[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I sense nothing but entitlement mentality in your argument.

The forums are loaded with it anymore.
If people are gonna argue RNG is the only thing making the game hard then they need to realize that is a bad thing to begin with.

If there actually was content that required high end gear (rares) to complete then the RNG regarding obtaining that level of gear could be lowered.
At the same time rolling a dice on monster mods works ok in theory until you get that one monster that stacked 3-4 of them and instashots anyone.

Mechanic difficulty over spike difficulty would be a lot welcome change (Izaro/Atziri is a nice example of a fight that is mechanically challenging).
[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Apr 23, 2016, 11:22:33 AM
"
Mannoth wrote:
If people are gonna argue RNG is the only thing making the game hard then they need to realize that is a bad thing to begin with.
Well, I mostly agree there. Not completely; I see poker as a skill game, and it has loads of randomness, including "spikes" that require skill to properly manage. (Many a PoE forum QQer just doesn't know when to fold 'em.) But randomness is definitely NOT the only thing which makes poker hard, and if it was it wouldn't be a skill game at all. So there's definitely a lot wrong with the "RNG is the only thing making PoE difficult" argument.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 23, 2016, 11:34:23 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
RNG in PoE one of the worst type of RNG, close to Chinese MMO or even worse.

Corrupted today x15 3lvl Empower, x12 Explosive Arrow, x3 Increased Burning Damage and few mixed 20/20 gems and got 1 21/20 gem, zero 4lvl empower, many lost level, lost quality, other just corrupted with no changes. <= That was today.   Wasted 4000+ Fusing, stopped roll maps while leveled to 100 as it never work, Corrupted x34 T13 maps and no Vaal Temple, wasted so many orbs trying to craft some gear, never seen T1 unique drop for 4 years even tho i play a lot and has few MF char, and more happens to my char on that league. I claymed it to

RNG one of the worst, bad and unfair thing PoE has.
PoE heavily based on RNG and this should be changed.

6 linking = RNG, 6 Socket = RNG, 5 linking = RNG, 21/20 = RNG, "craft" in PoE = super RNG, drop = RNG, everything based and orienteered on RNG.
And this make HUGE gap between "lucky" or more like manually fixed by GGG or GM and "unlucky" also fixed by GGG or GM. This is not fun or interested in any case: you farm few months to "craft" and if you "unlucky" you just wasted for nothing there months, want to 6 link your main item and was "unlucky" you lost that build and end up as bankrupt, you want vaal your empower and level tonnes of them with "unluck" mode made by GGG or GM you lost your time for no reason.

RNG absolute in PoE and the best would be if RNG leave or at least nerfed. We still have no real craft, no real use for orbs that just feed no purposely but pure RNG and we got tonnes useless mods that add nothing but make harder roll/craft everything, no progress but RNG bullshit that only make some "lucky" win game and easy mode and "unlucky" lost everything and start again "grind" like Chinese or Korean MMO.

We don't play ARPG or something, PoE more like Chinese or Korean MMO will full of gold farmer that use some sort of programs like bots or hacks. Maybe change it? Reduce gap between "lucky" and "unlucky" so it would be more fair and more players could just PLAY THE GAME! GGG should learn that games is not for time wasting, games should be interested in the subject and give positive emotions and fun. If player farm so hard for his any goal then let him achieve this goal, its easy. Right now PoE more like trading simulator and huge heavily pro trade orienteering game that don't punish traders at all, when absolutely punish players who try to craft. And this gap HUGE. Trading in PoE got so much power that it makes game looks like MMO or simulator stock exchange.

I learned my lesson = no and never craft in PoE again, as GGG or GM make me 99% time "unlucky" with everything: map drop, craft, 6 link, vaaling items/gems, chance uniques, drop items, E.T.C.

Locking your account won't stop GGG from looking at the stuff you have , and if you lie about anything this post won't be taken seriously .

Honestly , half the stuff you said seems made up and even if it isn't you still have TRADING in this game .

And since the game is not solo self found at its core , you can complain about not getting drops all day and still won't be taken seriously by people who actually trade ( like 99 % of the population lol ) .

Think about it and stop being a drama queen , oh and btw I bet you have at least 2 x 6 links in your account and T1 uniques - so man up and don't lie .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on Apr 23, 2016, 11:47:42 AM
"
tryhardgg wrote:
And since the game is not solo self found at its core , you can complain about not getting drops all day and still won't be taken seriously by people who actually trade ( like 99 % of the population lol ) .
Although I agree with your core point, it's definitely not 99%. Chris Wilson recently said on State of Exile that the average PoE player doesn't make it to Normal Brutus (due in large part to it being a free-to-play game which many players only play for an hour or so), so it's clearly less than 50%. I imagine you really meant "endgame population," but still, that's survey work and it's best not to pull statistics out one's butt until some effort at data collection is made.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
tryhardgg wrote:

Honestly , half the stuff you said seems made up and even if it isn't you still have TRADING in this game .

Think about it and stop being a drama queen , oh and btw I bet you have at least 2 x 6 links in your account and T1 uniques - so man up and don't lie .

"
This profile has been set to private

This explain everything.

This SWJ pretty good example why SWJ = cancer. As always talk about trading as excuse for RNG, nothing new there, copy paste as always.

Didn't read my post and still make stupid argument taken from ass. Now tell me where did i said something about not having anything listed in OP? You just can't read or didn't read post at all and make a lie as fact or just bs.

I used lot of orbs, vaaled gems, farm maps, etc (never said how poor i am and this is opposite in my thread as i listed so many stuff that you or some of community don't have) and my post was about how "unlucky" rng and "lucky" rng gave WAY too much different/gap and explain with my example/experience.
I vaaled x15 3lvl Empower and got zero 4lvl, vaaled tonnes 20/20 gems and got ONE 21/20 gem, used more then 4000 Fusings on Perandus league and got zero 6L FROM IT (but i bough and used Vorici to make 6L after that), i have few 100 lvl chars but i set how bad my rng was as i almost 99% time never get map return when other getting, i stated and explained it all, but you my little SWJ never seen it as you can't read at all.

Well, we can see who there RNG lovers are. Special funny to see no challenge and full private account.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
The big gaming companies that have been around for decades layer in deterministic reward paradigms. They add safety nets to limit RNG outcomes within a desired standard deviation...

I'm not sure how GGG missed something so fundamental.
They didn't. Trading is the safety net. A lot of otherwise odd choices (lack of offline mode, maprolling, etc) make a lot more sense when you see trading not as an optional social function, but as a very necessary RNG smoothing mechanism.

You realize that this is the exact reason why D3 was absolutely hated on in the first place right? Trading isn't just a 'safety' net, it's actually necessary for progress unless you are running a metabuild of the league. Self-founding an EQ build is easy, self founding from the ground up a physical damage wand build is a totally different story.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Winning means nothing if you cannot lose.

Well said.

I'll even extend this a bit more to my liking, if you dont mind, Charan.

Winning big means nothing if you cannot lose big.

Proportion goes without saying. Unless, that is, you've made it a job and not a game. Then you want to win big, lose little. That's investment. That's professional poker. That's not PoE.

actually, I was talking about the possibility of losing big, so poker definitely qualifies, especially the NL variant.

what you're talking about is more of a traits of an ideal winning player in poker.
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Vhlad wrote:
The big gaming companies that have been around for decades layer in deterministic reward paradigms. They add safety nets to limit RNG outcomes within a desired standard deviation...

I'm not sure how GGG missed something so fundamental.
They didn't. Trading is the safety net. A lot of otherwise odd choices (lack of offline mode, maprolling, etc) make a lot more sense when you see trading not as an optional social function, but as a very necessary RNG smoothing mechanism.
You realize that this is the exact reason why D3 was absolutely hated on in the first place right? Trading isn't just a 'safety' net, it's actually necessary for progress unless you are running a metabuild of the league.
Is it even possible for you to post without hyperbole? "Exactly the reason..." for some players, I guess, but there was a LOT of bad design decisions (and downright sabotage by the botting industry) involved. "Necessary for progress..." if your idea of progress is gaining against other players on the ladder, perhaps, but even a couple Chaos a day is technically progress.

What I feel you're trying to say, as usual, is that it's optimal, and thus players feel an overwhelming urge to participate. While I would disagree with this statement for casual players, I do think there is a certain point in mapping, somewhere around mid-tier maps, where you sell items for currency (and perhaps trade for some maps) or sustainment becomes nigh-impossible. So yeah, rather big push to sell if you want to take your character that far, and trading for gear is better than crafting it for virtually everyone.

Is this a bad thing? I don't think so.

Even then, it is completely possible to enjoy the game from a "defeat Merciless Malachai then reroll a new character" perspective without trading at all, and in that sense the push to trade isn't nearly as hard as you make it out to be.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 24, 2016, 2:12:29 AM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

Well said.

This is interesting how many RNG lover we have there, i don't think anyone of them ever roll something with lots of orbs: 10000 fusings and not even 6l, x20 empowers 3lvl and not one 4lvl, 5000 jewellers and not a single 6 sockets, run 100 red maps and get 2-3 return only or non, run 2000 labs and not a single enhancement needed, E.T.C.

Also people who defend so hard RNG in PoE don't know how big gap between "lucky" and "unlucky" - this is like two different games with different genre. Lucky got always or almost always return or plus while mapping when unlucky never, lucky roll 6S and 6L with less then 100 jewellers and fusings while unlucky cannot do the same for x100+ times as lucky guy, etc.

Also people who love masochism, oh i mean RNG, never grind for real and don't know value of there hard worked orbs and how long it takes to grind them, how "lucky" that plays 1-2h/day get 6S/6L in 1 fusing and how you cannot do the same for 10000, they never learn that feels and how it drive away and kill all moods to play or do something.

Either there RNG lovers play 1-2h/day or sit in HO and trade all day/most of time. They don't want that their price go lower or players that play more then they get more orbs/unique/maps/etc.

I used so many orbs and gems, play so many maps and labs, search so long for cadiro brodeal and never get anything that "lucky" get, so smart and fair... clearly balanced shit.

oh please spare us the theatrics

today I spent 300+ fuses out of 400 something Ive had, trying to get a 5link (not even a 6L) a shitty bow I bought for 2c

vorici 5L is 150 fuses.

was it irrational to spend these many fuses on a bow that was below 1ex (well it was very undepriced but thats not the point) ? yes, most likelyt. yet I was in control of my bankroll (orbs) and was content with losing big if I needed to. and I did. and I liked it. it was glorious.

the concept of bankroll management is vital to playing poker. the rule of thumb there is, play at stakes where losing big still won't put a huge dent in your bankroll. this means, dont spend all your rent money playing $3-6 limits and rather grind .10-.20 limits if losing over 500 dollars is really bad for your finances.

exact same thing applies to poe. if you (you in particular) play so much as you claim, all those things you've described should be non-consequential. it should be peanuts to you. and if they're not, you shouldn't have gambled on them in the first place.

the problem here is a simple one- you cannot take losses, bad ones in stride. OR you cannot manage your bankroll. or (most likely) both.

so please tell me, how can some of the best professional poker players endure bad streaks that can last months and literally, years.

https://www.highstakesdb.com/profiles/Polarizing.aspx?Show=All#graph
do you know who this is ? this is phil ivey, one of the most feared cash nosebleed stakes poker players in the world who has at least 5 WS bracelets.

https://www.highstakesdb.com/profiles/Isildur1.aspx?Show=All#graph
do you know who this is ? this is the guy who is widely was (and is) considered the best online poker player

they play poker professionally. they grind more hands than you do poe. easily. and yet we don't hear them complaining how 'smart and fair' stuff is. and poker has far less variance than poe. the more these guys play, the more RNG will even out for them (provided they didnt lose their skills/presence).

as far as poe, RNG will even out as you play more and even more. long-term things like vaaling empowers will likely be unprofitable (price of lvl 3 empowers been tanking lately from what IVe seen, especially corrupted ones). running maps will always be unprofitable long-term if xp and more map returns are expected.
Last edited by grepman on Apr 24, 2016, 2:20:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info