Build advice for a beginner, with a particular weapon in mind.

Nice rare, but you have to get well into Cruel level of difficulty (Act 4) before you can use it so you'll need leveling weapons to get you through to level 57. Fortunately Perandus League makes that very easy... You are playing Perandus League starndard I hope? As far as builds go, just about any melee should work. I'm playing a Templar fire caster Hierophant (3 fire totems + Magma Orb) and now a Scion archer with Blast Rain but I've read and agree with Shagsbeard that you should experiment with many skills to find one that you like and then focus on what supports and passives work best for it. Many have posted that the Duelist has gotten buffed this time so that sword would work well with that class. You're here to have fun but if the skill you are using is boring to you but is a FOTM (flavor of the month) with high clear speed then what's the point of playing PoE at all.

I've been playing PoE since CB times and have tried out dozens of skills to date and thrown out about 75% to 80%, not because I was an ignorant newbie 3 years ago and the build wasn't endgame viable (some were) but some skills I tried to use were boring to me. The quickest way to loose interest and quit is getting bogged down in the nitty gritty stats of min/maxing and trying to create an uber build right out of the gate. Screw all that and find a melee skill that works with either a sword and shield or a dual sword such as Spectral Throw. Reave is also a nice melee skill and you can use Riposte + Vengeance to auto counter-attack. I created a very nice Dual Striker with a Wings of Entropy Sundering Axe that I can ST + LMP and single target with Duel Strike + Multistrike and while I know there are many others that can clear much faster I'm having fun with the insane DS speed at level 88 and that is most important... find a skill that for you is FUN TO PLAY.

At the beginning the sky is the limit so have fun, experiment, don't worry about any deaths (I wouldn't start out playing hardcore league) and never rage quit even if you die in boss fights.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
So, guys I tried to make a build, I'm pretty sure it's missing lots of stuff, so could one of you check it out and give me advice? And maybe some sort of leveling guide-line for level 50?(53 points i think)

Passive Tree
I'm a duck, Imma quack, I suck
Last edited by Darestine on Apr 27, 2016, 3:25:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info