Dear Cadiro Perandus,

"
Perq wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Cadiro is the worst addition to the game ive ever seen in nearly any game ive ever played. Hes pretty much on par with the Black Market Auction house with World of Warcraft, the difference being that he sells shit for dirt cheap.

Because to gain items, you no longer need to farm 500hours of Dried Lake, or get extra lucky when leveling?

How is that not good? :V
Dried lake isnt a good use of farming time.

I have nothing to chase when i do play the game, Cadiro futher exacerbated that problem. Drops in general are over the top too, ive dropped like 20 soul takers this league (havent found any other t1's however). This league offered absolutely ZERO hard to find rare, powerful unique items.

Past 2 weeks has been nothing but me sitting in my hideout, afk, occasionally selling items. Getting fully geared in a week makes the game stale that much more quick, especially with the repetitiveness of mapping.

Also, the shitty balance with melee doesnt help either, as its my go-to form of enjoyment. Soo my enjoyment factor is also down because of that fact as well.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Same feeling here, best league so far, I afford everything I need and more!
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
League was dead to me after the first week. Had everything I wanted, could buy everything I'd want for future builds.

What's the fun in that? I don't play PoE to feel like I feel on Minecraft creative mode...
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
 NICE!!! There are many of us that want Cadiro Perandus to become a permanent resident of Wraeclast. Unfortunately, as in real life, we will need a huge number of players posting here to that fact so I don't think the exiles of Wraeclast will band together to crerate a revolution. If GGG does not get a large enough quantity of feedback in favor of keeping Perandus in PoE then they are just as likely to end up pulling him out for the next league. There are probably enough players that are of the no-life (I was told by ba moderator that it's too derogatory so don't use it) no-job so grinding forever is good to use up my life (sad but true) to sway GGG into forcing Cadiro Perandus to leave Wraeclast if he values his life.

Actually, I view GGG as the Talosions (old Star Trek show) and they get bored with very little physical exercise and thus are mentally changing the landscape and conditions of Wraeclast that the exiles are forced to live in. All this just to amuse themselves a little, not caring if the exiles are better or worse off as a result. Right now the Talosions are in a move benevolant mood and have experimented with allowing the exiles to find/buy better gear with which to fend off the nasties of Wraeclast that they have dreamed up. Once they get bored of that they may flip over to a decidedly negative mood and get their jollies from seeing how fast and often exiles die as life and death is meaningless to them. It's all an illusion anyway (I believe I heard Dominus utter that once... err... 3 times when I killed him... or so I thought... can never be sure in a matrix type world).
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I have to respectfully disagree.

One of the greatest motivations to me playing this game was that rare and elusive moment when finally something great drops.

Sometimes this did not happen for weeks, but the possiblity of it alone was enough to keep me going, and what it finally happened....GLORIOUS!

This has now gone, dropping a "t1" unique and checking its worth right after has been dissapointment after dissapointment this league. :(
I find the varying perspectives here quite interesting.

It's interesting to see some people talk about wealth, such as the item that dropped is now worth next to nothing. But don't we usually acquire wealth in order to obtain high price items that we desire? So if the economy has had a huge shift, and things are now also more affordable, doesn't it stand to reason that we sell our items for less to fund the other items that are now more affordable?

Or is this actually a reflection of the other side of wealth, not the ability to purchase items we need and desire, but as power, the ability to control what is outside the reach of others, the imposition of will over people, or merely the overt reminder that one group has what the other group cannot have?

Personally I'm a huge fan of Cadiro this league for reasons that others have already articulated. I was finally able to try out some items that I had never been able to acquire in previous leagues and I had a blast! As a consequence I bought a supporter pack because GGG finally gave me a great experience.

As for seeing a return of Cadiro in the future, GGG will carefully analyse their stats, not the ramblings of a few here in the forums so save your breath. The bottom line will be player activity, retention, server load and finally revenue generated during the league. Did casuals like me provide more revenue to GGG than the uber players who felt disenfranchised by the significant change in accessibility to uniques, and was the extra server load offset by total revenue.

If we go from feast to famine in the next league, I'm more likely to sit in standard and really get to grips with some of my favourite new shiny toys!
"
Anelit wrote:
One of the greatest motivations to me playing this game was that rare and elusive moment when finally something great drops.

Sometimes this did not happen for weeks, but the possiblity of it alone was enough to keep me going, and what it finally happened....GLORIOUS!

This has now gone, dropping a "t1" unique and checking its worth right after has been dissapointment after dissapointment this league. :(
How expensive do you expect a build-enabling unique to be? I mean, yeah, it does suck that it's less value for you, but consider the issue from a cost-to-build perspective.

For what it's worth, my stance is that unique items are a poor design choice for PoE, and Cadiro is good for unique items. I believe Cadiro shouldn't be in the game, but if you believe unique items should be in the game, it's really difficult to come up with a good argument as to why Cadiro shouldn't.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 27, 2016, 9:08:21 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Anelit wrote:
but if you believe unique items should be in the game, it's really difficult to come up with a good argument as to why Cadiro shouldn't.

Thats not very nuanced is it? you act like it is either black or white, either all uniques should be easily available or not be there at all.

There can be different defrees of rarity, have you ever played ARPG's before?
There beeing certain unique items that are an elusive end-goal has always been part of them.

Apart from that you can play literally 95%+ of all builds without expensive uniques.

Lowlife can be done with solaris lorica, Ele bow builds can use tri-ele thickets instead of windrippers etc.

"
Perq wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Cadiro is the worst addition to the game ive ever seen in nearly any game ive ever played. Hes pretty much on par with the Black Market Auction house with World of Warcraft, the difference being that he sells shit for dirt cheap.

Because to gain items, you no longer need to farm 500hours of Dried Lake, or get extra lucky when leveling?

For that you need to understand the game's essence, which you obviously don't.

=>

"

This has now gone, dropping a "t1" unique and checking its worth right after has been dissapointment after dissapointment this league.
Pas ici pour rendre service ;).
Un jeu avec autant de qualités que de défauts, malheureusement ignorés et soutenus par une marée de supporters nolifes sans aucune objectivité.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Dried lake isnt a good use of farming time.

I have nothing to chase when i do play the game, Cadiro futher exacerbated that problem. Drops in general are over the top too, ive dropped like 20 soul takers this league (havent found any other t1's however). This league offered absolutely ZERO hard to find rare, powerful unique items.

Past 2 weeks has been nothing but me sitting in my hideout, afk, occasionally selling items. Getting fully geared in a week makes the game stale that much more quick, especially with the repetitiveness of mapping.

Also, the shitty balance with melee doesnt help either, as its my go-to form of enjoyment. Soo my enjoyment factor is also down because of that fact as well.

If this is truly the case, you are far in the minority, there isn't too many of us with absolute GG rares, mirrors, head hunters etc. If you are even getting close - then maybe you should play more than one game OR get a second hobby, this game without Cadiro is the grindiest most simplistic head bashingly numb grinder of the grind I've ever seen. Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 and most other ARPG's are not even as close to PoE.

I could farm any item I wanted on D2 or D3 basically, in PoE in 500+ hours ive never seen a true exalt drop and the end game "Maps" is not even as close to as fun as D2's boss farming or D3's rifts IMO but that's my preference.
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info