[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

"
vio wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
AXN wasted 1800 eternals on his last wand craft(and he failed) and afterwardds he decided to quit the game. Randomness is so cruel that makes the richest player of poe to quit when you are not careful.
that's exactly what's wrong in the game. i can't really stop my tears of pity for the poor poor crafter but one guy being able to blast thousands of eternals on a item also means thousands of other players not being able to just use one eternal on a item (or even just see one drop).

the rng based crafting concept is a direct response to the system inherent flow of endgame currency to the top crafters. stopping this flow and evening out distribution of endgame currency would surely allow for more determined crafting options.
You want the flow to stop... I think the flow is intended by GGG and isn't going to stop.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
BloodyShy wrote:
Well, Thanks to Madfellan for teaching me how to use the tricks to beat the RNG ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Yeah dude, no superstitions, just pure maths. Now i need to remember the trick and link my Lioneye because i`ve spent a fortune and no luck hahaha.
Enjoy your 6L :)
in random numbers generation which is (more or less) without patterns or base-rules, Math will help you analyze a set of results but it will not help you accurately predict the next one.
especially when you don't even know all the variables (like Range, for example).

The Weather is a good example where you can, because there are rules, patterns and assumptions which are good enough (if yesterday was 30 degrees above zero, today will not be 30 below because we are not on Mars).

PoE RNG is an example where you can't because despite being Pseudo-Random like most software RNGs in gaming, it does a great job in the "shit happens" department, and GGG do a great job in hiding pretty much all information of how it actually works.
so you can happily pray to Kuduku for salvation, or go trade and avoid it completely like Chris wants you to - instead of being a moron like me.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
I agree, the reason why I left.

The second is that it becames pay 2 win.

I have the default stash, so I can't stock a lot, so I can't have many characters, so I can't trade.

And because I like to play Melee but it is more expensive and less effective than Range.

One day maybe it will be balanced.
"
Leonhearth wrote:
I agree, the reason why I left.

The second is that it becames pay 2 win.

I have the default stash, so I can't stock a lot, so I can't have many characters, so I can't trade.

And because I like to play Melee but it is more expensive and less effective than Range.

One day maybe it will be balanced.

True, so much true. Caster/Ranger = easy game and no items or cheap one, while melee = hardest way to play and most expensive items you could imagine + still sucks.

RNG should be controllable and there should be MUCH MORE recipe (good one, not like Vaal orb recipe), so we less win and less loose. Big win/big loose not fun, and make all orbs more like trade materials (gold) then actually use.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
^ Has level 8 masters, apparently doesnt understand how to use them still.

"Rng should be more controllable" masters do exactly that, yet here you are still complaining. If anything the argument should be balancing masters around solo play and not group play but that has yet to be mentioned by you.

Face it, you just want to make currency sitting around doing practically nothing like youre already doing.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

"Rng should be more controllable" masters do exactly that, yet here you are still complaining. If anything the argument should be balancing masters around solo play and not group play but that has yet to be mentioned by you.

Face it, you just want to make currency sitting around doing practically nothing like youre already doing.

don't know if OP mentioned Masters, but I did.
they are balanced around trade, not even group play... I'd be happy if they were balanced around *anything* "play" tbh.
how many Zana mods can you apply to maps as self-found? how many times can you use a meta-mod?

but you know, the real change will come when we change terminology: when we stop "making currency" and start "farming for crafting materials". then use them as crafting materials, not neccesarily as dollar bills (although that would still be an option because Trade should stay as a feature) and certainly not as Dice.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 2, 2016, 12:27:41 AM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 6:59:56 PM
The game just shits hard on hard work, you just lose and lose on it unless you are lucky. One thing i wanted changed is the chromatic system. Even with vorici you have to play "rng" and get fucked. Even 6l or 6 socket an item isn't so unfair as it is to color it, it is just insane. Ain't going to create a thread about it, because i think feedback isn't taken seriously here, really think, still read to laugh, though.
Sometimes...
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Caught with the hand in the cookie jar :)
Last edited by FeistyPeisty on May 2, 2016, 7:57:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info