RIP totems = RIP PoE

"
StDrakeX wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Note: LMTR14... If you want help all you need do is ask. No need to flame post.

Nah that's what you do also just with more words

Well... Since I was exiled to Wraeclast in PoE CB time (November of 2012) I certainly (2779 posts and counting) have my own amount of rage/flame posts about desync, the change from added stash tabs to coverted remove-only tabs (I still and forever hate this), one shot bosses (flicker strike spider lair queen at end of Jungle Valley map for example), trading, etc. so I do know a thing or two about forum raging. But Ascendancy and specifically Cadiro Perandus is just so good that today anyone (even neophytes) should be able to create a half-way decent endgame map viable build.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
But Ascendancy and specifically Cadiro Perandus is just so good that today anyone (even neophytes) should be able to create a half-way decent endgame map viable build.

Don't underestimate their power!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
But Ascendancy and specifically Cadiro Perandus is just so good that today anyone (even neophytes) should be able to create a half-way decent endgame map viable build.

Don't underestimate their power!

Wait... what??? Oh right. I must remember that sometime in the past we were not exiled to Wraeclast and were living normal lives in Oriath (or elseware). My plight/fate was sealed by a corrupt jealous lover who happened to be a high ranking government official who easily had me framed for a murder that I did not commit. I suppose I should consider myself lucky that I didn't get a death sentence and was only shipped to this strange "Devils Island" the locals call Wraeclast 2.5 years ago. In that time there have been a significant number of living conveniences (aka PoE game improvements) that make me think the current Ascendancy new exiles have it a lot easier than I did as a new exile fresh off the boat... err... washed up on the beach.

Regardless of when we were newbie exiles there is quite a lot of information that has to be learned fast to not become mob meat/critter chow/cannon fodder (pick your own metaphor), DEAD. Since Ascendancy offers new exiles an even greater variety of ways to survive and flourish (sub-classes) and recently discovered survival skills (I'm using a wonderful Blast Rain to kill mobs and stay alive which was unheard of 2.5 years ago) are helping all exiles in a big way.

Since the Talosians GGG master race that is the supreme control over our Wraeclast "matrix" nightmare illusions is right now in a more benevolent mood we exiles are having an easier time surviving so newly washed up exiles should be able to come up with a way to use totems as a means to survive and even thrive.

As I already stated new exiles are all welcome to seek advice from those of us that have been around for years. Most of us are willing to impart some of our hard learned survival skills of what works and what doesn't work.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 20, 2016, 3:28:39 PM
Some of us are willing but the amount of stupidity in the forum never ceases to amaze me.

Anyway, GGG is following a buff - nerf pattern so expect to get shafted by the end of the year :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 20, 2016, 3:35:57 PM
"
databeaver wrote:
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Some people hate the game because templar has no pants, so...

TBH I would like some pants for my witch, or better yet a skirt. But it doesn't make me hate the game nor stop playing.

Just name your witch "Bette_Midler" and then she can revel in the "The wind beneath my wings".
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
diegodgo87 wrote:
Some people hate the game because templar has no pants, so...

That's why I created a 3 fire totem Hierophant Templar and use Magma Orb + GMP + SE + Conc AoE. The heat from the fire totems and wall of magma keeps my templar very warm so he doesn't need any pants.

Mate, I have 63k dps using wand and shield. A lot of stuff still can be upgraded.

Bigger problem for me, is that I cant even mf any more, because most uniques are worth nothing thanks to laggy perandus.
Although I think op's post is a bit immature and tacky, for those of you who don't get it...you're newbs. Fact is, you should be able to drop a totem and walk away while it continues to kill monsters. That's the whole point of having proxy damage. If your totem can't kill things while you're off-screen, then what is the point in running a totem build whatsoever? Reflect? Reflect is a joke in the game's current state. I stopped playing my level 90 totem witch prior to the change, so I don't know if the op is being melodramatic, but if he is not then it is truly a step in the wrong direction for high speed totem builds.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Mate, I have 63k dps using wand and shield. A lot of stuff still can be upgraded.

Bigger problem for me, is that I cant even mf any more, because most uniques are worth nothing thanks to laggy perandus.

For quite a long time GGG should have thrown MF out the window. The rng in PoE is bad enough with super low drop chances on any great gear so adding insult to injury by forcing exiles to have to have gear with high MF on it is a huge sour grapes for me and any non-masochist non-grinder player (some grinding for gear is expected, no Whimseyshire thank you, but grind 100s of hours and get nothing but a few leveling uniques is way bad) should agree too.

Totems are pretty stronk this meta.

Ascendancy buffed alot of totem builds.

Like RF totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info