates and grind in this game cater only to hardcore gamers and people who literally don't mind grinding forever for minimal results - those people exist with ANY game, there is always fan boys and a population who will go with whatever the devs do. The fact is I have 10 friends who play a lot of PC games (WoW, d3, etc) almost none of them enjoy Path because of the drops and its a build game that literally handicaps your build with drop rates.

Ever thought you might the problem? I found plenty of good stuff in this game. And every single league i can afford anything you ever wished for. And i don't trade as much anymore as i did many leagues ago. If you use your time efficiently (Aka dont stand in your hideout 90% of the time) you will easily find good stuff.

If you really think that everyone that plays this game should find a shavs, you don't really understand this game at all. Should everyone also find mirrors? Every single item in the game should be guaranteed to you? The concept is really simple, you find something cool, you can trade it for something else cool you need for your build.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

lol it's not. poe is a trade centered game. sf players can go suck it for all i care; rest should learn to trade.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
He should totally stay. I might just forgive GGG's anti-casual slant and by some more vault space and perhaps a couple MTX if he does stay.
"
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

lol it's not. poe is a trade centered game. sf players can go suck it for all i care; rest should learn to trade.

The trading is absolutely horrible, its like 1994 system supported by third party websites and forum spam.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"
madfellan wrote:

Higher drop rates with larger stat variance (AKA - find 3 Shavs to find 1 really good one)
Accept the fact that more players playing for 6 months is better than less players who stick around for 2 years and grind the piss out of the game & those players will return now and then when they get an itch (aka D2/D3)
Keep items like Headhunter, Mirrors, and a few others ultra rare but buff the drop rates of most of the other uniques including higher end uniques.
Make high end uniques have a chance to drop in other difficulties/areas so its not just a map and merc game.

So first you tell us that there are fanboys who will go with whatever the devs do, then you call me and others fanboys because we DISAGREE with what devs did this league ? It looks to me like you are the fan boy. :)

It is my opinion that we shouldn`t get too many good items too easy. So far this league, i refused to buy 3 Voltaxics from the fat guy. And i am not farming him or farm for coins, these were all random encounters while leveling in A4merc and on maps. And that is insane what will happen if Cadiro makes it to standard ?

What will you do when you will have 2-3 tabs with Voltaxics and Shavs, and Lightning Coils and all that crap that was so rare before this league ? Will you vendor them for shards ? Will you keep them available for trade forever because everyone who plays a couple of months has the same amount ? Will you finally realize that Cadiro is deadly for the game and come here to ask GGG to remove him from the game ?

I can play the game ( and i played it for a long time ) without any good uniques. And i can save currency and buy what i need ( if i need something ) from the people who have found these uniques. The same, i can sell them the uniques i found and i don`t use. But if everyone has everything, then what will happen next ?
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
I think it's bad form to say any one group of players is more important than another. Given the microtransaction model this game uses, I think it's fair to say that older players are more important... but also, every old player was a new player once. Really, it's the things which take new, short-term players and convince them to play more, to invest more, which make a game great. It's not about new versus old, it's about new into old.

The first and last suggestions, however, are good. The idea of making uniques drop more often but with greater variance is kind of like a Lite version of my suggestion to get rid of uniques entirely and use affixes to provide the same types of effects.

Regarding your last suggestion: Chris Wilson said recently that the average Path of Exile player makes it to Normal Brutus, but not past. That's the amount of time the game has to sell itself to new players. As things stand currently, PoE's itemization depth is selling itself short. Players are very unlikely to see anything which even hints at item mods which are creative and innovative, and instead just see a lot of "Adds x-y damagetype Damage" boring generic ARPGness a bunch of times. One of the key advantages of converting unique mods to affixes is that you can then balance endgame by tying the most game-changing, build-defining affixes to the lowest-level bases. This serves the double purpose of allowing new players to see the crazy possibilities early on, get their hamster wheels turning thinking about what the game can do, and enable item-based builds much earlier in progression... and save the more boring, power-through-numbers items for the endgame players who can properly appreciate them.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 28, 2016, 2:55:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info