Skill Reveal - Spirit Offering

Well, damnit, I was literally just this morning thinking "Bone, Flesh.... There should be a spirit offering!"
That seriously cheered by up just now. :D
Definitely looking forward to it.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Thanks for one more useless item/gem for actual summoners (classic summoners in particular)

Something tells me that people at GGG who design all these items/gems for summoners have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing and dont want to listen to all good sugestions people post. Well, what can we do .....
IGN: Summonium
"
Eranicus wrote:
Thanks for one more useless item/gem for actual summoners (classic summoners in particular)

Something tells me that people at GGG who design all these items/gems for summoners have absolutely NO IDEA what they are doing and dont want to listen to all good sugestions people post. Well, what can we do .....

You can stop whining, for one thing. -_-
"
patskie14 wrote:
While we're at it, Let's add a 4th offering skill
Blood offering: MORE/Increased (which ever is less OP) physical damage, and life gained on hit + minor life regeneration

And Add an offering based unique armor/es helm
that gives the following bonuses

+3 levels to socketed offering skills
Socketed offering gems last 25% longer (stack with increased duration gem)
+30% Area of effect to offering skills
You can have two active offerings at once

This sounds like a nice idea, but...it ought to have some sort of downside as well - either a unique one (like on Soul Mantle) or just by being on a low base type (like on Cloak of Flames).
Ohh wtf HYPE. that looks so nice... Im so happy now
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Summoners get some love from GGG
Finally, not an offering more useful to SRS which is not summoning, its friggin spell casting crap. Yes SRS is a joke class and build as a summoner. Its like calling yourself black because you rap and even go to the extreme of painting yourself with negro brown paint.
Thanks for this, much more useful as summons need survivability too w/o wasting gem slots for it.
Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
"
Ghazzy wrote:
So spirit offering is released as a middleground use for summoners. The arguements made is that they can be used to save minions.

Just to make things clear:
Minions do NOT die, until they die. To clearify that statement this is how it goes:

Minions don't die until they take such insane ammount of damage of gets shotgun dropped so hard it would be impossible to even convocate them out of harms way. So Spirit Offering will be completely useless as a defensive mean for your minions.

The damage increase can be rather nice to builds such as SRS, DB, AW builds. But then again thanks to Mistress of Sacrifice this offering will be in more or less any CWDT NON summoner builds.

So as xHavoCx wrote earlier this will result in Necromancer classes getting increased popularity but it will not be for summoner builds. It will then be nerfed to work as an "Offering" instead of a "spell" just like havoc wrote, it is so simple to figure this out.

The worst part is that people see this as summoners getting attention when in fact the stuffs being released are better suited for almost all other builds but summoners.

As a MF summoner of years i can argue that this statement is entirely false. Zombies (especially health buffed ones) do die to attrition to spell damage. Im not saying an aoe spell wont decimate health (even so defence would help, mine never get "one shotted") but more defence is always acceptable when it comes to summons. Also, think of specters being more tanky? Yes please. Not only this but it will help for leveling them immensely. I really like this gem as i use chaos damage on my zombies and it works really well.

I know you have more summoner exp then me and my experiences are coming from a farm point of view not an beat all end game content point of view. I still think this gem holds value if the stat increases are high enough. Also im a little biased as im a ES build and my zombies use chaos damage too haha.

Definitions:
Path of Exile; A world where you are free from pay to win. Unlimited builds, vast enemy mods and a strong end game. Unrivaled community in real life and rewarding developers.
Path of exile is one of the best ARPGS created/ Died 25 times to 1 boss in Path of Exile and would rip again.
Last edited by TwelveYears on Apr 22, 2016, 8:32:00 PM
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
patskie14 wrote:
While we're at it, Let's add a 4th offering skill
Blood offering: MORE/Increased (which ever is less OP) physical damage, and life gained on hit + minor life regeneration

And Add an offering based unique armor/es helm
that gives the following bonuses

+3 levels to socketed offering skills
Socketed offering gems last 25% longer (stack with increased duration gem)
+30% Area of effect to offering skills
You can have two active offerings at once

This sounds like a nice idea, but...it ought to have some sort of downside as well - either a unique one (like on Soul Mantle) or just by being on a low base type (like on Cloak of Flames).

The downside is that it is a helm slot, It means that yo cannot use your Alpha's howl or Heretic's veil or other GG uniques/GG rares with GG stats
So, CWDT + spirit offering for necromancers sounds like a pretty strong combo.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info