[Hunt] Star of Wraeclast

anyone try unset rings? like the ones with one open gem slot? maybe 7 of em like in the regular amulet recipe that would use 7 iron rings?
"
anyone try unset rings? like the ones with one open gem slot? maybe 7 of em like in the regular amulet recipe that would use 7 iron rings?

Maybe 7 gold rings, one unset ring (red?), silence immune crimson jewel and jewellers/fusing orbs to put it together. Throw in cold to fire, any movement skills and town portal to the mix.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"
Mythabril wrote:
"

Maybe 7 gold rings, one unset ring (red?), silence immune crimson jewel and jewellers/fusing orbs to put it together. Throw in cold to fire, any movement skills and town portal to the mix.

Good thinking, but doesn't cost nearly enough. Perhaps if the rings were uniques... or the recipe only worked between 12:00 and 12:12 or something. Remember this is GGG designing this.

I'm hunting for the star myself.
I think it's worth to consider divination cards. In specific:
> Lantador's Lost Love, text:

"They fought the storm as one
Until the longest of days was done
Their love grew stronger
With every breath,
Until it was broken apart by death"

Maybe it fits the theme, but the all round "story" is different than Daressos and Merveils. Now I think it casts an interestig shadow on Daresso's line "A bond that not even death will break".
Now, the bond they forged, how strong was it really? Daresso fled, or ventured out to find a cure. Merveil gave herself to nightmare. The bond could have broken at that point, but I'd lean towards that it was not. She started living on the coast, crying into the night, waiting for his return.
Sailors skin, in the Caverns: "When Daresso returns I will cast his cure away. I will
teach him what true love is." He never returned. Details unknown, he perished, but till now dreams the dream of desire in the drand arena, deep in the Beasts mountain.

>The Siren
Why? Because "Merveil, [The Siren]"
Also does anyone know if she has another name? As in second name?
Speaking of names, its not far off to assume that Merveil may have seen herself as Kalisa Maas' reincarnation. Sort of. See "Damp Diary"

>The Lover, text:

"I wanted to give you three things. I've given you
my eternal love. I've sung to you my
most beautiful song. I'd have given you
the moon last, but it couldn't be found. I hope
you'll accept this instead."

In this card an offer is made, like Daresso's proposal. Where the "Lover" has failed, Daresso has succeeded. Daresso found "the moon", here the Star, and presented it to Merveil.

I'll be trying to cook too and throw stuff at vendors, I'll update if I find something.
(What can you even find, idiot. If you would find something you'd win this whole thing...)

PS: It may be right to ignore the Star's art when looking for the recipe, since it was chosen in a voted competition by the Garena community and outside of GGG's control.
Also, Victarios Wrtings on Kalisa Maas:
"
"Yet, in Kalisa Maas I've seen how these gems may rend apart our mortal bonds and permit our imaginations and souls to truly shine."

Last edited by Khyroku on Apr 24, 2016, 3:55:44 PM
"
Khyroku wrote:
The Lover

This is something I'll be adding. Other things mentioned in this thread are worth trying too. I'm trying to get the gems to level 20 first.
According to the link below, (as previously mentioned in this post)
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4fs28b/garena_tw_the_star_of_wraeclast_tips/

The Taiwanese realm recipe is following:
Spoiler
1x Ruby Ring (any rarity)
1x Unique Gold Amulet (The Ignomon, Winterheart)
1x Crimson Jewel (any rarity) with Vaaled Avoid Silence

It was found through this hint:
Spoiler

Roughly tranlated
Pure ring, blood red coast (The ruby Ring)
Cursed love are the flames you no longer fear (potential Blasphemy? purity of elements?)
Legendary oath, a necklace to seal your love (Unique Necklace)
Gentle gold is the ties you no longer need wait for (... is gold)
Fallen stars, crimson thoughts (Crimson Jewel)
The silent gem is the past you (... with Silence)

Even though they are saying ours is different to theirs its still something to go by.

My Thoughts on the info
Spoiler
The line without a part in the recipe is "Cursed love are the flames you no longer fear", unfortunately this line is also up for debate in translation, it could be "Cursed love makes you no longer afraid of the flames".

Anyway if we are to assume this recipe is following a similar design to other vendor uniques its likely that if a Skill Gem is included it needs at least 1% quality and some sort of currency like an orb of fusing (see Hyrri's Bite, Goddess trio).
Additionally the uniques properties are mostly covered by its components, given the Taiwanese recipe the properties missing are %increased cold damage, %Elemental resistance, Curse radius, Illusory Warp skill

My suggestions
Spoiler
So given the above info my suggestion is to try the Taiwanese recipe plus:
For the Cold Damage - added cold damage, hatred and frostbite (all min 1% quality)
For the Element Resistance - purity of elements (corrupted and not, min 1% quality)
For the Curse (both radius and clue) - Blasphemy
For the Skill - Lightning Warp, arctic armour (both min 1% quality) and Aquamarine Flask for good measure.

+ each of the currencies including vaal orb & gem cutters prism

Note, with all these vendor recipes keep in mind vendor recipe priorities, we dont know the order in which is chooses to try to avoid any other potential recipes to be safe.
Last edited by James14294 on Apr 24, 2016, 2:44:12 AM
As the days set in and the players scramble to find the recipe, reality sets in. Reality hits as you realize you will never be the first to find a in game recipe.

You go to work, check your phone, hope to see a hint or change of pace, you offer the vendor mutiple items...nothing. And as you realize that almost every item in your chest will not solve the puzzle, despair sets in. What could the recipe be? You wonder, as days turns to weeks, weeks turns to months, months turns to years. All for the sake of having a cold theme witch.

Nothing is satisfying anymore, as you chug down a Miller High Life. Your supervisor at work is worried for your health as bags develop over your eyes, your hair in a mess and your already fraile body dragging against gravity as you slowly slip from reality.... from sanity.

The combination and items could be anything, any number, any quantity, any quality. The possibilities are endless, all for a item you will never use... each day brings no news, no leads on this amulet. You stop seeing your daughter, she worries for you. "Mommy are you ok?" your four year old asks. You stare off into the screen, throwing in random vendor items to the NPCs in hope that something will give, something. The obsession is more than you could have ever wanted. You must find this recipe. As the other realm taunts you in your nightmares, you have the correct items for that version...but what could your version be?

4 exalts 7 fusings with a ruby amulet and a corrupt level 24 gem? No...no that is madness, there is no such thing! You assure yourself with wide eyes talking into the computer screen. By now your daughter has started crying, due to neglect and your insanity.

But you simply must KNOW what it is. What hidden vendor items will unlock the secrets. You now understand why Merveil went beserk...by the time she figured out the vendor items, she was far too gone. It was too late for her, and you can slowly feel yourself slip away as she did, soon to be a mindless nightmare longing for affection.
Hmm im starting to wonder just how much different ours is compared to theirs.

I think these at the very least are the same and core to it.

>Unique Gold Amulet (We could try rare though of any rarity, that could be the switch up)

>Jewel with Silence Corruption (Nothing else in the game has silence soo this is obviously core)

Based on some of the lore, according to item descriptions i found that the Infernal Tact also has to do with the Virtue Gem. According to the description of that item...

"A Virtue Gem is a raging thunderstorm imprisioned within a single raindrop.
Infernal Talc simply lets the storm out."

– Malachai the Soulless

Based on that flavor text i think its safe to say that its some sort of lightning skill. Im going to say its more than likely a level 20 Vaal Lightning Warp or a level 20 Lightning Warp. (This also fits with the level 20 illusionary warp, though it could be two items at level 10, possibly level 10 lightning warp with level 10 arctic breath or either in combination that equals 20)>

Now if we take a look at Daresso uniques flavour text i think we can count out any Daresso item, they simply dont make sense or line up.

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
Last edited by Tin_Foil_Hat on Apr 25, 2016, 4:32:49 AM
Not sure if this is allowed but has anyone tried to find it through "data extraction"? like with PyPoE or similar programs?
"
James14294 wrote:
Not sure if this is allowed but has anyone tried to find it through "data extraction"? like with PyPoE or similar programs?
Recipes dont show up in datamining im sure, or else it wouldnt take us as long as it has to find recipes and the we would have found currently missing ones pretty much instantly.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info