[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

"
Vhlad wrote:

Similarly, the difference between winning big and losing big is too vast. It effects customer retention. Asking for reduced RNG does not mean I'm asking to 6L in 100 fuses. It can still take 1200 fuses on average. Reduced RNG in this scenario could mean that instead of investing 9000 fuses and failing to get anything, it would force a 6L after 2400 fuses. i.e. the number of standard deviations from the mean would be limited. 2400 is still a big loss, but it's not catastrophic. It's not going to make someone quit. That's a good thing, isn't it? That's why Blizzard does similar limits.

It is 1500 fuses and actually, to have it guaranteed if you bet double the amount is not such a bad idea. But it may work on fuses and jewels, i am not sure how this can work on mods or even using chromes.
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
So basically, the entire advantage of trading is dependent on the trader not being the best at everything. If they are already best-in-server at something, trade cannot help them with that something, and the closer they are to best the less likely someone better will have an extra better available for purchase.

You can benefit from trade even if you are the best at everything. You can do it purely for wealth generation, that you use to craft another mirror base, that you use to sell purely for wealth generation.
Can you? Can anyone? Is anyone doing this? Brood Twine still #1 AFAIK. Any upsets I'm not aware of?

Mirrors don't really make trading profitable, anyway (except for the guy getting the Mirrored item). They make crafting profitable for the guy dumping huge loads of currency into crafting a new item. If it weren't for Mirrors I'm not confident anyone would craft outside of SSFers and lottery hopefuls.

Thing is, Mirrors are broken currently. Even at the top you can't really hope to make a new Mirror-worthy. I hope GGG fixes that. Maybe by having Mirror Corrupt the original? But we're getting kinda off topic.

Point is, how do you generate wealth, skill-lessly, just by having a lot of wealth, in PoE?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 29, 2016, 4:10:16 PM
They should make the mirror worthy items, mirrored after using a mirror - problem solved.
So no one will craft amazing items again. So what ? No one does it anyway, the only people who keep profiting are those who already own mirror worthy items.

You craft/find an amazing item ? That`s great and you can have 2 if you mirror it but that`s it. We will all envy you. :)
Well, if both are Mirrored from the Mirror then they both need to have exactly the same colors. That'd be kinda lame; that's why I said Corrupt instead.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, if both are Mirrored from the Mirror then they both need to have exactly the same colors. That'd be kinda lame; that's why I said Corrupt instead.

I don`t think anyone will be mad if they will allow the change of colors on the original item. Or even changing the mods. Just make it so that it can never be mirrored again.
Well, Thanks to Madfellan for teaching me how to use the tricks to beat the RNG ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )
Last edited by BloodyShy on Apr 29, 2016, 6:10:14 PM
one doesnt need to be genius to understand that with flipping items/trading you can make more profit in 1 month than one player does in 1 year by trying to craft items, doing maps. item crafting gives no profit at all. playing the game rarely benefits as fast/good as trading. when you start crafting, you know that you gonna burn 100ex+ currency to craft an end game item which you can sell around 80ex max(non end game item crafting... is totally waste of currency), we do that only if we are sure the item doesnt exist in market. if you fuck up one roll, gg, all your crafting attempt will be just into the garbage. most of the time(99.9%) crafting is just waste of currency with no good return.

all fail attempts which goes through RNG should give some 'failure' points, so after so many fail attempts players should be rewarded with success. for example AXN wasted 1800 eternals on his last wand craft(and he failed) and afterwardds he decided to quit the game. Randomness is so cruel that makes the richest player of poe to quit when you are not careful. is it sane? Life is not totally random cause we have emotions, we create some emotional reactions to change our fate, in games where we cant change things with our emotions we need 'failure points' imho. this randomness makes me trade only than crafting, or playing the game. and yeah i have like x2 fully mirror geared build in the end. trust me, some guy with 20ex gear did more mapping than me. im a trader and pvp player. this just indicates how bad the poe design is. im multiple times richer than the guy who played more than me.

this, failure points mechanic, thats what blizzard does, and dont worry game will be still cruel, hard, merciless but as stated before too much randomness wont cause players to quit the game. also im seeing that people who doesnt have lvl 93+ chars and no end game viable builds talk about crafting, economy and stuff as if they know everything. thats very wrong.

kind regards,

-some standard league junkie
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 29, 2016, 7:39:25 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
one doesnt need to be genius to understand that with flipping items/trading you can make more profit in 1 month than one player does in 1 year by trying to craft items, doing maps. item crafting gives no profit at all. playing the game rarely benefits as fast/good as trading.
Why say "flipping/trading?" You mean flipping.

Trading with zero flipping operates exactly as I described earlier. When you add the flipping element, it's a zero-sum addition. If one player has a flipping profit, another player has a corresponding flipping loss. So really, if you take every single trader and average things out, the average flipping profit is zero.

Now, of course, you can still get silly rich off stupid players, if you're even halfway clever. But it's silly to pretend like this advantage extends to all traders.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 29, 2016, 7:51:27 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
AXN wasted 1800 eternals on his last wand craft(and he failed) and afterwardds he decided to quit the game. Randomness is so cruel that makes the richest player of poe to quit when you are not careful.

that's exactly what's wrong in the game. i can't really stop my tears of pity for the poor poor crafter but one guy being able to blast thousands of eternals on a item also means thousands of other players not being able to just use one eternal on a item (or even just see one drop).

the rng based crafting concept is a direct response to the system inherent flow of endgame currency to the top crafters. stopping this flow and evening out distribution of endgame currency would surely allow for more determined crafting options.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Apr 30, 2016, 7:38:00 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
AXN wasted 1800 eternals on his last wand craft(and he failed) and afterwardds he decided to quit the game. Randomness is so cruel that makes the richest player of poe to quit when you are not careful.

that's exactly what's wrong in the game. i can't really stop my tears of pity for the poor poor crafter but one guy being able to blast thousands of eternals on a item also means thousands of other players not being able to just use one eternal on a item (or even just see one drop).

the rng based crafting concept is a direct response to the system inherent flow of endgame currency to the top crafters. stopping this flow and evening out distribution of endgame currency would surely allow for more determined crafting options.

And how do you suggest GGG is gonna control the market so much that they will keep everyone who is gathering currency in check? I mean, 'evening out distribution of endgame currency'. What does that even mean. You want to take from the rich and give to the poor?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info