[Feedback] RNG should leave (29.04.2016 UPDATE)

There is a reason why millions of people play lotteries and why places such as Las Vegas flourish. Because people like to try their damn luck. At least, we're living only fucking once, why not?

Some people on these forums should care for their health and mental stability much more than they do right now instead of posting random crap. PoE is a gambling game. People gambled since ummm forever maybe? If you dislike it or are to weak to accept losing, -g-t-f-o-> here is a better game for you.
Bullshit makes the flowers grow
Last edited by Manator on Apr 28, 2016, 6:00:48 PM
"
madfellan wrote:
Linked it with like 220 fuses :

You are so good man. I'm still a newbie, so i just linked a random infernal mantle for a friend in standard (i waste stuff there since i never play standard), and it took about the same amount to strike a 5 link. I have to learn to play.

(With RNG you can score that with 1 fuse, but it can happen to take 10.000 of them if you are very unlucky :/)
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:
"
madfellan wrote:
Linked it with like 220 fuses :

You are so good man. I'm still a newbie, so i just linked a random infernal mantle for a friend in standard (i waste stuff there since i never play standard), and it took about the same amount to strike a 5 link. I have to learn to play.

(With RNG you can score that with 1 fuse, but it can happen to take 10.000 of them if you are very unlucky :/)

It has nothing to do with how good you are ( i won`t probably make a 6L with 10k fuses if that will be the case :) ). It was just luck...and probably the fact that lately i don`t give a damn because i hate this league.
A month ago, after i wasted like 1.5K fuses trying to 6L an item, i had to buy 2ex worth of fuses to have at least a 5L. And i`ve 5linked it within last 20 fuses. So i am not always lucky, it just happened lately.
Last edited by madfellan on Apr 28, 2016, 6:12:31 PM
RNG was my main problem with this game from the start, I always thought how it is to wide and crazy.

I am doing (and feeling) much better from when I started buying stuff that I need (6 links, 21 gems, good weapons...).

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:
RNG was my main problem with this game from the start, I always thought how it is to wide and crazy.

I am doing (and feeling) much better from when I started buying stuff that I need (6 links, 21 gems, good weapons...).

Most people don`t understand that the main reason for why buying items is profitable is because some people are lucky while crafting.

For example i listed this Voltaxic for 13ex. If there was no RNG and i had to pay 1500 fuses to 6L it, then 13 ex won`t even cover the cost for 6L.
Someone else here bought a decent 6L Marohi for 5ex. That will never be possible without RNG - the minimum cost for any 6L will be somewhere around 14 - 15ex.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
RNG aka the excuse players use to convince themselves they are just forever unlucky instead of looking at the actual problem, wich is 99% of the time the same reasons. The effort is probably lacking, you are new to the game or simply don't understand what you are doing. Instead of blaming RNG and thinking you are always unlucky try sometimes to look at how you play, and then compare it to someone whoes always 'lucky'.

Nobody is consistently unlucky.

There are certainly the cases where people are doing things wrong, but they are certainly not 99% of the cases. For example, when I hear that someone 6linked 4 items with 500 fuses total, and then tells me that 6linking got too easy, I got to tell that person that he is just lucky. Which is what I did. He found it hard to believe. I also linked him my 136% IIQ 28% pack size T12 and linked the maps that dropped afterwards (T5, T1), which he could hardly believe.

6linking for example, there is not much you can do "right" or "wrong" besides either going for the wrong items to link (rare) or not putting on the 20% quality first. Maps, even if you roll them "right" you can have very long unlucky streaks (500 and more maps), and it is not even that improbable to have long bad streaks.

I'm not saying luck doesn't exist in this game. Ofcourse it does. But it's used much to easy as an excuse while other things are the problem. I find 10+ exalts every league, and i 6link atleast 50 items every single league. It's not luck if you do it consistently every league. If you use enough fusing and you play enough hours in maps these things will happen to everyone.

"
Miská wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:
RNG aka the excuse players use to convince themselves they are just forever unlucky instead of looking at the actual problem, wich is 99% of the time the same reasons. The effort is probably lacking, you are new to the game or simply don't understand what you are doing. Instead of blaming RNG and thinking you are always unlucky try sometimes to look at how you play, and then compare it to someone whoes always 'lucky'.

Nobody is consistently unlucky.

There are certainly the cases where people are doing things wrong, but they are certainly not 99% of the cases. For example, when I hear that someone 6linked 4 items with 500 fuses total, and then tells me that 6linking got too easy, I got to tell that person that he is just lucky. Which is what I did. He found it hard to believe. I also linked him my 136% IIQ 28% pack size T12 and linked the maps that dropped afterwards (T5, T1), which he could hardly believe.

6linking for example, there is not much you can do "right" or "wrong" besides either going for the wrong items to link (rare) or not putting on the 20% quality first. Maps, even if you roll them "right" you can have very long unlucky streaks (500 and more maps), and it is not even that improbable to have long bad streaks.

I'm not saying luck doesn't exist in this game. Ofcourse it does. But it's used much to easy as an excuse while other things are the problem. I find 10+ exalts every league, and i 6link atleast 50 items every single league. It's not luck if you do it consistently every league. If you use enough fusing and you play enough hours in maps these things will happen to everyone.

pls, halp. :<

Again, something people do not realize - people who get constant currency flow in PoE are not people who get lucky T1 drops, but those who sell shitton of 1c-100c items, convert their Alts->Jew->Fusings, and do their Chaos recipe.
And that is VERY easy to get, each league. I've made probably around 10-15Ex with selling those items, alone. Not adding pure drops, and Chaos recipe (which is a big factor in making dem monies).

But RNG be RNG - I've found 7 pure Exalts this league. I'm so lucky, right?! Spent 2,5k Fusings to link that axe of mine. -25Ex. Not so lucky anymore. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Apr 29, 2016, 4:06:08 AM
"
Perq wrote:

Again, something people do not realize - people who get constant currency flow in PoE are not people who get lucky T1 drops, but those who sell shitton of 1c-100c items, convert their Alts->Jew->Fusings, and do their Chaos recipe.
And that is VERY easy to get, each league. I've made probably around 10-15Ex with selling those items, alone. Not adding pure drops, and Chaos recipe (which is a big factor in making dem monies).

But RNG be RNG - I've found 7 pure Exalts this league. I'm so lucky, right?! Spent 2,5k Fusings to link that axe of mine. -25Ex. Not so lucky anymore. :P

And i 6L`ed a Carcass Jack with like 200 fuses, after i 6socketed it with 200 jews. But on the other hand, i have not found 7 exalts this league. :)

Lately i am so lucky with the 6links that i consider to start 6linking belts or rings. :)
"
Manator wrote:
PoE is a gambling game

no it is not.
it's an ARPG, and the gambling part? well there's a thing called Trade which allows skipping that entirely.

note many ARPGs do Gambling as well. Torchlight for example has a certain shady vendor, where you pay an exaggerated amount for an unidentified item - and it can turn out utter crap, BiS epic, or anything in between.
but PoE is pretty much the only game that does it, to replace another key system which really should exist: Crafting.

why can't both exist to make you, me, and OP happy? ask Chris.
ask him, and he will probably say "Masters".
yep Masters are definitely a step in the right direction... if they weren't balanced with Economy in mind and the things they require actually fkn dropped (god forbid, as some risk/reward function. *runs away before Burn Teh Heretic*)...
that's another discussion topic though: Layered RNG.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Apr 29, 2016, 5:09:25 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:

but PoE is pretty much the only game that does it, to replace another key system which really should exist: Crafting.
why can't both exist to make you, me, and OP happy? ask Chris.

how do you want you balance a game for people playing 2 hours a day and players playing 20 hours/day with a determined outcome for the time invested (aka crafting)?

"balance" meaning, that both players have the same starting conditions and play a temp league for 12 to 16 weeks while being rewarded all the time and have small rewards all the time and both have beaten the game content at the end.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info