[2.3] Burning Arrow Elementalist || Insane Clear Speed, Solid Defenses and Budget (Atziri Viable)

@sxxnx

Damnnn nice work man! One-shotting courtyard bosses is pretty insane.

@Ceveth

Yep, I made this build in Perandus, so back then you were only allowed to use one golem (flame golem). But for prophecy we are allowed 2 golems, so you can use an extra stone golem + bloodrage if you want. This way you won't have to use Blood dance, unless you like the life regen from blood dance.

@Hitma47

Hey man, I'll answer some of your questions. Our main survivability comes from a very high life pool as well as Acrobatics and Phase Acrobatics. Combined with the leech from Dyadian Dawn, our survivability is generally quite good.

For prophecy I recommend using a reach of the council. The reason why I have Lioneye's glare is because I made this build in Perandus, where reach of the council was unavailable.

We take a lot of fire, elemental and projectile nodes because they double dip. This build is all about double-dipping so that we can minimize our reflected damage and prolif very strong burns across the pack. As a result, a lot of our damage does not show up on the tooltip (such as holy fire).

But tbh, a lot of people can reach 100k DPS now. My DPS figures are a bit out-dated since I haven't updated them since Perandus and I am using a 5L lioneye's glare.

We can take fire nodes because we have 100% physical damage converted to fire damage through avatar of fire. Therefore Fire, projectile and elemental damage are best because they have 100% value and also scale our burning damage. As a result, Drillneck is much better than signal fire.

Hopefully this answers your questions.

@magicrectangle

Yep, you've explained everything quite well in regards to double-dipping.

@mark1030

No, individual charges are not considered as buffs. Buffs are only those that have a green border around the skill.

@Dextera

Hey Dextera, nice DPS. Yep crit usually tends to scale tooltip damage a lot higher than non-crit builds. I went with non-crit to focus more on double-dipping and it is also a lot cheaper.
Last edited by cookees on Jul 2, 2016, 5:36:57 PM
@supreme_pizza
dude i've udnerstand all mechanics of your build, do not need to explain it everytime xD
i know the double dipping and bla bla, but,I find some things wrong in your build, i continue to prefer my idea and mechanics, so i'll stop post here to not disturb your thread. Have fun :)
(sorry as always for my bad eng)
All my builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1830178
Last edited by Hitma47 on Jul 3, 2016, 8:21:07 AM
This is my gear now, level 87, 40k dps with max charges

AWESOME BUILD!
Trying to get a better enchant on gloves/helmet/boots

Need a better quiver and a full Council, this is amazing!
Just hit 90 with a Raider inspired by this build. It's one of my favorite builds so far.

+solid damage
+pretty good defenses and mobility for an evasion build
+fast clearing
+ele reflect is playable with gem changes
+great for ranged killing of dangerous bosses

-burn immunes like Argus are a pain
-off screen killing (sometimes through walls) will have you hunting orb drops (not a big deal since you are killing where you are headed)
-tight on skill points since I ended up all over the skill tree

Raider specifics

I wanted to try the Phasing and Onslaught ascendancy points. They work better than expected.

With the ascendancy points and when Onslaught is up I have:
-50% increased Onslaught effect
-40% attack damage
-20% elemental damage
-25% more melee evasion
-15% more projectile evasion
-40% increased attack speed
-60% increased evasion
-phasing
-10% spell dodge
-53% move speed
-immunity to status effects
-10% dodge

Onslaught is triggered by being hit (Daresso's), killing (ascendancy), and a silver flask. Uptime is nearly 100%. Uptime with boss fights is pretty good but not 100%.

Phasing, which gives the status immunity, some move speed, and dodge, is triggered by onslaught and max frenzy charges. Uptime is 100% as long as frenzy charges are maxed. It's also great for opening strongboxes and frees up the flasks for other mods.

Frenzy and flammability are generated by Frenzy (skill) in Daresso's.

Gear

Some pieces need some work, but it is all self-found.

I was lucky enough to corrupt +1 arrow on a Drillneck, but the Signal Fire does more damage (at least with the tooltip) and allowed me to skip Avatar of Fire to save a few points. Maybe there is some hidden double dipping with the Drillneck, but it didn't appear to be stronger in play. Maybe it's the good phys to fire roll on my Signal Fire, but the tooltip dps something like 10-20% higher with the Signal Fire.

Daresso's does a good job keeping endurance charges up and my life (~3700) seems adequate, so I don't think I would switch to Kaom's if I found one. It also allows me to keep the frenzy charges maxed for onslaught/phasing and skip Blood Dance boots.

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAQHRAx4EBwSzBbUGIxEvEvEV8Bo4HwIfQSGwIvQnLyqNKwotTS6UL3IwcTKJMtE09zY9NsU22DpCOlg62Dy-PV9EDUVHRZ1G10kbS3hMs1BCUlNTNVNSVEdVS1WFVcZWSFfiWfNd8l5FX3Bh4mKsY_1mVGuQbAtsjG0ZcYVyD3fleuZ7FH11gpuDbYPbjDaNv5BVkvOTJ5Rvl4WXlZf0mjua4J2qnsSf36EioaSiAKJApcumvqcIp9SsmK_rsUK0xbvjwGbC7MSiyPDTftQj2CTY1dq53ajhc-Hb62Pr7uxV7SDveu988Wz0-Prr_rr-yA==

Bandits: Oak - Point - Point

Crit chance and accuracy (to keep Elemental Overload up) are adequate: 23% and 88%
Depth perception would be nice, and I'd like to get accuracy on the gloves to hit 90%. Elemental Overload is up about 75% of the time. The crit enchant on boots helps a lot. I'm thinking about dropping Phase Acro to pick up Depth perception.

Stats

Too lazy to embed images.
DPS in HO with auras and fire golem only - 27.5k
With charges, Elemental Overload, and flasks up - 64k
Evasion 35%
Dodge 50%
Spell dodge 30% (40% with Onslaught)

I've begun playing this build, and am excited to see how it functions at much higher levels. One question I had is whether OP or anyone has tested Mastermind of Discord with Lightning Golem as the bonus golem from Liege. Recasting it once every 10 seconds doesn't seem that onerous for picking up a 25% penetration buff.

If the trash mobs are getting one-shot frequently, does Beacon of Ruin have time to do anything?
have you try a 4L setup for Vaal burning arrow? It could help for boss fight maybe
hmmmmm ! :D
Hey here,
2.4 nerf on elemental conflux should nerf this build doesn't it? (mainlybecause the life leach on the belt and perma-shock will be 40% time only)

Anyway do you think the build will be viable in this version? (maybe with an improvement of leech life on another item?)

Regards and nice beginning of essence league !
Last edited by Danilovitch on Sep 1, 2016, 3:46:50 AM
I'd also like to know how this build holds up after the 2.4 patch, was having the burning conflux crucial? or will it still clear fine during the phases were it's not on the burning?
Last edited by kayklown on Aug 31, 2016, 3:15:34 PM
Want to try a Deadeye version of this build in Essence league and wondering if it would still be good in 2.4, not sure about the tree pathing just yet and if Scion might be better with access to deadeye and easier pathing to the burn nodes on the tree.

Also considered a templar and maybe just using a lionseye gem to pick up some damage from the staff nodes as well, not very confident in this class option just yet though as i usually play as rangers or witch classes.

As far as conflux goes,i cant speak for this build but the changes to conflux did absolutely no real damage at all to my other builds that have conflux,,its basically such a minor difference that ive seen no impact at all in clearspeed or damage, the combined effects or the single effect both seem more than enough for the prolith to do its job,,,but the insane burn from this build doesnt look like it would suffer at all from the changes tbh.
Remember when high end gear was really high end !
Classic Audio all the way,olderthandirt and twice as
Grizzly :)
Last edited by Grizzledmoe on Sep 14, 2016, 4:47:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info