... Snail Time ...

"
SasoriOtoko wrote:
Well you've come to the right place to vent and share your struggles...GL on your path to 97, Quixote!

Btw, really like your guild name. :)

Yeah those RIP's can suck...I got so mad at my last one I punched my keyboard and almost gave up...but after calming down I got back in the saddle. Booze helps. :D

I just stopped taking any risks...but after hitting 97 I went on a mad Strongbox opening spree...lol...I listed to Turnip's advice and I know it saved me some more RIP's but it wasn't easy...those Strongboxes are so damn tempting...:-)

It's very tempting to think - 'oh I have no exp, as I've just levelled I'll go wild for 10 maps then rip, then oops lost 10 maps.

Gl with 97 Sas :D

Turnip
Go Sas!

I think I might just play at a slower pace until 2.3, then come back to finish the job.

Got +5% to 16% now, so at this rate by Friday I'll probably end up somewhere around 45% or so, which is okay to come back and work on it later.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
My only concern at this point is the announcement saying that:

"The experience penalty for higher levels is now slightly higher. The penalty starts taking effect a few levels earlier than it previously did."

-extracted from the theme created by Chris.

Something tells me that this journey to level 100 will be even slower after a few days more...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
That change is retarded honestly.

I don't think GGG actually understands that increased access to maps is better than nerfing XP over and over again.

If you're worried about the no-lifers hitting 100, this change isn't gonna do shit. Wow one streamer is gonna spend an extra 8 hours. Sure got 'em! Only people it actually hurts are the solo mappers or casual mappers (which I think I fall under that category). Stupid AF.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I'm a bit worried about that change as well...one of my reasons for pushing so hard to hit 97. I'm a little burnt out now, lol. :)

Turnip - I'm not running any of my good maps...just a stack of Tier 1-9 rares that I found and didn't identify. I'm running those with my Lv 92 Chieftain with his MF gear...building up currency and buying maps from Zana so I have a nice stock when I decide to go for 98...or possibly level up another character.

Yeah I don't see a lot of love for solo mappers...the change to Zana is the best thing I've seen since I started playing early last year. Getting those T9, 10 and 11s for a few alcs really helps.

Wait...didn't they nerf the penalty a while back...now more (just re-read Act's post)...argh...yeah, very retarded.

I still want to wait until passing the final lab to grind more as I'm sure it will be RIP City. We'll see how crazy it actually is..I really want those two extra points...immunity to status ailments during flask effect would be GG for my Pathfinder. ^_^
"
Actkqk wrote:
My only concern at this point is the announcement saying that:

"The experience penalty for higher levels is now slightly higher. The penalty starts taking effect a few levels earlier than it previously did."

-extracted from the theme created by Chris.

Something tells me that this journey to level 100 will be even slower after a few days more...

Ugh, if this happens, I wonder how harsh the new penalty will be; it maybe very slight, or not.
Even so, it's a worry, but till we see it in practice we wont know.
And its interesting no-one's really talking about this on the forums. Seems odd, as it's such a big change, if it happens.

Let's not lose heart till we know whats actually going to happen!

Turnip 97 40%
Grinding away on T9-T10s, having a generally good time here. Progress is kinda slow now, I settled the day at 94.20%

I had some near-rips that were kinda entertaining. You know those large corner rooms in Chateau, big open space with tons of mobs? Yeah. So I ran into one (15% packsize, humanoids) and it was full..full..of dischargers. Oops. Luckily I spotted them in time so I could Blink away, but damn that fireworks was real. Like 20 discharges going off at once. :D

I also discovered that turbo Argus on a vulnerability map is a BAD idea. Not gonna roll that ever again, dang. He hurts a lot, and with turbo on he outran me all the time. :/ Had to Blink around and throw Decoys all over the place. Too stressful for my already bad heart!

All out of Gorges and Plateaus now though, alas. Isn't it strange how you can miss something you've done hundreds of times? :) I just find them so relaxing.

Hope you're all doing well. Are you all going to run Prophecy or? I think I will have to, the new prophecy stuff sounds a bit too cool to skip.
At 99.50 currently. I consider myself lucky that the new patch does not affect the build I have been abusing. Let us hope that the new exp penalty is not too heavy and I can still hit 100 by the end of next weekend.
You're at 99.5?

Jeez, if I were you I would try to do it before prophecy, if for no other reason than you will be busy in new league? (I'm assuming you will play in new league).

"
I also discovered that turbo Argus on a vulnerability map is a BAD idea. Not gonna roll that ever again, dang.

Yeah, I discovered this fun fact too. :(

And I was right there where you are a couple of weeks ago. You can do it!
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on May 31, 2016, 6:12:18 PM
Well I dont play leagues as I do not have a lot of free time. I am a phD candidate in real life and most of my time is dedicated to research work.

I took a two week vacation to rush one character from scratch to level 99 and now I am back to work. The remaining 50% can only be squeezed out from my free time. Once I complete my goal, I will write a post about how I managed to juggle between career and ambition as well as how I struggled to reach level 100 on just 4 stash tabs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info