[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
If you don't like RNG, don't play RNG :)

- Don't craft yourself --> Trade for the stuff you want.
- Don't expect a godly unique to drop --> collect lesser orbs and sell them for ex's, then trade for the item you want.
- Don't expect high map drops or don't spend too much currencies to craft them --> play the maps you have with minimal crafting (alt/augment them or alch them and gogogo).
- Check the forums/reddit/youtube regularly --> Get richer by knowledge instead of waiting for luck/RNGsus.
- Etc...

Yeah i did. And thats only get me from poor to bankcrupt !!!!!!
Lets me see how rng fuck me hard this league :
On the first 2 weeks of this league, i did 76 atziri. 1 hope, 3 ingorance, 1 rage, 1 grief. 63 flasks. 1 mace, 2 boots, 1 pdam belt, 2 fire, 2 lightning and 5 cold. With that amount of money i could pay for gg gear !!!!
Next thing is Uber. i did 10 runs . 1 axe, all other is splendors and masks.
Lvl 100 pushing ? Let me tell u a story about a boy, who couldnt find any red maps drop and lvling up from 90-92 by t7-t8 only.
Next, what is the reward for me clearing 110+/70+ t14-t15 map ? Alt and regal recipes !!!! No maps drop !!!!! oh, i forgot i got only t3- in these. How hilarious!!!! I did clear the core deathless many times and the best drop for me is only t12. I did pay ex for t15 maps, at least 20 chaos each each map for best iiq/iir, and what i got from it ? NOTHING !!!!!!!!!
Talk about rewards for pushing char to extreme conditions: a dude from my country get 2 mirrors drop this league. 2!!!!!! TWO !!!!!! He cant even do laby with his CoC-discharge at 12k es meanwhile i could did merc lab at 72 with a tabula.
HOW FAIR IS THIS !!!!! ???????
/If u talk about dont expect high map drops so what is the point of this game ? spamming the gorge to death ? Thats some kind of stupid !!!!! I dont waste my time doing some kind of non-efforts things like that.
Last edited by T_Speed on May 5, 2016, 5:40:21 PM
"
T_Speed wrote:
"
FNX_Heroes wrote:
If you don't like RNG, don't play RNG :)

- Don't craft yourself --> Trade for the stuff you want.
- Don't expect a godly unique to drop --> collect lesser orbs and sell them for ex's, then trade for the item you want.
- Don't expect high map drops or don't spend too much currencies to craft them --> play the maps you have with minimal crafting (alt/augment them or alch them and gogogo).
- Check the forums/reddit/youtube regularly --> Get richer by knowledge instead of waiting for luck/RNGsus.
- Etc...

Yeah i did. And thats only get me from poor to bankcrupt !!!!!!
Lets me see how rng fuck me hard this league :
On the first 2 weeks of this league, i did 76 atziri. 1 hope, 3 ingorance, 1 rage, 1 grief. 63 flasks. 1 mace, 2 boots, 1 pdam belt, 2 fire, 2 lightning and 5 cold. With that amount of money i could pay for gg gear !!!!
Next thing is Uber. i did 10 runs . 1 axe, all other is splendors and masks.
Lvl 100 pushing ? Let me tell u a story about a boy, who couldnt find any red maps drop and lvling up from 90-92 by t7-t8 only.
Next, what is the reward for me clearing 110+/70+ t14-t15 map ? Alt and regal recipes !!!! No maps drop !!!!! oh, i forgot i got only t3- in these. How hilarious!!!! I did clear the core deathless many times and the best drop for me is only t12. I did pay ex for t15 maps, at least 20 chaos each each map for best iiq/iir, and what i got from it ? NOTHING !!!!!!!!!
Talk about rewards for pushing char to extreme conditions: a dude from my country get 2 mirrors drop this league. 2!!!!!! TWO !!!!!! He cant even do laby with his CoC-discharge at 12k es meanwhile i could did merc lab at 72 with a tabula.
HOW FAIR IS THIS !!!!! ???????
/If u talk about dont expect high map drops so what is the point of this game ? spamming the gorge to death ? Thats some kind of stupid !!!!! I dont waste my time doing some kind of non-efforts things like that.

+1

Started 2 week league to test my RNG and HvC/Walmart RNG - they run high lvl maps non stop, while i sit on low lvl maps and run out of them. Good job "RNG", it so random that there top players ALWAYS in EVERY league got all the time HIGH lvl maps no matter what they do, while i invest more and got nothing, no return.

Go go go fanatics, defend more RNG and how cool it is.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
6ling gear, trading, reflect, and yes, RNG being as shit as it is, made me stop playing after a few months. How you continued to play this for 4 years is beyond me, lol. I do enjoy many aspects of the game, but, preferring to play self found as I do, coupled with the shitty drops, and shitty crafting, game just wasn't fun at the point I stopped playing. Temp leagues were a nice idea, especially given how shitty standard is, but the few I played in, only the one was really any fun to me. Leveling masters again at the start of each league is fucking retarded, btw. Anyways, I was never a fan of grinding, so I guess this game was never going to be for me, as it is essentially doing pretty much the same things over, and over, and over again, but I still wish it were not like that to the extent it is, as I did enjoy much of the core game play. Just another game capitalism ruined for me, I suppose...
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Even with items, I feel it's healthier to look at it from an "items as content" perspective than as the result of player action. The cycle of ARPGs is "kill stuff, get upgrades, repeat," so in a way the upgrades are just another part of that content cycle. Under this view the player action is properly evaluating the item-based content and choosing the best ones to equip/trade/stash/vendor.

Food for thought.

appreciate the compliment earlier, but:

1) I've been saying that pretty much from day one. only this time the phrasing came out right so you actually listened.

2) you're basically making the same mistake GGG made in their design of RNG: projecting one thing into another which simply does not fit.
to me, "items as content" = sqrt(all evil). once you go there, there's no turning back.

items are not content.
items are the means with which you tackle the <good-RNG-randomly-generated> content, and one of the aspects of progress for your role-played character.

Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 27, 2016, 10:21:21 AM
Treeofdead youre soo full of shit dude, you make tons off master services and when i had you do a master service in PSC you were chaining T15s with a friend rofl.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
But items are content. They were content in D2, and D1 before it. Choosing between various items is a key part of the game; it's what the "equip" mechanic is all about. It's why we say a game like D3 with strictly linear stats has bad itemization (its item content is boring), while meaningful choice between items is good itemization (the equip-based content is interesting).

I feel you're pretty sunk into addict mentality here, john. Content should be its own reward, in any game. If your opinion of content is shit, and you're trudging through it just to get some digital carrot which will help you trudge through it even better, then what form of masochism is that?

If you don't like the content of a game, then deep down you don't like the game.

Edit: I'm not saying you don't like the fight-based content of the game. But if you don't like the itemization, if you'd be happier with some alternate version of the game where your equipment was fixed in place and functional and you didn't ever need to pick up anything ever, then you don't like the itemization (item-based content) of the game.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 27, 2016, 11:24:32 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

I feel you're pretty sunk into addict mentality here, john. Content should be its own reward, in any game. If your opinion of content is shit, and you're trudging through it just to get some digital carrot which will help you trudge through it even better, then what form of masochism is that?

it's called RPG/game addition. I've been afflicted with it for over 30 years and loving every second of it :)

seriously though, this is where the "dosage" part of my post comes in.
it's absolutely true gear/loot needs to be random to enjoy it.
just the right amount of random. just the right bias. with just the right touch of non-randomness where the player holds the steering wheel, a.k.a "crafting".

because if you don't have that, PoE RNGesus comes in and says "haha using Fusings, are we?".
a couple times in a row.
until the player rage-quits in frustration.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 27, 2016, 12:55:12 PM
I agree. I'm tired of literally every aspect of this game being gated by RNG. Even changing your colors around on your gear to test a new skill or something can leave your character actually gimped if you run out of chromatic, which is so common.
Dynamic Environment - Day/Night, Rain/Lightning - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/110100

GGG's design philosophy in three words:
Quantity over Quality.
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

+1

Started 2 week league to test my RNG and HvC/Walmart RNG - they run high lvl maps non stop, while i sit on low lvl maps and run out of them. Good job "RNG", it so random that there top players ALWAYS in EVERY league got all the time HIGH lvl maps no matter what they do, while i invest more and got nothing, no return.

Go go go fanatics, defend more RNG and how cool it is.

Lol @ how you actually think you invest more then the players you mentioned. Joker.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

it's called RPG/game addition. I've been afflicted with it for over 30 years and loving every second of it :)
If a product is designed exclusively for consumption by addicts, it's not a very good product. I'm not judging you, really, I'm just saying that the experience of playing itself should feel rewarding to the player.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info