Did they honestly make linking sockets easier?

"
ziggro wrote:
2 skyforths? just buy the freaking 6l and stop complaining.

Right? Some people are never ever ever happy with what they got.

Yo OP, 6-L this like last month on the first fuse! Get triggered! Lol

Deliver pain exquisite
it's just RNG, sometimes it's nice and sometimes it's not. I've 5L'd something like a dozen items so far this league, and while i've not gotten any 6Ls along the way, all of those 5L's were in less than what Vorici would charge (one was actually 149), and most were less than 80... all in all, i've had solid luck 5Ling so far.

Meanwhile, my last chroming attempt was to simply get a 3r2b on a 5L Oro's, which *should* average 134 chromes. Instead, it took at least 400 (it mighta been 500+, i stopped keeping track), and along the way i got 3g2b six times, a configuration which had the same chance of happening as the setup i was going for. You win some, you lose some.
Last edited by Shppy on Apr 25, 2016, 7:27:01 PM
They reduced the chance to 6 link, I believe. I remember a reddit post where Chris said that 20% quality nearly doubled the chance to 6 link under the old system. When they changed it so that items no longer lose quality when fusing or jeweling the chance stays fixed at 20%. More than double = 100%+, 20% = 20%
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
I've spent over 4k fusings to 6 link my shavronne's that were 20% quality this season and you don't see me crying. You took the risk by trying to manually do it when you could have bought a 6 link or used vorici
"
ziggro wrote:
2 skyforths? just buy the freaking 6l and stop complaining.

RNG works in mysterious ways ^^ that's what I was thinking.

What do you want another nerf? That's what this thread screams... As it is its hard to decide, vorici bench vs. luck...This is how it should stay.

Over 30 5L. A 0L.

Entropy system needs to be implemented.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
did they make it easier? yes, its 20% less fucking hard.

Is it easy? no.

hope that clarifies things. If your going to 6L a couple dozen things it'll even out, if your just linking one or two things its a gamblers risk. If you don't want to gamble, just pay the 1500 fuses.
Last edited by Asmosis on Apr 26, 2016, 5:04:42 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
did they make it easier? yes, its 20% less fucking hard.

Is it easy? no.

hope that clarifies things. If your going to 6L a couple dozen things it'll even out, if your just linking one or two things its a gamblers risk. If you don't want to gamble, just pay the 1500 fuses.

Actually it was a nerf, having 20% quality on the item before doubled the chance for a 6L (2x), now its 20% (1.2x) better. I always had enough scraps to spam fuses though it was a bit of a pita to rescrap for every attempt.
Yay, another thread where I get to say RNG is RNG.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Pure RNG systems in functions as important as linking are stupid.

I hope the system is not truly random and has some sort of entropy, and I wish GGG come out straight and said it so. Even if it takes 3500 fusings to get that 6L finally.

And no, Vorici is not 'the answer', because by when you regret not hving used Vorici you have already sink an huge amount of fuses. And why would you run Vorici? It makes zero sense, ratioanlly, to use Vorici, because 95% of the time you will be better not using it by a large margin, more so with the 20% quality sticking change. You would have to be mathematically illiterate to use Vorici, but if by the odds you end up on that top percentile of the probability distribution... oh man it can make for a miserable experience.

At least if we knew for certain that at some point we are certainly getting the 6L

P.S: I believe this system is already not truly random, otherwise we would have listen of some stupid story of someone spending 6000 fuses and failing to get a 6L... But GGG should be explicit about this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info