Comments Disappearing from Reddit - GGG Has Nothing to do with Governance of /r/pathofexile

Not only the moderation on reddit is zealous but also the fanboyish atmosphere that is there

somebody answered me "you know that div cards are all made by supporters, right?"

and i could even reply " you know that GGG are the one that decide to make a card or no, right?" without getting downvoted to oblivion

they dont only hide what is negative to GGG but they also destroy anything that is not brownNosing GGG's work

You cant have discussion on Reddit because as soon as your opinion isnt the same as the majority, you will fall in the negative Ghosting
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 25, 2016, 7:56:19 PM
Ah, good old reddit - you either get downvoted to invisibility or moderated into nothingness <3
As a reddit fan who rarely browses these forums I fully expect to be torn apart for this post but I'll post it anyway...

"
Temjiu wrote:

thinking that Reddit is open and uncontrolled and 'balanced' is like thinking that a salesman really has your best interests in mind. Even if he does care about your interest, he cares more about getting his compensation check.

I think you're mistaken. Let me fix that statement for you:

thinking that The Official Path of Exile Forums run by Grinding Gear Games is open and uncontrolled and 'balanced' is like thinking that a salesman really has your best interests in mind. Even if he does care about your interest, he cares more about getting his compensation check.

There you go. I think you had the /r/pathofexile subreddit- a forum run by volunteers with no monetary goals whatsoever- confused with the Official Path of Exile Forums, which is the complete polar opposite in that regard.

I can see why people don't like reddit. On reddit you have to make a worthy contribution to the discussion in order to gain recognition (comment upvotes), and you need to make a worthy contribution to the subreddit in order to get on the front page (submission upvotes). In that regard, quality content is rewarded and garbage posts are punished. But on a forum like this any old conspiracy theory nonsense can make the top of the 1st page of the forum as long as people keep posting in that discussion, just like I am now. (And now I'm contributing to the problem simply by posting this reply. Shame on me.) On a forum like this, however, everyone can stand on their soapbox and be heard, no matter how low-quality their contribution to the discussion is.

Tbh I'm surprised how many people come to these forums for what they consider "meaningful discussion" when every single patch notes post from GGG (which are always linked from reddit as soon as they're posted) is followed by 15 pages of quality 1-word comments like "First!" or "wow" or "thanks" or "great" or "cool" or "awesome"... but I'm sure the "meaningful discussion" is in there somewhere, right?
Last edited by Heywoody on Apr 25, 2016, 9:13:23 PM
What the hell is this shitpost?
Firstly, don't QQ about reddit on the forums. That's like complaining about facebook on twitter. why????????????

Believe it or not, /r/pathofexile is not directly controlled by GGG. What are they supposed to do? They can't moderate reddit?

And I'm amazed such a conspiracy thread got this much attention. Surprisingly, shitposts on the forums seem to receive far more attention than on reddit
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓
I either QQ here or not at all. I'm still banned from the reddit (I could easily circumvent but fuck it). Reasoning? I said poe.trade (back then, poe.xyz.is) was horrible and should be destroyed. Over two years ago.

(I no longer believe poe.trade is bad for the game.)
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 25, 2016, 9:27:29 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I either QQ here or not at all. I'm still banned from the reddit (I could easily circumvent but fuck it). Reasoning? I said poe.trade (back then, poe.xyz.is) was horrible and should be destroyed. Over two years ago.

technically it is very bad for the game

POE.trade is the reason why they have waited so long to improve the trading experience and POE.trade is the reason why such system will never be implemented in the game. I allows GGG to be lazy since the system already exists and people are using it
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

technically it is very bad for the game

POE.trade is the reason why they have waited so long to improve the trading experience and POE.trade is the reason why such system will never be implemented in the game. I allows GGG to be lazy since the system already exists and people are using it
You say lazy, I say efficient. As long as someone creates it and it's worth creating, it doesn't matter whether GGG does it themselves or somehow gets someone else to do it for them.

I was more concerned about efficiency and laziness on the part of players. When I criticized poe.trade, I saw it as the death of the need to evaluate items oneself. I reckoned a pricing cheat-sheet takes all the skill out of trading, and thus provides a means to take skill out of item acquisition itself.

And, really, this is still mostly true.

However, what's important here is the nature of the Easy Button. poe.trade is players helping players. It's a community of people getting together to make a cheat-sheet for everyone who doesn't have item valuation skills (or doesn't feel like using them) to copy-paste their answers off of. It makes the game easier and everything, but it's really functioning in much the same manner as a build guide - don't think for yourself, don't be creative, just allocate your skills like me and get items like the ones I have. The main difference between something like poe.trade and the rest of the massive amount of "cheat sheet" content available (here and elsewhere throughout the internet) is that the price guide has a much more decentralized, cloud-based authorship, whereas build guides are not normally done that way (but could be, especially with tools like passive tree heatmapping).

So eventually it occurred to me that it isn't on GGG to shut down these tools, as they represent players working collectively to beat the knowledge-based challenges of the game together. Instead, it is GGG's responsibility to make challenges so daunting, puzzles so intricate, that even with our cloud-based might we still butt our heads up against it.

It's certainly possible for them to do so. Consider the recent Unleashed recipe hunt.

What we need is not poe.trade dismantled, but instead item valuation challenges difficult enough to fool the Great Herd. Stuff like Mirrorgate may have made for a lot of salty players but actually that's EXACTLY the type of thing I'm talking about -- a whole community of poe.trade copypasta non-thinkers waking up one day to find out they've been utterly hoodwinked by a small group of people with superior valuation skills, capitalizing on shit the herd didn't know.

Better yet: the herd NOT waking up one day.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 26, 2016, 10:23:32 AM
Sorry

Spoiler
Second-class poe gamer
Getting upvotes is easy.

1- Overuse the word "literally" for no reason. People will see you as a smart person and upvote you
2- Don't express an opinion that isn't popular (if x is hated by the community, just blindly hate on x)
3- Make sure to make a reference to Ghudda when someone makes a broken build, or say "fucking ghudda" whenever Ghudda himself makes a new video
4- No matter how shitty and/or obnoxious a streamer is, make sure to worship him and defend him whenever you can
5- End your posts with "I know this will get downvoted, but..."
"
Jaille wrote:
Getting upvotes is easy.

1- Overuse the word "literally" for no reason. People will see you as a smart person and upvote you
2- Don't express an opinion that isn't popular (if x is hated by the community, just blindly hate on x)
3- Make sure to make a reference to Ghudda when someone makes a broken build, or say "fucking ghudda" whenever Ghudda himself makes a new video
4- No matter how shitty and/or obnoxious a streamer is, make sure to worship him and defend him whenever you can
5- End your posts with "I know this will get downvoted, but..."
The reddit is pretty much the human centipede, but an oroboros version of the human centipede.

Its one giant circle jerk of people eating each others shit.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info