[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

arrr, I think I know another reason why I 1-shot myself, I use dps 409, 8.8% crit harbringer and the level requirement is only 54.....
@juseq

lol nice bow. But to be honest, since this is a non-crit build, I still think a Lioneye's Glare would be ideal. This is because a max roll lioneye's glare has 350 DPS. Also, since it comes with the 'hits can't be evaded' mod, it saves us 4 points travelling to resolute technique.

But if you can't get a 6L lioneye's glare, you can probably just spend some points to path to RT or path to Elemental Overload with that high crit chance.

Those gloves are insanely good for this build though.

MinstrelShadrak

hmm, I think 1 ice spear isn't that reliable. You will probably have to support Ice spear with GMP. I guess this setup is trickier for ranged builds because we don't get hit that often, but it could work.

Saw the video too, it was pretty interesting. The single-target is a bit lacking, but since you focus more on defense than offense like me, that's understandable. Great testing and looking forward to future updates.

@minimalistjason

wtf lol, why is everyone so rich.

On another note, I will probably be responding to comments a bit less (maybe once a day). Gotta focus on some exams coming up.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 22, 2016, 12:52:08 AM

Test subject : theory-crafting lazy cruise-control build

I tested lioneye's, turns out the tool display has higher dps than my 409dps bow. However, look into the skill section, the fire dmg on mine bow is 3K higher than lioneyes.

Which one should I use? I don't think crit is really viable in this build no?

"
MoarPizza wrote:
@juseq

@minimalistjason

wtf lol, why is everyone so rich.

On another note, I will probably be responding to comments a bit less (maybe once a day). Gotta focus on some exams coming up.
"

I tested lioneye's, turns out the tool display has higher dps than my 409dps bow. However, look into the skill section, the fire dmg on mine bow is 3K higher than lioneyes.

Check your accuracy, perhaps easy extra dps can be gained with the other bow.
Bigger hit = Bigger prolif
@Minstrelshadrak
"

Test subject : theory-crafting lazy cruise-control build

Which one should I use? I don't think crit is really viable in this build no?

Burning Arrow Base damage is the highest in bow skills (150% lvl 1). With a gg stuff u dont need crit.
Specially when u can shock/ignite with Elemental Conflux.
Look at the base damage from other bow skills : Tornado/Split (90%), LA (100%), Ice Shot (120%)

"

Attacks really needs accuracy, that's why there is only 2 options when u do a build which requires a weapon for me : RT or Crit. Crit compensate the loss of accuracy. With Lioneye's u can do both, that's why this bow is really good. Lioneye is so underrated imo.
Last edited by Shaen on Apr 22, 2016, 6:48:30 AM
@minimalistjason

I guess it depends. If you are one-shotting packs right now, then it's probably better to go lioneye's glare. This way, you don't have to attack twice if you miss on the first hit.

The tooltip DPS on Lioneye's may also be higher since Lioneye's Glare has higher APS. Since we have a lot of flat elemental damage from anger and gear, a higher APS will scale that damage more.
No info from Dev's/Wiki about increasing the 9' radius of beacon of ruin.
And i see people posts here and on the reddit returning with claims it does not work.

Decided to do abit of testing myself. Easy anough to do anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjYptt2VOAZy_hCBcH3Vpw

0->75% increased radius of area skills gives a noticable increase of the 9r.
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Apr 22, 2016, 11:02:05 AM
Hey ! I found something usefull for my burn build ! With Elemental Conflux, Beacon of ruin and a gmp setup, mobs are shocked ignited and chilled. Hypothermia give 39% more dmg on chilled enemies. So i put Hypothermia instead of Increased Burning Damage and it works really well, I dont know if it can be good with ur build MoarPizza since u os pack ^^

"
No info from Dev's/Wiki about increasing the 9' radius of beacon of ruin.
And i see people posts here and on the reddit returning with claims it does not work.

Decided to do abit of testing myself. Easy anough to do anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVjYptt2VOAZy_hCBcH3Vpw

0->75% increased radius of area skills gives a noticable increase of the 9r.

Well, the increased is a bit irrelevant if u use a setup with gmp imo.
Maybe with a full intell build Pillar of Caged God can do a one fireball hit prolif with beacon of ruin but i m pretty sure its not worth.

@MinstrelShadrak

Ah, thanks for the confirmation.

I always thought it should scale with increased AoE, but some people were saying otherwise, so I was beginning to doubt myself lol.

Thanks for doing that test, yeah increased AoE does seem to have a noticeable difference on the proliferation radius, so I guess it's quite useful for finishing off monsters that don't get hit by GMP, so you don't have to attack twice.
Last edited by MoarPizza on Apr 22, 2016, 12:35:53 PM
@Shaen

Ah nice find on the Hypothermia. I think it will be a 39% more multiplier on your burning damage which is quite nice. Yeah, it might not be as effective for my build, but it's a pretty good gem.

Only downside is when you don't have elemental conflux up, but as long as you clear quickly and keep the buff is up, it should work out pretty well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info