Build advice for a beginner, with a particular weapon in mind.

I have a high level one-handed sword, Bramble Stinger, Courtesan Sword. And I want to make a build around it, since it's a very good one, but I have no idea what to go for, also most of the "guides" in the forum are not beginner friendly, since I only started this game 2 days ago, I'd love to get some help from you guys on deciding.

Edit:Me trying to create a build;

The Horrendous Passive Tree
I'm a duck, Imma quack, I suck
Last edited by Darestine on Apr 29, 2016, 8:50:13 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 3:22:29 PM
There's lots of melee skills that would work fine with that. Reeve. Spectral Throw. Wild Strike... the list goes on. You should play some of those to see which skill catches your fancy. Then start looking at builds based off of them. When looking for a build, you have to kind of already have a skill selected.
I'm thinking about Reave mostly, so any good beginner guide?
I'd just go out and reeve away. It's fun. Do it.

You wont understand a build guide right now without a basis of skills to understand the game. Learn a bit first, before diving into guides.

Basics: I'd play a Duelist either dual wield or sword and shield. You'll want to focus on armor/evasion type of gear and not energy shield. Feel free to make mistakes... you'll likely want to start over once you get your feet wet. Nothing wrong with that.

Don't waste a bunch of currency on upgrades at those levels... they don't accomplish much and you grow out of them fast. Save up your currency for when you know the value of stuff.
You could also download a skill tree planner that gives you the stats. Aim for 150+% life at level 85. If you want to go for a more complicated setup, you could try going maxblock with the Gladiator class (100% block chance applied to spells) and either Aegis Aurora and very high Armour / a bit of ES or just some high block chance shield. That is more expensive (and more complicated) though than just going high armour + life + Fortify.

Making your own build is fun :). And you learn a lot about the game mechanics. You will make mistakes, but then again, who cares? So yeah, reave away. That is, unless you want to copy-paste some build.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on Apr 24, 2016, 12:01:36 PM
The problem with many cut/paste build guides is that they assume you have a working knowledge and skills developed in order to make them work. Without actually playing the game, you wont be able to react to the game in the same way an old-timer would. You need to learn about flask usage, and to develop a sense of timing. You need to learn when to attack more or to fall back and regroup. You'll likely need far higher defense than a pro would use.

Don't fall for it. Play the game for fun for a good month or so. Get some of the un-quantifiable stuff down first. Build up a stash of some nice rare items that you could use to level up.

Then start a character based on a guide.
"
Darestine wrote:
I have a high level one-handed sword, Bramble Stinger, Courtesan Sword. And I want to make a build around it, since it's a very good one, (stats in a spoiler down below) but I have no idea what to go for, also most of the "guides" in the forum are not beginner friendly, since I only started this game 2 days ago, I'd love to get some help from you guys on deciding.

Ummm...
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Could be a hand-me-down account.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Technically bannable though.

My assumption was started it up 2 years ago played for a day and got bored, came back and found it more interesting the second time. OP's wording was just weird.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Technically bannable though.

My assumption was started it up 2 years ago played for a day and got bored, came back and found it more interesting the second time. OP's wording was just weird.

Yes, I created my account 2 years ago, played some Shadow, other games were more interesting to me, left the game, I'm not using the level 4 Shadow atm, so technically speaking, I started playing the game 2 days ago, and you can check my characters anytime at all, sure as hell not 2 weeks, let alone 2 years worth of gaming.

I have a general knowledge of the game, since I play many games, not so hard to pick up, even the passive tree isn't that bad, I just want to work towards an optimized and tested goal, along with guide-lines to follow, get this from this quest, use bla-bla to level until you get that, try to have bla-bla as suffix/prefix on your eq. piece etc.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info