... Snail Time ...

That's some trash talk if I ever heard it! ^_^

Act, I think that's cool you've found a way to sustain your maps. That's the great thing about this game, there's no one right way to do anything. My idea to build up almost a tab full of T10-13 maps has worked for me...between Zana and finds I'm sustaining pretty well.

I've never had anywhere close to 100 Ex...I've got a grand total of 1 Ex to my name right now...although I've got a good stock of other currency and dozens of tabs full of great gear. Me, a horder? Never. :)

97.24%...I'm getting there...slowly but surely.

Ran my first and only Core map...took my time since I didn't want to risk any deaths fighting the bosses. I think I got less than 1% for running that map...it seemed about the same as running a few Gorges...lame. No good drops...bought in my super ES Occultist and took out the bosses...then Super Giga Malachai beat the snot out of me. Think I'll stick with my other maps for now...and if I find another Core map, will just sell and use the money to buy some Gorges and Plats.

For bearers, you just need to pay attention to the monster's color and hover quickly before attacking (easier said than done). I was just speedrunning through some Gorges tonight and after destroying a huge mob of purple foes I was standing on their shattered corpses and had forgotten to hover over them...then I saw the orbs (at least 10-12) and I just whirling bladed right past them. Suck it, bearers!

Turnip, I can offer POE lessons for the very low price of 10 Ex an hour! Your success will *not* be guaranteed and no refunds, sorry. Oh, and all drops will be split 50/50, fifty for me, and the other fifty for me also. You also must supply the alcohol.

What do you say? :-)
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jul 27, 2016, 12:37:48 AM
Sasori, you're drunk? XD

I never said that you have 100 ex... Furthermore, Turnip has color blindness. He can not see the color of the monsters as we see them...

These two reasons alone explain my previous "trash talk".

Good night, and don't keep drinking...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
Last edited by Actkqk on Jul 27, 2016, 1:46:54 AM
Act, I wasn't drunk...unfortunately. :)

I was just teasing Turnip for being rich...seriously he is color blind? Hmm...that's a tough one...hovering over foes and having Whirling Blades at the ready is about all I can think of. Perhaps Vaal Grace as a last line of defense (I use it for reflect rares and bosses)? Maybe Lightning Warp? Getting out of the way seems to be the best thing to do...but I imagine some builds can facetank bearer bombs.

I think I may start buying maps too. I realized last night how many Gorges I could have bought after selling my Core map...which was disappointing and slowed down my grinding. Buying a few here and there couldn't hurt. :)
97.26% (extremely close to 27%)...not much of an update but I ran the following maps to get that 2%:

Zana Daily (Lv 77 Shipyard)
Gorge
Gorge
Plateau
Arid Lake
Precinct
Academy
Arsenal

But Rngesus paid me back with interest!

Good maps found during those runs:

Plus some lower tiers:

Taking a break for now...more mapping later! :)
Long time forum lurker here :). Came upon this thread a while ago, and was inspired to try and get my favorite standard character to the 100 finish line. I have to say that the grind is starting to wear me down!! Was at 60% through level 97, but RIPed due to carelessness - got a crap-load of bleeds while vaal hasting through a bad pack while in a vulnerability map and died before I could hit my pot :(.

Just wanted to wish all of the rest of you a ton of luck in getting to 100 as well!
Welcome Byzantion! Thank you for the well wishes!

Sorry to hear about your RIP...it gets brutal at the higher levels...but we're all here to support each other so you've come to the right place. In fact, it was Actkqk who originally inspired me to shake the dust off of my long ignored Lv 92 Ranger with his original grind thread. Now's she a Lv 97 Pathfinder killing machine...and I've really learned a lot in the process and seeing two people on this thread hit 100 has definitely inspired me further.

97.30%...my goal was to get at 4-5% a day during the week (that pesky job gets in the way, lol)...so getting 6% tonight as well as a huge pile of maps was awesome...especially on the days where Zana doesn't sell me much.

Hope to see you posting more in the future Byz...I'm calling it a night. :)
Today I had a good scare. I was to 300 life points (aprox) to finish lying on the floor with the emerging window of death taunting me. It was because of the only thing that can actually kill me now... Devourers.
2 blue Devourers appears in front of me and my life almost disappears automatically. Sure they were lucky and gave me couple of critics perhaps simultaneously.

Well, actually there are other things that can kill me. Carelessness with Bearers and carelessness with Corrupting Blood XD

Lvl 98 and 22%.

Good night :P
Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Actkqk wrote:
Devourers
Meh. Devourers are easy nowadays.
Spoiler
until you git insta rekt by +elemental rare with inc.crits aura xD
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
97.33%...

Hmm...3% was about all I could muster tonight. When I feel myself getting tired/bored/sober it's time to stop playing so I don't increase chances of RIP. Zana didn't have any good maps for sale either...so I didn't want to dip into my stash too much. Ran a few, replaced them and I'm done.

Was watching some vids earlier where it was advised to do a Zana Bloodlines mod for maps 3 chaos to get 50% more Magic foes ie lots more maps and loot. I'm sure this is a good thing for some players...but all I noticed was that I had to deal with more bearers, more Obelisks (grrr) and then that Abxaloth or whatever that mofo is called who decided to pop out. Also got a Congealed Blood on the same map but he's a wuss and not worth saying much about. But that Abba Zabba bastard...I can usually take him out without too much trouble...but today he smacked me for around 2000 HP on a Plateau and that was my cue to get the hell out of there. And that's with layers of defense and Pathfinder flasks all running. Fuck that noise! I tend to evade/block/absorb most strikes so when I see big shots start to go through I know I'm out of my league. I only have 5400 HP so you point, I RUN and no punch!

I saw no difference in map drops. The next two maps I didn't use the mod...and as Rngesus would have it, map drops galore. I know that it's all RNG and I'm sure over time this mod would pay off (I used it on a T13 Courtyard and a Plateau) but I'm going to call pass on it. A few bearers here and there are no worry...but getting tons more of them along with those other crappy mods is just more risk of getting an RIP.

So screw it, I say. Bearers, Volatile Blood and straight up big shots are my only real fears...so I do my best to steer clear of all of them. :)

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jul 29, 2016, 12:55:11 AM
Man, I feel abandoned in this thread...where are all my peeps? Turnip? Act? Sarang? :D

97.37%...just played for a bit tonight...and learned something I've heard 100 times already:

Gorge and Plateaus are KING!

Gorges, at least for my build, seem to be the best. I hit almost 14 million/hr on one of them...average around 12.5-13.5 with all of the T9-10s I'm running. Screw the rare red maps...this may be boring...but if I stop messing around with doing harder maps and portaling in my Chieftain to take out the bosses the Gorges, Plats and Arid Lakes are a breeze. There are a few others (Precinct, Bazaar, Academy) that I can get 10-11m on too since I've done them so many times...but I think I'm going to finally listen to the folks on here and start buying more Gorges. Still have plenty left...but I got that 4% very quickly tonight.

Alright...time for a booze and grub run...then I'll be back for more grinding...hope to hit 97.40% tonight!

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on Jul 29, 2016, 10:47:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info