Upcoming Divination Cards

sooo... another disfavour card, yay, will never drop anyway, or be restricted to a place that you can't farm without 24/7 trading, or you know, both. kaoms roots card is neat, I believe this might even be farmable. boundless realms seems kinda useless, since it will be low tiers like 99% of the time, and what so you need those for? storm cloud is a nice leveling unique bow, might be useful in the beginning of a league, if you play self found. cardception card for mirrors, now I'm waiting for one that makes a div card for that card, but please make it like 15/15 and spoiler alert, even that would not drop at all. rare body armor card.. wtf? why? lv 19 skill gem, like the lv 20/21 ones, but actually farmable, yay! I'll take that bone offering gladly for my melee tank. more unique randomness feels good. this is for berek's rings, right? vivid jewel, now this is just sweet.

I don't know, all the interesting div cards you never actually see. you have to trade to complete them, if you are lucky enough to have found one after weeks of farming. I don't really get why people are still adding these really rare uniques as cards. they gotta know by now they're never gonna see those ingame, at least not completed. maybe it'd be nice to see some mid tier items, where searching for the card might actually be worth it. f.e. there is a card for blood of corruption that I have never seen... why isn't there a card for tear of purity, which maybe we would see once in a while and with a bit luck vaal into a blood of corruption. I don't know if even tear is too rare for dropping as a div card, but it's definitely more useful than another disfavour card we will neveer ever see.
Hey, hey! It's the Postal Dude! Get him!
"
Nssheepster wrote:
No, bad precedent is bad precedent, and I agree with you.

However...GGG has announced it. They've SET the precedent. Cat is OUT of the bag. They're GOING to add this now, and we can't stop them. All we can do now is try to mitigate the damage that this card will now do. No company can announce something they're releasing and then give up on it before releasing it. Or at least, no company does. GGG isn't going to delete that card because we complained before they put it out, and after it's released, they can't remove it without shorting the people who have the card.

TLDR I agree, but we're screwed.

Mitigate the damage? A bit of hyperbole no? If someone donated 1k for that, have a ball.

INB4

Balance is an illusion, exile.

Dying Anguish is my card. Was the 5th idea I came up with(the previous 4 were already taken, but I haven't seen cards for them yet). Came about because I, and my friends, only play temp league hc. One of those friends was bragging about how much he was selling lvl 19 gems for and this built from that.
Mmmm... I don't know about these. Maybe I'll be more optimistic after I get myself another coffee.
It seems we're getting more and more types of Divination cards that will just be traded off for items that will be vendored right away...
More chances of getting bad cards in high level areas (like a bunch the "The Scholar" in a T11 Academy map) ?

"The Devastator" could be nice but will make you wanna spend hundreds of Vaals if you want to get at least a 5S/5L.
"The Throne" gives a nice unique you can already find for 1C.
"Boundless Realms" will give you a nice T1 map...
"Thunderous Skies" gives you something people vendor or sell 1 Fusing.
"The Immortal"....... 1/90th of a Mirror.... You'll probably have to spend more time running after these than what it would take for you to get a Mirror drop. So unless you trade it off for a few Exalts the card itself won't be of any use, unless you really want to farm 90 of them.
Now someone needs to make a card that gives "The Immortal" Lmao. This troll chain of mirror cards must never end.

I'll come back to this comment when it happens, cause I know it will.
"Success is not the absence of failure. Success is persistence through failure."
Currently Playing: Contagion/Essence Drain IGN: JddoggAscended

The card will be rare as an eternal orb :x
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Barivius wrote:
"
Nssheepster wrote:
No, bad precedent is bad precedent, and I agree with you.

However...GGG has announced it. They've SET the precedent. Cat is OUT of the bag. They're GOING to add this now, and we can't stop them. All we can do now is try to mitigate the damage that this card will now do. No company can announce something they're releasing and then give up on it before releasing it. Or at least, no company does. GGG isn't going to delete that card because we complained before they put it out, and after it's released, they can't remove it without shorting the people who have the card.

TLDR I agree, but we're screwed.

Mitigate the damage? A bit of hyperbole no? If someone donated 1k for that, have a ball.

My PC and bedroom has the dead or dying ashes of uncounted games. Many of them died because of things very similar to this. If I really started listing how many games I've watched die around me, you'd try to get me banned as a curse on any game I play. I've got a lot of experience with well made games that make seemingly small, simple mistakes, that end up snowballing into their demise.

So yeah, mitigate the damage of a bad decision that sets a bad precedent, that can and will have bad consequences without a very close eye kept on it, and very active players sounding a warning.

If someone donated 1k to do something that risked the game's survival....You ask them to pick something else, or give them a refund.

- Sheepster
I want a divination card that gives The Immortal now...
I'm a little bit Bias, but the vivid jewel card is well and beyond my favourite card out of this pack. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info