Advice Level 68 Ranger

I note evasion is favoured over armour. Is that helpful? I find it hard to move and fire and sometimes end up in a corner and so armour I thought would help. Happy to try this anyway as I am failing big time

Does Item Level account for much? I had much better rings etc and in desperation to improve I upgraded them all to higher Item Level. What I find confusing is if a ring says 30% res then surely the item level won't matter

You have been very helpful and many thanks
Another question - looked at your skill tree and I don't see where increased Life comes in. Is it being able to avoid hits that is the strategy rather than increasing life? Thanks
high item level can grant higher stat, but that's not granted. You can find great low level rings. see poeaffix.net for more information.

As for my life, it depends which archer you looked at:

- lvl 95 archer in std: 5k life thanks to life roll on many items, 12 life / level, 165-170% life on tree (which is considered mid glass canon)
- lvl 84 archer in perandus: 4.7k life because she has mid to high life rolls on all items. The % on tree is still low, 124% not counting jewels, but the life everywhere makes up for that.
- Frankenberry's lvl 100 archer: tanky build with 198% life on tree: 6.8k life, much more defensive than my std archer ;).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Apr 17, 2016, 3:02:26 PM
Great advice and thanks. However, been trying to upgrade equipment so used most Chaos orbs etc and note most items cost 20-30 CO, How do you get these as they are very rare?

I have loads of brown equipment but trade is bamboozling. Tried the site you mentioned but couldn't fathom trade and what I'd get for these. I did find how to trade orbs and 1 chaos was something like 150 blacksmith -- wow, they are hard to come by.

Anyone know what I might get for these??

Need to edit last post as some items shouldn't be on! Apologies
No those items are not worth anything.

Farm yellow items in dried like. Vendor them. Get alteration orbs. Convert those to chaos.
Where are the life nodes on the tree? I can find +4% here and there but nothing that adds to 100%.

I have improved things and now have:

which are very helpful and very much thanks to teh advice here. Adding +life has helped but I am at 2k for life. I know I have +armour still on my body armour but haven't got the cash to improve this as yet though I have some 6 jewel socket armour waiting to be crafted. Adding 80 isn't going to help much though

I know the barrage wasn't recommended but until I get a 300dps bow this is the best at killing things
"
Davidjb wrote:
I note evasion is favoured over armour. Is that helpful? I find it hard to move and fire and sometimes end up in a corner and so armour I thought would help. Happy to try this anyway as I am failing big time

The main reason to favor evasion over armor is because we run acrobatics and acro cuts your armor/ES by half.It imposes penalty of 50% on both so it really becomes undesirable to stack armor.If you need physical damage reduction best way is to use basalt/taste of haste flask and wear a lightning coil.
Many thanks for all the advise. I am much improved mainly due to advice given here and some free kit (thanks Panini_aux_olives). I am still a little squishy and big bosses sometimes still get me with one or two shots, but overall much better.

My skill tree and equipment are below. Still trying to improve kit which is proving hard as drops seem very infrequent of anything worth improving. I have several 5/6 socket sets but none have decent links.

My skill tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeBS0FtQYjBx4ILgiJDY0OSA-rEZYVQxa_GY4hdiPTI_Yk_SaVKgsuUzBxMHwyATKUNj06QkMxSn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtVhVuvXWhd8mHiZU1sjG1sbydwUnTtdct7FH11fwKGzod2idOMNo19jX6Nv49gkAqVBZUummqa8Zsmm42dqqGko4qly6bgp9StwrIZtUi3trvjvTa-p8EzxKLKqc3qz17PetNv037UI9ZY2cbasdrB3ajh2-Of51TndOjW6mLtg-4O73r8xf66_sj_3g==

And equipment:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info