2.2 [PHC] ICE CRASH ! 120K DPS ! CHAMPION !

Hello there, I present you - 2.2 PHC Ice Crash build ! because earthquake is too mainstream, yea !

So, what should we begin with?

This build is focused around Varunastra ! (if you don't know what unique item it is, just check out down below)

Why Varunastra one might ask ? Why shouldn't we go for 2h weapon or even higher pdps 1h.
Well, the answer is - thanks to Varunastra unique specs we can utilize TONs TONS of damage and attack speed from our passive tree, not loosing to the defenses and life pool !

Well let me show you a simple example.

So, it's just a little example of what you can get!

Let's take the screen shown below.

Normally, you get 24% increased damage with Claw, Dagger or Sword. That means if you're wielding a sword you'll simply get just 24% dmg.

BUT

With Varunastra, you get the WHOLE bonus. Instead of 24% increased damage, you get 24%+24%+24%, that mean's you get 72% increased damage with just ONE skill point spent !

Awesome isn't it ?

LET'S GET STARTED WITH THE BUILD BUDS !

Passive SkillTree          

Skill tree for the website

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAASzBS0ISQthDjwTTBQgFE0UcRUgFewX4RiRGbQaVSE0JJsm-CyULOktgy5TL8w1kjboOlI64Ts7PAU8LT38QT9BdEd-TeNOMlBHUeZW6FhjXz9gkWEhYhdi7GRSZU1lp2dYZ5toZWjycql07XYrdqx3U3rve3R71ICKggeDX4PMhJSE2YTvhmCGs4jtiXGK8IzPnsWiAKZXqfqtja4-rlCvbLCrsty0L7aKtz65HbyfvTa-p8BmwYLEgsT2xq7PftNv2L3ZfNrB3Q3gleHv5FHkrelG6hjsXO8O73zwH_JB8kXz3fZI9zL3Tfjr_Ev-Cv6P

Skill tree for offline passive skill planer

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQAuR0V7Irw6UbEgrCrvqdlTRm0vTYtg0d-FSCE2d0NLOkvzOCVhrO2isGCstxi7AhJhO9W6NrBYSF07S5TrlAaVQUt0297dDboiO1672WnhmCp-uStOlLh72dYvJ8OPGCRGJH8SxRxFE3469l8891kUuoYggdoZU4yUeb3Mnas8kEX4bQvcql82c9-JvghNMT2rY0TTEE_xq6uPjwtC2Fnm4Nfg8yvbEF05FG3PmjyJJtQR_4K8B_3Te8O8kXYvaIAdisUIDrhNZIEs4CKXz-mV_6PwGb2SE3jPAWMz-98PfxYY3dTOzuexQ==

LINKS          

This is your normal map setup. You can switch out increased AOE for Conc. effect for harder bosses if you feel like you need even more dps.

5L - ICE CRASH - INCREASED AOE - WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE - ADDED FIRE - MELEE PHYSICAL DAMAGE

6L - ICE CRASH - INCREASED AOE - WEAPON ELEMENTAL DAMAGE - ADDED FIRE - MELEE PHYSICAL DAMAGE - ELEMENTAL FOCUS

BANDITS          

Normal : Oak (40 flat life is always the best option if you're going for pure life based build)

Cruel : Kraityn (You could also go with OAK for % phys bonus)

Merciless : Kraityn (+1 to frenzy charges, because we're running blood rage, yup)

Jewels          

So, those are the jewels im wearing at the moment. They're not as good as i would want them to be, the problem lies in my currency, well... heh.

Anyway, straight to the point. You want to aim for :

-7% increased maxmimum life
- double damage ( as for our damage, we can count things like : Increased Physical Damage with Swords, Axes, Daggers, Maces etc. ; Area Damage ; Melee Damage ; Melee Physical Damage etc. so many options, and everything counts for us !

- attack speed (it's just optional)

ALSO YOU WANT TO HAVE ATLEAST ONE JEWEL WITH PHYSICAL DAMAGE LEECHED AS MANA, THAT SOLVES OUR MANA PROBLEMS !

Coil is a nice thing, but you could also run it with Carcass Jack, or even Tabula!
          MY CURRENT GEAR          

SINGLE TARGET DAMAGE          

FLASKS AND FRENZY CHARGES

AOE DAMAGE          

FLASKS AND FRENZY CHARGES

Our defenses are woot, over 8000 armour, combines with block, Perma fortify from champion and lightning coil (also taste of hate flask), makes us almost unkillable !
          DEFENSE          

VIDEOS          

QUICK GUIDE WITH A MAP RUN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK0TzNCeScE

Last edited by letthal on Apr 27, 2016, 8:51:03 AM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 4:24:11 PM
- Added Jewels section, explaining jewel choices with the solution to our mana usage.

- Added Bandit choices with a little bit of explanation.
Last edited by letthal on Apr 27, 2016, 8:52:30 AM
Skill tree link broken
Leveling?
"
TrueCorund wrote:
Skill tree link broken
Leveling?

The skill tree i've posted was from the offline passive skill tree planner.

Updated additional link for official poe website.
Perhaps add a line or two about gem link choice both defensively and offensively.
And recommendations on jewels, would be nice too.
Bandits?
"
Jes00jes wrote:
Perhaps add a line or two about gem link choice both defensively and offensively.

Well, personaly I don't think there's an offensive and a defensive option in here. We've perma fortify, we got a lot of life leech which means both Fortify and Life leech gems are not needed.

So in my opinion there really isn't a point in changing the gems.
I guess I could have been a little clearer, I was also referring to other gem choices in gear like your curse, CWDT etc.

Nice to see the added jewel and bandit choices.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info