... Snail Time ...

"
outspokened wrote:
Due to my work and study schedules I never bother with guilds/party mapping that's why I've been soloing for the past 2-3 years here. I must admit I'm a bit tempted with just partying to 100 but eh I think I'll stick with soloing on my main even after the exp nerf hits.

@Saranghaeyo - thanks for the crafting advice yesterday on the mace o:!

I felt so bad about that haha, initially misread the % Phys on the Mace but glad things worked out ^^

I am probably going to get as far as I can tonight and then party up to finish when the heat from Prophecy starts to cool.

Let me say this, not to deter anyone from playing solo, as that is something that we love (your OWN pace, your OWN style, etc). But I played Tornado Shot from 1-85 or so in the Two-Week race doing a lot of stuff solo. Was okay, but really felt pressed for time. Duo'ed with friend to early 90. Then said screw it when the league went to ruckus (all mods) and completely respec'ed to Support. At some point, the XP gain was so damn fast because my curses and his skills were min-max'ed. Never felt so powerful as a unit before.

It can get addicting quite quickly.

/e

Rip'ed for the first time since 98. Volatile in a -16 Max Res map... yeah.

Still at 55%. Getting up tomorrow to run all of the Canyon/Lake/Gorge/Plat that I got tonight.

Think I'll finish around 60% to 62%. Good enough for me.

@Ceri, I have saved 18 Necropolis for you if you would like to claim them :3

I started vendoring up all my Yellows, so if you have 2 Shipyards that would be best <3

I also noticed Necropolis goes to Crema, not Academy... haha.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 2, 2016, 11:39:35 PM
Oh, I totally get the appeal of group play. When I started 1.5 years ago my guild had a few active members who had been playing for a long time. I had no idea what I was doing...looking at the tree gave me a headache, so they helped me with everything...including leveling because I kept dying so much. They helped me level up my two early characters with party play...and I mainly tried to stay alive since they were killing anything that moved before I could do much.

Eventually I got better and things were more even and then having a group of people who could tear though maps was fun as hell. Exp gain was great and their MF gear was icing on the cake. Main reason I stopped doing it was that two guys who were my early mentors left the game for D3...and since that time I've been soloing and perfecting my characters...and I think it is safe to say I've surpassed them as well. None of them ever got past the early 90s but if they ever came back to POE I'd definitely want to do maps runs with them again.

See you guys in Prophecy tomorrow! I'm doing a CI version of my Pathfinder...tree is mapped out...it's going to be pretty epic (hopefully not of the fail variety)! ^_^
Oh yeah, no worries haha. Funny thing is the maps that I was running yesterday dropped the 2 divines that I needed for the blood magic mastercraft(yesterday was a good day for currency drops haha). :P

I don't mind party play either(I do have a friend who's been inviting me lately to duo a map or 2 with him) but 99% of the time I'd just be soloing.

Just a question regarding mapping, how did you guys managed to consistently build a map pool consisting of T11+?
"
outspokened wrote:

Just a question regarding mapping, how did you guys managed to consistently build a map pool consisting of T11+?

I never did. My T11s mostly come from Zana. I've only got 5 T12 maps to drop and I'm just saving those for later. Nearly all my maps so far are in the T8-T10 range, and sustaining them is fairly easy if you spam packsizes and just run a lot of maps. Getting T11 and above to drop isn't easy though. I do get the occasional T11 when doing T10 maps, but nowhere near enough to sustain them.
I roll single packsize/blue map for most maps I don't like, and the good outdoors ones I chisel + alch and sometimes chaos a bit (Canyon, Dry Pen, Gorge, Plateau, Springs)

As for solo vs party - I just don't enjoy party play, it's too messy and too fast for my liking. I tend to clear my maps, I pick up a lot more loot than most people do, and generally just being inefficient.. Solo is my game. :) I'm like TheAnuhart with 10% of the playtime. :D
"
outspokened wrote:

I posted this a little bit ago here. I recently bought Gorges to spike as quickly as I could. I'm ending 2.2 at 60% to 100 and that is just fine. About Map Sustain:

- Use Zana always to buy T10 and T11. 5 Alchemy is basically nothing and I like running all of the T11 layouts except for maybe Crematorium (just not favorable layout).

- T11 try to get 1 Pack Size mod if possible.

- T12 settle for 1 Pack Size, aim for 2 Pack Size if possible. Onslaught with Zana (which will change with 2.3 as Onslaught is not there)

- T13+ roll aggressively for double Pack Size (cannot stress this enough). Onslaught always. If Beyond, double Beyond with Zana for maximum XP gain.

You will get a lot of maps. I vendor up all of my Yellows basically to get Canyon (3x Waste Pool) and Gorge (3x Dark Forest) + as high as I can get. You'll have a good baseline sustain just from Zana dailies.

Run maps top down starting from at least T12. Rinse and repeat.

Current Red Maps:

Overall very comfortable. I run Waterways and Wasteland a lot, and last night did a 10 Courtyard binge. I sell my T15's unless I have a rota group, which is pretty much not a thing in Standard anymore. If you can Uber or Vinktar, it's even better, as it's free Red Maps.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Jun 3, 2016, 9:54:13 AM
Saranghaeyo_, do you ever run t14s? And if you do, do you never run ambush? I like the idea of more carto chances, but maybe 3 additional strongboxes just isn't worth it compared to the cheapness of onslaught :/
I'm worried the exp nerf will screw me.
I can't afford/ maintain t12s. /13s
I love plateaus which after patch will give close to zero xp.
Is it easy to maintain a t12 map pool - i doubt it. Mind you, I haven' tried.

If I understand right, t12s will give similar exp as t10s or 9s do now, so even if you can maintain t12 pool, you'll only get the same exp
as we are getting from t10s/9s now.

T11s will be pretty useless.

So 97 - 100 after patch will be nightmarish unless you can mash t13s/14s AND maintain their map pools.

Anyone at 95 who wants to solo to 100 GGG have made it a ton harder.

Okay, get out the zimmer-frames and wheelchairs - we'll need them when we finally hit 100.

Maybe GGG wants the game to be like real life: Solo to 100 before you hit your 100th birthday.

Mind you I always panic over nerfs, so maybe I've overreacted, or maybe not ...

Turnip

Gonna suck for sure ^^

"
Saranghaeyo_, do you ever run t14s? And if you do, do you never run ambush? I like the idea of more carto chances, but maybe 3 additional strongboxes just isn't worth it compared to the cheapness of onslaught :/

It has been debated in the group. Solo I think Onslaught or Beyond will be better, as you get +12% IIQ (along with free Zana IIQ) from Onslaught. Ambush does not give IIQ and is triple the price and provides no IIQ. We ran this in Warbands and the conclusion was only really the +3 Packs of Magic Monsters prefix on the boxes was gonna be worth it, and that requires further rerolling. So not good for clear speed if you have to speed bump 3 times a map.
Thanks for the help guys! Most of my maps do come from Zana or drops. If I get the occasional T12-T13 that I don't want I either sell it then buy the maps that I want aha. I'll note down those tips.

I'll prob. take a break and play a bit of Prophecy haha. Have fun all!
Well, I think that's the end of dreams of several PoE players. Not for me, I have an incredible patience. But I fully understand that this will be a very serious blow...
The point is that I just got out of a Precinct (TIER 11) with Pack Size 10%. I have completely cleaned the map. I'm at level 97 with 76%.
This was my remaining experience before entering the map: 64.696.340
This was my experience remaining after completing the map: 63.928.873
This means that the map has just given me 767.467 experience points. That is about half less than usual. You draw your conclusions...

GGG has done it again.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info