[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

"
Tsokushin wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Yeah, i glossed over your post because youre the lowest common denominator, a prime example of what kind of shitty expectations new players have when they join during free loot leagues like Perandus League.

Youre in for a rude awakening if you expect the game to be that easy after the league is done and over with.

Edit - Oh and i glossed over most of that post too but i find it funny youre trying to talk about crafting yet have no idea how or what meta mods are and how they trivialize the crafting system.

Thanks GGG, these are the types of players you bring in with free loot leagues.

Edit 2 - And you seem to be under the impression crafting should be the end all be all and it already casualized the game enough to the point where you can throw a single mod on an item and it will be "good enough" til you find something better.

Game is E Z.

Lowest common denominator? A new player willing to support the game? I wouldn't allow you to run a business, that's for sure.

In any case, if more hard grassed RNG is what I can expect, then I guess I've spent all I'm willing to spend.

In any case, Meta Crafting Mods do not give top tier stats, in addition they cost exalted orbs to put them on any item. Exalted orbs do not drop everyday. The only worthwhile way to acquire a mass of them is, as I've said, using poe.trade which inevitably leads to me spending more damn time alt tabbed trying to trade my way up rather than playing the actual game. But oh wait, doesn't even matter because even with crafting there's still a layer of RNG to it, at least when it comes to coloring sockets to your personal specification.

And, I'd prefer that the game difficulty be gated behind actual mechanics, not RNG. What you're saying is akin to playing Roulette and winning and saying it's easy. You didn't win by skill, nor effort within the actual game. You won because you were lucky.
Dear god the lack of understanding from you, you clearly have no idea what im even talking about.

Thanks GGG, this is what your game is becoming. People who dont even remotely understand the game trying to argue about things they literally do not understand.

10/10
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Perq wrote:
RNG is ok, but it helps if you use entropy systems, so you don't screw people on wrong side of Gaussian curve - just like in the case of Evasion. Crafting with fuses/jewelers happens to be the best example. :V

But yeah, other than that, this is what makes PoE replayable. You can't expect to get certain stuff if you do X. Its RNG, and this is why most of us is still playing it. Unexpected can happen.
Yeah, apparently people dont understand crafting is that "entropy" though.

Back in the day you find an item that lacks x/y/z stat, you didnt go, "Oh hey, i can use this i just need to master craft a mod on it and i can use it!".

Back in the day you find an item and its either good or vendor, there was no "good enough, i can just craft what i need onto it".

Master crafting was a reasonable balancing point for RNG when crafting even though it arguably made it too easy.

I dont get how someone can sit here and complain about a permanent meta mod costing a couple exalts that allows you to scour exalt for T1 mods, after locking 3 T1 mods. In cases with weapons you quite literally only need to hit 3 T1 mods (Ideally %, % hybird, flat).

Back in the day you had to do Alt+Aug+Regal, then you had to Eternal (which were 3-5ex each depending on when you played, and they went up when it was announce theyd be removed). Each failed exalt meant using the imprint, then using another eternal. Effectively old crafting was exponentially more expensive.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Perq wrote:
RNG is ok, but it helps if you use entropy systems, so you don't screw people on wrong side of Gaussian curve - just like in the case of Evasion. Crafting with fuses/jewelers happens to be the best example. :V

But yeah, other than that, this is what makes PoE replayable. You can't expect to get certain stuff if you do X. Its RNG, and this is why most of us is still playing it. Unexpected can happen.
Yeah, apparently people dont understand crafting is that "entropy" though.

Back in the day you find an item that lacks x/y/z stat, you didnt go, "Oh hey, i can use this i just need to master craft a mod on it and i can use it!".

Back in the day you find an item and its either good or vendor, there was no "good enough, i can just craft what i need onto it".

Master crafting was a reasonable balancing point for RNG when crafting even though it arguably made it too easy.

I dont get how someone can sit here and complain about a permanent meta mod costing a couple exalts that allows you to scour exalt for T1 mods, after locking 3 T1 mods. In cases with weapons you quite literally only need to hit 3 T1 mods (Ideally %, % hybird, flat).

Back in the day you had to do Alt+Aug+Regal, then you had to Eternal (which were 3-5ex each depending on when you played, and they went up when it was announce theyd be removed). Each failed exalt meant using the imprint, then using another eternal. Effectively old crafting was exponentially more expensive.

I don't want to argue with that, since i started this game during 1.3 playing quite casually and i thought the game fair. D2 was way more punishing rng wise i reckon.

Still i'm very terrified to be on the very wrong side of the curve, that guy out of 20 that get very bad luck.
Most of the times is fair, but a very tiny entropy to smooth just the very extremes would be more than ok.

By the way i even think extreme luck is unfair to be honest :P
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
"
Tsokushin wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
Yeah, i glossed over your post because youre the lowest common denominator, a prime example of what kind of shitty expectations new players have when they join during free loot leagues like Perandus League.

Youre in for a rude awakening if you expect the game to be that easy after the league is done and over with.

Edit - Oh and i glossed over most of that post too but i find it funny youre trying to talk about crafting yet have no idea how or what meta mods are and how they trivialize the crafting system.

Thanks GGG, these are the types of players you bring in with free loot leagues.

Edit 2 - And you seem to be under the impression crafting should be the end all be all and it already casualized the game enough to the point where you can throw a single mod on an item and it will be "good enough" til you find something better.

Game is E Z.

Lowest common denominator? A new player willing to support the game? I wouldn't allow you to run a business, that's for sure.

In any case, if more hard grassed RNG is what I can expect, then I guess I've spent all I'm willing to spend.

In any case, Meta Crafting Mods do not give top tier stats, in addition they cost exalted orbs to put them on any item. Exalted orbs do not drop everyday. The only worthwhile way to acquire a mass of them is, as I've said, using poe.trade which inevitably leads to me spending more damn time alt tabbed trying to trade my way up rather than playing the actual game. But oh wait, doesn't even matter because even with crafting there's still a layer of RNG to it, at least when it comes to coloring sockets to your personal specification.

And, I'd prefer that the game difficulty be gated behind actual mechanics, not RNG. What you're saying is akin to playing Roulette and winning and saying it's easy. You didn't win by skill, nor effort within the actual game. You won because you were lucky.
Dear god the lack of understanding from you, you clearly have no idea what im even talking about.

Thanks GGG, this is what your game is becoming. People who dont even remotely understand the game trying to argue about things they literally do not understand.

10/10

It's not that I don't understand you. It's that you're having a knee-jerk neckbeard reaction here. Meta crafting mods cost exalted orbs to place on an actual item. Then you have to RNG an exalted orb for a chance at a stat you're looking for. This cost goes up prohibitively if this fails.

Now, I do not nearly have that much as exalted orbs do not drop everyday, nor do I enjoy spending more time outside PoE on a website trying to trade my way up instead of actually just playing the game. Not to mention all the botters that sit on that website and in Trade chat.

You can very well go full 100% crafted mods, but you will never get top tier stats or several of the drop only affixes such as chaos resistance, spell/elemental damage on necklaces, etc as they cannot be master crafted, and must be RNG rolled.

There's layers upon layers of RNG when it comes to this game. I fail to see how it would be bad to introduce a better loot system when it came to upper map tier bosses in the same vein as Atziri wherein they have guaranteed drops but it's from a pool of currency/items. So that there's at least some risk vs reward and not pure RNG when it comes to stuff like this.

As I've said, I've invested nearly all of my currency into trying to properly color and 6 link an armor piece in addition to nearly all spare Chaos I have going into upper tier maps. So far, all that went into this armor endeavor has turned into nothing, and it's preventing me from progressing because I do not have what I need to actively face these upper tier bosses, especially considering my build.
Last edited by Tsokushin on Apr 25, 2016, 5:02:33 PM
Oh look, the guy who doesnt understand anything starts throwing out the "neckbeard" insults.

Protip, instead of complaining, learn to play the game.

Theres a neat little item called "Celestial Justicar" which is like 20c per card (Or farm it in Crypt maps, it only takes a day worth of farming to get a set) which gives you a 6L Astral Plate, all you have to do is spam 100 chaos on it and youre pretty much guaranteed to get a decent 6L chestpiece within the 100 chaos you spent. Its all too common to get a stupidly good one within like 500.

See how i just completely avoided any form of RNG related to getting a 6L and a decent chest piece ?

Mind Blown.

"
Tsokushin wrote:
As a new player, with a fully public profile, and who has paid into the game because I liked the gameplay mechanics when I started, the RNG needs to be toned WAY down.

It's starting to get ridiculous when I'm attempting to see what all the endgame has to offer only to be shut down because RNG didn't give me a necessary 6l in all the fuses I've used. Worse yet, it's asking for an exorbitant 1500 fuses to actually make one, one which would take literal ages to farm yourself. This doesn't even take into account that for the best of my current build, I'd need a solid 4-5 blue sockets, which for some reason it's been decided that str armor should lower the chance of it being applied. Even using the Vorici 2 or 3b for the past 60 times (resulting in over 2k loss in chroms to date) has been nothing but arduous.

To make matters worse, because I was investing my currency into trying to get a 6 linked, 4-5 blue sockets strength based armor, I'm now on the verge of being broke, so now I cannot even buy much anything. This means that all the currency I acquired towards this end has resulted in absolutely nothing. Right now, it's not the actual difficulty of the t14-15 bosses themselves that stop me, but rather RNG because it prevents me from progressing.

Then there's the actual trading. I'm still new and I have no idea what anything is truly worth, but for one thing, Trade chat is full of people trying to charge you an arm and a leg compared to what you'd find on poe.trade. Now, when I log in, I'm spending a good portion of my damn time tabbed out of the game trying to price my stuff to sell instead of actually playing the game. This is stupid.

All of you people pandering to RNG have never worked with your hands in real life. Have never dug holes, built anything, honest work. There is no RNG to any of that. It's all careful, planned, all the difficulty is in the execution, and it's all equally rewarding compared to the work put in. Honest work. Where the reward is in direct comparison to the amount of work or skill you had to display.

And before you state "why don't you put work into trading" I mean work actually playing just the damn game, going out, fighting stuff, exploring maps, etc.

I'm not saying RNG on combat mechanics needs to be removed, that's at least understandable. But RNG when it comes to crafting and drops needs to be adequately addressed. If I kill one of the most difficult t14-15 map bosses, I should have something to show for it. If I have a reasonable amount of Chromatic Orbs, then I should be able to color it successfully the way I need it.

This game is damn well hard enough with the fact that some builds (close range) are just doomed to fail or have it harder mechanically than other builds without having to fight RNG itself so that I'm able to perform.

Well said! But don't think that brainwashed rng lovers would understand anything from your or mine post, they blind and so busy with SWJ stuff in every thread and every forum.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
Tsokushin wrote:
As a new player, with a fully public profile, and who has paid into the game because I liked the gameplay mechanics when I started, the RNG needs to be toned WAY down.

It's starting to get ridiculous when I'm attempting to see what all the endgame has to offer only to be shut down because RNG didn't give me a necessary 6l in all the fuses I've used. Worse yet, it's asking for an exorbitant 1500 fuses to actually make one, one which would take literal ages to farm yourself. This doesn't even take into account that for the best of my current build, I'd need a solid 4-5 blue sockets, which for some reason it's been decided that str armor should lower the chance of it being applied. Even using the Vorici 2 or 3b for the past 60 times (resulting in over 2k loss in chroms to date) has been nothing but arduous.

To make matters worse, because I was investing my currency into trying to get a 6 linked, 4-5 blue sockets strength based armor, I'm now on the verge of being broke, so now I cannot even buy much anything. This means that all the currency I acquired towards this end has resulted in absolutely nothing. Right now, it's not the actual difficulty of the t14-15 bosses themselves that stop me, but rather RNG because it prevents me from progressing.

Then there's the actual trading. I'm still new and I have no idea what anything is truly worth, but for one thing, Trade chat is full of people trying to charge you an arm and a leg compared to what you'd find on poe.trade. Now, when I log in, I'm spending a good portion of my damn time tabbed out of the game trying to price my stuff to sell instead of actually playing the game. This is stupid.

All of you people pandering to RNG have never worked with your hands in real life. Have never dug holes, built anything, honest work. There is no RNG to any of that. It's all careful, planned, all the difficulty is in the execution, and it's all equally rewarding compared to the work put in. Honest work. Where the reward is in direct comparison to the amount of work or skill you had to display.

And before you state "why don't you put work into trading" I mean work actually playing just the damn game, going out, fighting stuff, exploring maps, etc.

I'm not saying RNG on combat mechanics needs to be removed, that's at least understandable. But RNG when it comes to crafting and drops needs to be adequately addressed. If I kill one of the most difficult t14-15 map bosses, I should have something to show for it. If I have a reasonable amount of Chromatic Orbs, then I should be able to color it successfully the way I need it.

This game is damn well hard enough with the fact that some builds (close range) are just doomed to fail or have it harder mechanically than other builds without having to fight RNG itself so that I'm able to perform.

Well said! But don't think that brainwashed rng lovers would understand anything from your or mine post, they blind and so busy with SWJ stuff in every thread and every forum.
Then go play another game, you clearly dont belong here playing the ARPG genre.

Thats like me bitching MOBA games being bland and boring as fuck but continuing to play and bitch about them anyways.

Social justice is the view that everyone deserves equal treatment economically, politically and socially.

This is not your game; it is GGG's game. We RNG lovers were here first, made the core of the community, and the game has since - indeed, always - had a strong RNG focus. If you want to pursue a game which fits your RNG-less gameplay desires, do so elsewhere.

And if you disagree with that, you are a "social justice warrior," in the pejorative sense of the term. Although, really, people don't mean the words anymore when they say them.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2016, 7:06:33 PM
Look, I didn't read the entire thread so I have no idea where or why people are bringing up this entire Social Justice thing here. All I'm talking about is how RNG is detrimental to the longevity of this game.

I honestly don't see why they could shift the focus of difficulty from RNG in loot drops to actually having difficult boss fights and such. It gets to be annoying when you're not playing a faceroll, 1 shot boss build and actually need the upgrades to be able to do the content.

Reducing a lot of the RNG and giving people tools to more vastly explore builds would actually lend more longevity to this game, especially completionists that like to try to defeat every boss there is in the game and reach 100 before progressing with a new character.

But, in the end, as Chris said, the start of Perandus League and the advent of wider item availability lead to a new peak in player count along with longer player retention.
"
Tsokushin wrote:
Look, I didn't read the entire thread so I have no idea where or why people are bringing up this entire Social Justice thing here. All I'm talking about is how RNG is detrimental to the longevity of this game.

I honestly don't see why they could shift the focus of difficulty from RNG in loot drops to actually having difficult boss fights and such. It gets to be annoying when you're not playing a faceroll, 1 shot boss build and actually need the upgrades to be able to do the content.

Reducing a lot of the RNG and giving people tools to more vastly explore builds would actually lend more longevity to this game, especially completionists that like to try to defeat every boss there is in the game and reach 100 before progressing with a new character.

But, in the end, as Chris said, the start of Perandus League and the advent of wider item availability lead to a new peak in player count along with longer player retention.
It doesnt long term, its a short term effect.

Next league when theres no free loot falling out of cadiros asshole will prove that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info