Dear Cadiro Perandus,

"
RandallPOE wrote:
It's funny that everyone shits on D3 because the set items and other building defining items are relatively easy to get, seems that is what people wanted all along.

You want leveling to take a couple weeks, getting a specific kit or item set take a week or two, overall in an ARPG you want a full leveled/geared character in 3-4 weeks. In d2/d3 this was the case, in PoE a 6Link and many good build defining items would take much much longer than that.

Why a few weeks? well - then you can try a new build/theory. GGG is trying so hard to make this a grindy 24/7 game. but ARPG's aren't supposed to be like that.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
He needs to be gutted or his prices raised x10-20 :)
Last edited by kussekurt on Apr 27, 2016, 1:52:10 PM
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"Cadiro Perandus I hope you don't go away.

This is the first time in forever I've truly enjoyed this game.

You are there for the self found and balance the experience out.

All my casual friends and I ever did was pout.

Grinding Gear Games has it all in their name,

But having no job and no life just to test builds is lame,

So Cadiro Perandus here is a shout out,

Now your stupid little coins are what I dream about."

-Filthy Casual

LONG LIVE CADIRO PERANDUS

; _ ; !
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:
"Cadiro Perandus I hope you don't go away.

This is the first time in forever I've truly enjoyed this game.

You are there for the self found and balance the experience out.

All my casual friends and I ever did was pout.

Grinding Gear Games has it all in their name,

But having no job and no life just to test builds is lame,

So Cadiro Perandus here is a shout out,

Now your stupid little coins are what I dream about."

-Filthy Casual

LONG LIVE CADIRO PERANDUS

Good one!!! People who play a lot ALSO NEED HIM, not just casuals!
"Wealth in a game is measured by the amount of fun, joy and entertainment you can get out of it".
-Mythabril
It is the worst, dumbest and deadliest addition to this game. What the hell people do you want all of us to end up with 10 voltaxic or shavs on standard ?

It can be a good adition for a temp league if the items won`t end up on Standard. But they will all end up there and this will kill the game.

Look here :

How do you like that ? Now what ? I`ll go buy another one and 6L that one too ? I played for more than a year not seeing a shavs and i was happy with that, i hoped that one day i`ll have it dropping for me and that will mean something. In this league it means nothing.
Last edited by madfellan on Apr 27, 2016, 5:32:51 PM
So... you derive enjoyment from the game in seeking out rare items to drop, purely for the thrill of winning the RNG lottery? I suppose this is a divergence in the player base and their aims and goals.

I like having the chance to reasonably attain something build defining and getting to play it. For me, the goal is actually playing the game, countering the downside to something, enhancing the upside, and then putting it into practice.

To be honest I'm really not seeing a problem here with Cadiro. It's not like the realm is swimming in Headhunters. I was fortunate enough to purchase a Shavs from Cadiro, having never had one drop for me in all the time I've played. I haven't had him offer me another one since, and there's a lot of other nice uniques I haven't encountered yet either.

I'm still flat broke but I have three builds in this league that I've been having fun with very much thanks to Cadiro. Without him I would have written off this league altogether and just stayed in standard due to the tedium of leveling masters yet again (c'mon GGG, that shit's getting real old).

I think what Cadiro has really done is allow the more casual or solo player to actually compete on the main stage with the hyper players. There's a definite chasm between the broke player that struggles through the game on their own and the well organised, systematic power player that has a good party structure and interaction. I tend to fall in the first group and as an example I've traded for 1 Ex this league, have found none and have about 20c and 5000PC in my stash.

Perhaps we need another type of game access for players: Hard Core, Standard, Standard Cadiro. Each stays separate, the economies don't mix, and then people can choose the experience they enjoy the most. Everyone get's what they want that way. Who knows, maybe us Cadiro fans will eventually tire of realistic accessibility to uniques and wander off to Hard Core for a new thrill.

I think it's also interesting to note that Uniques can help a build immensely, but you still need good Rares to round out that build and that's mostly what I've bought and sold this league. Good Rares are still in demand and keep the average player grinding.
Cadiro was not kind enough to give me a shavs. I bought one from the market and i linked it simply because they are so cheap and i can afford it. I don`t even need the chest and i don`t plan to make another char, i will try to sell it and move on.

The problem is this : Let`s say that there are people who are playing only on Standard league. They have no interest in joining the temp leagues. I was such a guy, i joined during Torment League and i played that one because when you are creating an account, the default option is the temp league. Once the league ended and i learnt some things, i never joined another temp league. And i didn`t wanted to join this one too but there were too many "cookies".

Now, let`s say there are people who play only on standard and they may find an exalt every month, or a voltaxic every 3 months or a shavs every 6 months ( if they are really lucky ). Someone else joins a temp league and he will be able to buy a voltaxic, a shavs and some exalts in less than a month. In 3 months, you will make more currency and items than what a regular standard player can make in 2 years on Standard league. Then you move with everything you have to Standard and suddenly his "fortune" is halved, he wasted a lot of time for nothing.

And you people want even more, you want Cadiro to survive and be present in Standard too. So what will happen then ? Will we end up having tabs with Shavs, tabs with Voltaxics and end up vendoring them for alc shards ? Will we plan any build we like, then buy the most OP items we need for pennies and then complain that the game is too f........ easy ? Don`t you understand that your fun will end very soon if you get everything very easy ? That there is no point in playing because you already know you can beat the game once you have these OP items ?
Having Cadiro in game is like playing with Cheat Engine on. And the worst part is, that once you start to use Cheat Engine you cannot stop using it.

A temporary league should have easy access to good, useful, specific uniques. So people who join that league, will have the chance to end up with 3-4 of these uniques and then, when the league ends, you go and you sell them to people on Standard and buy something else from there. But when there are more old uniques for sale on a temp league than on standard, then there is a big problem.
Last edited by madfellan on Apr 27, 2016, 7:04:04 PM
"
So... you derive enjoyment from the game in seeking out rare items to drop, purely for the thrill of winning the RNG lottery? I suppose this is a divergence in the player base and their aims and goals.

I like having the chance to reasonably attain something build defining and getting to play it.
I assume you meant scarce when you said "rare."

In any case, I quoted this because I feel it showcases how making all the cool, build-defining mods unique-item exclusives is bad design. Why are these two groups divergent? Why should players ever have to choose between the chance for a lucky upgrade, and a build which actually works and does cool things?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
CrownOfThorns wrote:

If this is truly the case, you are far in the minority, there isn't too many of us with absolute GG rares, mirrors, head hunters etc. If you are even getting close - then maybe you should play more than one game OR get a second hobby, this game without Cadiro is the grindiest most simplistic head bashingly numb grinder of the grind I've ever seen. Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 and most other ARPG's are not even as close to PoE.

I could farm any item I wanted on D2 or D3 basically, in PoE in 500+ hours ive never seen a true exalt drop and the end game "Maps" is not even as close to as fun as D2's boss farming or D3's rifts IMO but that's my preference.
You dont need GG items.

My gear isnt GG, its simply good. The power between GG and good vs entirely price vs performance. Theres no point in upgrading to min-max in a temporary league when you have good gear because the price isnt worth the performance. Thats where the majority of this games population seems to be confused about.

No, it isnt the grindist rofl, you just dont make good use of your time and resources. Do you think its magic the same people playing for a few hours a day get the GG gear ? Because it isnt. How many times do i keep having to say this ?

Theres a plethora of resources available to teach you how to earn what you want in very little time, yet the entire fucking community apparently ignores those resources and whines instead of using them.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"

Questioning what other people enjoy is so sad. Especially when you put it in a way where you have to put other people's thrills down to make yours feels better. Yes people play this game to find cool shit. And cool = valuable for alot of people in PoE. Simply because the market is so entangled with the game. Wich is not a bad thing imo.

"

I like having the chance to reasonably attain something build defining and getting to play it. For me, the goal is actually playing the game, countering the downside to something, enhancing the upside, and then putting it into practice.

And you won't stop till everything in this game is worthless. I know. I thought Diablo 3 already existed. Instant gratification for the taking right there. You want everything the game has to offer in 1 week? Play diablo 3. Why bother even playing PoE?

"

I'm still flat broke but I have three builds in this league that I've been having fun with very much thanks to Cadiro. Without him I would have written off this league altogether and just stayed in standard due to the tedium of leveling masters yet again (c'mon GGG, that shit's getting real old).

You are flat broke because you simply don't understand how to make currency. Wich isn't a bad thing perse, but when people refuse to do the work, you lose your say what you should be getting imo. I agree with the master part.

"

I think what Cadiro has really done is allow the more casual or solo player to actually compete on the main stage with the hyper players. There's a definite chasm between the broke player that struggles through the game on their own and the well organised, systematic power player that has a good party structure and interaction. I tend to fall in the first group and as an example I've traded for 1 Ex this league, have found none and have about 20c and 5000PC in my stash.

What he also has done is make every single item in the game completely irrelevant to own. Besides the few special ones. It destroyed a big part of the game. It might not be interesting to you, but it was to many.

"

Perhaps we need another type of game access for players: Hard Core, Standard, Standard Cadiro. Each stays separate, the economies don't mix, and then people can choose the experience they enjoy the most. Everyone get's what they want that way. Who knows, maybe us Cadiro fans will eventually tire of realistic accessibility to uniques and wander off to Hard Core for a new thrill.

And split off the community even more? This option already exists. We have Perandus, Perandus hc and Diablo 3. No need for another version that clones Diablo 3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info