An Interview with our Level Design Department

please correct "A player reported on the forum there was a bug on gold key doors, that you could skip passed by jumping over a wall [...]"

SKIP PAST.

thanks!
twitch.tv/catmasterOP
twitter.com/catmasterOP
youtube.com/catmasterOP

Playing since Nov'14 just before Bloodlines/Torment release, livestream since 2018, hosting Fated Connections PoE Community Podcast with BalorMage. I look forward to providing a lot more quality content in the future to come :3
LOL, spend more time on the cancer lab! Think it's about time to bow out of this crap pile
Will we be seeing more Unique item 3D Art in the near future?
cool
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
snowglider wrote:
Bring on some mountain / snow terrain! And a snow based hideout, so I don't have to use cob webs to simulate it :)


+1 for snow!


I would be surprised if snow was not in the pipeline somewhere ;).
Well, we already have swamps, jungle, desert and lava, so yeah, snow must be the next thing.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
At some point, all these nice designs goes to shit. Why?
Because only things that are important are
- can i get stable game performance?
- what numbers do i need to kill stuff and survive?
- what does drop from things i kill?

Level design or monster design is lost in the process once you get to the point when you oneshot things and you move through levels fast enough.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.
ING: Marxone
Ty for scam <3
Last edited by Marxone on Apr 27, 2016, 1:55:54 AM
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
You really think so? I hope that's not true, because i'm in the income bracket and lifestyle that can afford to put money into the game. And my opinion, though extreme as I expressed it here, is generally shared among people who used to play this game.


Money can't buy class.

I'd rather make the game that I want to do than whore myself for people that think money buys influence, even if that makes me less money.


I have to second that very much.

Very interesting interview, looking forward to the new innovations! <3
ok... now make some linear maps
"
joachimbond wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
"
joachimbond wrote:
I want to know which one of these knobs is responsible for the Lab, so I can fantasize about his punishment in hell.

Edit to add: specifically, I want to know who it was who said, "I know! Let's put platformer-style mechanics into this game! Everyone loves platformers, right?". He gets to be my happy wheels avatar.


It's people like you the reason GGG will put more traps in the game.


You really think so? I hope that's not true, because i'm in the income bracket and lifestyle that can afford to put money into the game. And my opinion, though extreme as I expressed it here, is generally shared among people who used to play this game.


Uh huh. Props for being an entitled little shit who thinks he should get to have anything he wants thanks to his bank balance. Further props for being the dickhead who thinks he knows what an entire community of people think.

But since you evidently have the money, why not just hire some developers and act as venture capitalist so they can make you the game you (and, apparently, most other people) want. What? You don't have THAT kinda money? Then you ain't rich enough, bro. Or you have better things to do? Then quit whining cos you evidently don't care enough anyway. You also have better things to do than flinging cheap vitriol. Like, say, some constructive feedback. Or just playing another game.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies.

Path of Exile Version 0.7.0: Completely rebalanced everything[/quote] BEST PATCHNOTES EVER!! :D
"
drake1666 wrote:
ok... now make some linear maps


We have linear maps. Strand, Gorge, etc. You just have to pay a bit of a premium (they're still pretty cheap, though) to get them cos lots of people want them. If they add more linear maps, that won't change

The non-linear Act areas, meanwhile, are that way in order to keep with their theme. And anyway, you only need to pass through each of them once per difficulty anyway.
[quote="Qarl"]Fixed a bug where occasionally Fairgraves, Neverdying never dies.

Path of Exile Version 0.7.0: Completely rebalanced everything[/quote] BEST PATCHNOTES EVER!! :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info