Did they honestly make linking sockets easier?

This is starting to become a joke for me. I've spent around 1,200 fusing this league alone and out of that I've gotten zero 6 links and only two 5 links. In the 800 some hours I've played of this game and of the near 5 figure fusings I've spent I have yet to 6 link an item.

In that time I've chanced Skyforths twice just this league along with a few other catchy unique items, but a 6 link has escaped my grasp. I honest to god think I'm going to give up on ever trying to fuse an item at this point because the ratio of item worth to currency spent is exceeding that of logical figures.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2017, 8:50:33 AM
Could be 5 could be 5500 fusings whatever the case is; RNG is a brutal thing.

I 6L'd a shavs in under 100 in addition to 6L'ing a Carcass while friends still struggle on it lol; It's in no way shape or form easier.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Apr 25, 2016, 1:32:07 PM
There is ONE big change to fusings I've noticed.

If you max link the # of sockets on an item, (haven't tried 6L yet, don't want to waste currency) it will relink them to LESS LINKS.

I noticed it on a 4S pair of boots... if you fuse a 4S-4L, it will re-link the pos to less..

So I said... oh? and retested on a 4S staff (max 6 sockets) and it did it there as well... Likely, it will continue up with 6S items... (unless the code "locks" an item when it 6L's... but then, why not "lock" the 4S boots?)

I just go slow applying fusings. The guys with the "click really fast" scripts and autoclickers probably are burning fuses faster than a stoned 17 year old eats pizza and ramen noodles... with no idea or comprehension as to how many 6L's they've skipped....

Just go slower, check each fuse application, before clicking again.

I 6L'd one piece of gear so far this league, took about 600 fuse.
Don't know about 4 links, with a six-link you can't click fusings on it anymore. They introduced this a long time ago, it hasn't always been like that.

I can guarantee you 100% you can't spoil a 6-link with a fuse, so spam away.

At OP: six-linking is a lottery, some get lucky, some get shafted. That's all. If you want to play safe, buy your six-links or use Vorici recipe.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 25, 2016, 1:42:47 PM
Dunno if you noticed that they never explicitly said "linking is now easier than before". The exact wording was: "This makes the Fusing process 20% easier on 20% quality items, for example", the statement compares an item with 20% quality to an item with no quality, nothing more.

What could also be the case is that linking a 20% item is now equally likely as linking a normal item before the patch and that linking normal items or dropping a high link item is now harder than before. You'd assume we would be told about it, but there were changes in past years that were smoothly slipped under the door.

"
LStanley1982 wrote:
why not "lock" the 4S boots?

It was a requested feature, sometimes you need separate links, Vorici could do it but people wanted to have that option from the start. It's no big deal, just go slowly, 4 linking an item doesn't take many orbs so there's no need to click like a maniac.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 25, 2016, 1:47:17 PM
"
LStanley1982 wrote:
There is ONE big change to fusings I've noticed.

If you max link the # of sockets on an item, (haven't tried 6L yet, don't want to waste currency) it will relink them to LESS LINKS.

I noticed it on a 4S pair of boots... if you fuse a 4S-4L, it will re-link the pos to less..

So I said... oh? and retested on a 4S staff (max 6 sockets) and it did it there as well... Likely, it will continue up with 6S items... (unless the code "locks" an item when it 6L's... but then, why not "lock" the 4S boots?)

I just go slow applying fusings. The guys with the "click really fast" scripts and autoclickers probably are burning fuses faster than a stoned 17 year old eats pizza and ramen noodles... with no idea or comprehension as to how many 6L's they've skipped....

Just go slower, check each fuse application, before clicking again.

I 6L'd one piece of gear so far this league, took about 600 fuse.

I think I would know if I 6 linked an item considering an achievement would pop up tell me that I did it. It's a daily reminder telling me of my bad luck.
I'll never understand why people think pure RNG is good RNG.

In my RNG variant, 6L chance will arise the more fusings you have spent on item.
Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
This hasn't been mentioned, but I just had to double check..you are putting 20% quality on your items before linking right?
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
*cough* of couuuuuurrrrse *cough* I did make that mistake with about the first 120 fuse or so on my staff, buddy on TS was hollering 20% IT DAMMIT!! I was like "why, its a waste" ... "IT STICKS!!" ...

oh...

*facepalm*

we both laughed...

was only like a waste of ~50 or so fuse. (mathematically)

2 skyforths? just buy the freaking 6l and stop complaining.
IGN: Ziggro
- http://tinyurl.com/OblivionGuildPoe - Guilda BR Focada nas challenge leagues de 3 meses Softcore
-Discord BR- https://discord.gg/0qYDwEEl3e5xGaUU

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info