... Snail Time ...

I don't know how you guys do it. I just had one reach 95, I start freaking out after 85 percent or so and get overly cautious, thus making it take even longer to level up, rolling baby map mods etc. I also turn into the biggest coward.

IMO, the best way to do it, is after gaining a lvl have fun w/your character; do all the things you were too chicken shit to do while leveling, then when you've had your fun, go back to it.

The grind is real!
Censored.
I get freaked at 90% and start rolling white maps.

Some Great War leader said:' every good general knows when to retreat'

So being 'chicken' should be replaced with being 'sensible'
Ripping at 90%+ is well, kinda yucky.

Turnip

Gratz on 95. Yea that's the lvl when you start feeling the slow down.

Good knows what 96 is gonna be like.

Keep seeing 1c entrance fees for t12 and t13 and I'm like well, I solo. (Masochist)
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 7, 2016, 6:02:50 PM
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I've built my own crit bladefaller.

My advice - play ranged/caster.
Make some dollar trading.
Get a good clear speed build.
Maintain a good life pool 5-6k if playing life based.
Run or exit maps that look like they might rip you.

That's pretty much all I do.

I'm a coward and run for the hills if I'm confronted with something that can rip me.

Turnip

Edit: I don't play a huge amount 2-3 hrs per day. Some more at weekends sometimes.

Ah, I tend to avoid range due to the fact that each time I choose some sort of range, it gets nerfed after a month or so. I started with LA+ Totems Ranger -> Ele Spectral Throw -> Crit EK Shadow although I've started a bladefall shadow like a few days back. Caster seems tempting too - I'll prob. try an arc witch.

I'm running a boring cyclone build right now and I've just hit 75% all ele res(except chaos), 60k dps, and a 5.5k lifepool, I'll just see now how high of a map tier I can go with my current gear. I've started to grind maps and so far it's good. Shit I avoid are just perandus packs - I've RIP'd twice to them already...too much lag.

"
outspokened wrote:
Question for you solo dudes: How do you guys optimize or make the most out of mapping? I never really push past 80 since I've been casual and going back and forth the game for the past 3 years but I had so much fun in Perandus that I want to push to 90 and onwards with my current main.

Pretty much what turnip said - decent HP, good clear speed and in my case, layers upon layers of defense. Here's the setup I have:

1) 5000 HP + 1730 ES
2) 40% base movement speed - usually at 110% with flasks (rarely do they run out)
3) Whirling Blades + Fortify for manual dodging and 20% damage reduction
4) Nearly max block with Rumi's Flask (its like 70/75 or so) with crazy flask refill rate
5) Approx 35% base Evasion rate from gear - jumps to close to 50% and stays there from flask use.
6) 16% Spell dodge from Atziri's Slink Boots (plus another 5% dodge from damage recently Lab mod on these).
7) 20/20 Temporal Chains Blasphemy Aura (slows em' down to a crawl)
8) 30% damage reduction from Basalt Flask due to increase flask effect (rarely runs out of charges)
9) CWDT + high level Enfeeble for big hits that get through to help me survive mobs
10) CWDT + IC + 20/20 Inc Duration + Lv 20 Vaal Grace (great for big mobs and bosses).

And besides this, I make liberal use of an Atziri's Promise flask for extra chaos damage and leech...plus I use a legacy Eternal Life Flask with Surgeon's Prefix which never, EVER runs out of charges since my crit chance with 7 Power Charges (which are always up thanks to 20/20 PCoC) is 90%. Due to all the crazy flask mods that one life flask I carry can fill up my life almost instantly. So I'm a lean, mean, crittin' machine. :)

Damn 75% turnip...you're almost there! :)

I'm at 9%...I found a few red maps and ran them. Brought my Scion in to fight a double set of 4 bosses on the Village Ruin map as I could not risk my Pathfinder dying to those sonuvabitches. My poor Scion took two out but those damn birds killed her 5 times in a row. I did run a Waterways map (first one ever) with my Pathfinder and took on the Ice Golem boss...he is listed at a level 3 for difficulty but he seemed tougher...got him there were some close calls from his Corrupting Blood using minions...but I had a T14 map drop that I will probably run tomorrow...

Night all...

Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 8, 2016, 2:21:39 AM
"
outspokened wrote:
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I've built my own crit bladefaller.

My advice - play ranged/caster.
Make some dollar trading.
Get a good clear speed build.
Maintain a good life pool 5-6k if playing life based.
Run or exit maps that look like they might rip you.

That's pretty much all I do.

I'm a coward and run for the hills if I'm confronted with something that can rip me.

Turnip

Edit: I don't play a huge amount 2-3 hrs per day. Some more at weekends sometimes.

Ah, I tend to avoid range due to the fact that each time I choose some sort of range, it gets nerfed after a month or so. I started with LA+ Totems Ranger -> Ele Spectral Throw -> Crit EK Shadow although I've started a bladefall shadow like a few days back. Caster seems tempting too - I'll prob. try an arc witch.

I'm running a boring cyclone build right now and I've just hit 75% all ele res(except chaos), 60k dps, and a 5.5k lifepool, I'll just see now how high of a map tier I can go with my current gear. I've started to grind maps and so far it's good. Shit I avoid are just perandus packs - I've RIP'd twice to them already...too much lag.

Believe me when I say lifepool is no good indication of survivability. My 9k life marauder may not get oneshot except for boss slams, but getting 2/3 hit in a map with scary mods is possible. I remember that day I was running an easy(no damage mods) volcano t10 when a random white archer mob hit me for 4/5k of my health. Of course, I leeched it back instantly, but it was scary.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
"
Turniphead2 wrote:
I get freaked at 90% and start rolling white maps.

Some Great War leader said:' every good general knows when to retreat'

So being 'chicken' should be replaced with being 'sensible'
Ripping at 90%+ is well, kinda yucky.

It's funny. I'm currently at level 96 with 82% because I decided to run several T12 and a pair of T13 (of course all blue and Pack Size).

Sleep time. If all goes well I should reach level 97 this Monday...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
@outspokened - go for bladefall shadow - it's fun.
@Actkqk - good luck with 97!

Okay so things are moving along okay - but now's the time I start stressing, near to a level.
And my damn map pool is disappearing - I've had a horrendous run, rolling blues at an average of 30% quant.
My cash situation is alright, but I'm real low on plateaus and gorge. Think about 16 plats. 22 Gorge. And a ton of Arid Lakes.
That might seem like a lot, but it isn't; I need to buy new maps, and recently, the kind sellers of such maps have been few and far
between. So, I guess I'll be doing Arid Lakes till the cows come home.

I have around 20 t11s which I intend to run when I get to 96.
Nearly ripped last night on a gorge, again to the guys that drop those bright exploding bombs when they die.
So I'm real nervous about ripping to them. Ripping now would be a real pain, and I hope I level and get a better drop rate over the
next 20 or so maps.

Question for the maths guys: would I get more xp from 3 dried lakes or 1 plateau; im guessing it's the three lakes.

Anyhoo, moral is relatively high, as I only ripped twice, right at the beginning of 95 (under 3%) and haven't ripped since.
But the map pool situation could become a problem, but I don't want (or can afford) to buy 8/9 plats for an ex.

Onwards, and lakewards (those lake maps are so tiny lol)

Turnip

95 87%

ps. Actkqk, thanks for posting those stats, and thanks for all the encouragement I've had from this thread.
Last edited by Turniphead2 on May 8, 2016, 9:59:22 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:

Believe me when I say lifepool is no good indication of survivability. My 9k life marauder may not get oneshot except for boss slams, but getting 2/3 hit in a map with scary mods is possible. I remember that day I was running an easy(no damage mods) volcano t10 when a random white archer mob hit me for 4/5k of my health. Of course, I leeched it back instantly, but it was scary.

Spot on, Etherfire. My Lv 92 Incinerator Chieftain has 7700 life, very good defense and lots of endurance charges...and with my one attempt at Atziri he got his butt kicked so bad it wasn't even funny...sent him home crying to his mama. :D

But my Pathfinder with 4900 Life/1700 ES can facetank her (even double flameblasts sometimes, but thats a bit risky) due to her flasks and defenses...overall, she's the best character I have but has the smallest lifepool...even my CI Witch with 14000 ES and 2300 ES regen per second can't facetank some of the bosses my Pathfinder can (but she's still an awesome tank, lol). ;)

Go Turnip! Go Turnip!! :D
Last edited by SasoriOtoko on May 8, 2016, 11:08:15 AM
Thanks Sas :-)

You're right about the life pool not being enough defence.
I was helped on the forum and my cwdt setup is: immortal call. Increased duration: tempest shield:cwdt.
I use enduring cry and try and max 3 endurance charges all the time for the defence.

I also use Blaspehmy/enfeeble (enfeeble 21/10) which is pretty cool.

The nerves are really harsh now. Even gorges make me anxious. So damn close now ... Getting very exited, but I really don't want
To be asked the question whether I'd like to resurrect in town or checkpoint - I really don't need that question now lol.

Turnip.

TLDR: keeping calm with smokes, and huge amounts of caffeine lol.
Being too careful can be a double-edged sword. Be too careful implies that you're more time standing in one place or very close to where you killed some monster. In these circumstances a small lag or a little carelessness can mean certain death. I say this from my own experience XD

A good example is the "Bearers". It is inevitable that at some point you kill them without realizing it, and it is better to be away when that happens. As in all things, balance is the key.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info