I cant instal it on disk D

I am trying to instal the game on disk D but i cant because it doesnt let me choose where to instal i dont have enough space on disk C and but i need to instal it on disk D.
Last bumped on Nov 27, 2016, 5:09:17 AM
Did they change the installer? The standalone installer for 2.0 still asked you for a destination folder in which to install the program:
Spoiler

You can change the default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\ to be some other folder path like D:\Path of Exile. From other threads, it appears that there is a check to ensure that you are installing to a local drive and not an external drive.

If you are not receiving this prompt, check for an option on the initial install prompts to select a Custom or Advanced install.

Aside from this, if you are able to install the program once you will be able to simply cut and paste the Path of Exile program directory from one location to another. I do this to run it from a ramdisk. There is a simple entry added to the registry following installation, which identifies the original installation location (in two places), but that appears to be it.

Meant to add if you are using Steam: You can also have Steam install games to a different drive, but you may need to set up another 'steam library' location in Steam, first. Keep in mind that for Steam to be able to apply updates, you will need an extra 9.5GB or so of free space following the installation of the game. This is because Steam always creates a copy of the file to be updated before applying the change, causing it to make a duplicate of the 9.5GB GGPK file.
Spoiler
(Trying to use the defrag script to reduce the Steam copy of GGPK is also not advised, as this seems to cause Steam to think the file is corrupt and re-download the whole thing.)
Last edited by Pehr on Apr 24, 2016, 2:55:32 PM
I have the very same problem as OP: the PathOfExileInstaller doesn't let you, at any time, chose a location for the download! I must admit this is my first time in my +15 years of intense daily use of computer's software that this happens.

#Mindblown

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info