[2.2 ELE-JUGG] {Cheap - Newbie friendly} [12-15k DPS] [Glacial Cascade] [dual curses]

This build is fairly easy to play and is relatively inexpensive. The only thing u need is a decent 5 links and that would be your highest cost piece of gear.

I use 2 versions of the build:

1/ with wands/sceptres (whichever give u better dps): This set of weapons give you the highest dps of all. However, the con of this build is having very low armour (<=2k). If u equip these then be prepare to have a slight tough time with strong bosses (e.g Izaro with full buffs)

2/a set of dagger: my favourite as you shall use whirling blade (best movement/dodging method) and link with fortify. The fortify will help mitigate the squishiness factor of this build. In addition, I always find having spell echo makes flame dash somewhat hard to use in certain situations. For whirling blade - no problem happen whatsoever. This come as a cost of lesser dps than the 1st option (in my build is a 2k5 difference)

Pros

Spoiler
+ Very good dps. Can easily solo merc Izaro. I managed to beat him on full buff as well (with 3 curse fonts and 3 essences)

+ The (Curse on Hit - Orb of Storm) set up can help a lot for the squishiness of this build. Enfeeble along with Warlord's mark are the best. 1 lessen enemies's damage output and the other allow you to leech. The Endurance charges further improve the suvivability of my char. I'm currently run a 5 max Endurance charge(this build actually only allow 4 but I'll explain later), thats mean a 20% bonus elem resist and damage reduction. Inaddition, the Jugg class allow you to have the Unwavering stance buff while on full charges so very useful

+ Fairly inexpensive (<= 1exalt): This build utilises Elemental Overload keystone. This allow you get cheap weapons as high crits chance on daggers/wands/sceptres are not essential, which save u a lot when shopping on POE trade. A 20% crit chance would allow you to have this buff pretty much 100% of the time. If u cant even go to that level, 15% or even 12% would be sufficient. Save money on weapons to buy good s 5-links since thats the most important piece of gear. Apaert from my chest piece, most of my items are around 1-3c only.

Cons

Spoiler
+ Elem Reflect is your prime enemy, you cant do these maps - I'm sorry
+ Need a good 5links chest
+ Can be squishy at times
+ Chaos damage can be an issue

Bandits choice:

Spoiler
Nornal: Life
Cruel: Cast speed
Merciless: Endurance charge

I build this on armour and ES gear however, ES only should be viable as my armour right now is not that great (1k8 only). You should aim to have at least 1k ES to have decent survivability for lategame.

I'm using a wooden PC so I simply cant record anything tbh. The only thing I can say is I tried this build on tier 7-9 maps (tier 9 maps are the highest I could find right now). I once beat merc Izaro with full buff with this gear and thats quite satisfying since this is only my 3rd char. My 1st cant even make it to cruel lab and my 2nd char was demolished by merc Izaro even no buff.

Gear:

Spoiler

As you can see I'm actually vey lucky to get myself a 6-link chest (only 300 fuses). I didnt know what to put in the 6th link so I added lightning damage. This shall shock my enemy with my Glacialand I get another 30% damage boost from shock ailment - Hooray!!!!

Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADBBAcEswVCCGcJ2RW4GFYYahzcHwIgWSHDJNgo-iycLagt0jLRNsU6WDwFPV9Bh0GWRUdFnUbXS1dMs1JTU1JVxlZIVylXlFfhWAdfKmZUaHRo8m-ecYVyD3RVdwd4L3zlga-Cm4LHgwmD24RThW2Fe4cTjHaPGo9GkFWQ1pRvlKCWMpeVl_SaO5rgm6GcpJ_fogCnCK6zsQWxkLc-t9a4k7jQvoDAZsDjyFvKRtAf0PXVgdWm2CTYTdi92jraYtrd21nirevk6-7sOO087pDvfO_r7_3wH_Gz-WX56P4K

One of the Jewel Im using is the Intuitive Leap, got lucky with cadibro and spent only around 2k pc for it. I place this Jewel onto the socket on the Templar area so that I can get my 5th Endurance charge without spending too many skill points. This is non-essential BTW. The other Jewels I have are mostly self found with a focus on Area damage,Cold damage

Damage preview: (The more DPS one is with the 2 wands, the lesser is with daggers)
Without Elemental Overload
Spoiler

With Elemental Overload
Spoiler

This is my first guide and my first decent build. I welcome any constructive suggestion from you all XD
Last edited by greendragon2194 on Apr 21, 2016, 1:29:25 PM
Last bumped on Apr 21, 2016, 1:13:21 PM
There are several inefficient choices you made with your tree and gems.

First of all, GC is a hybrid spell dealing both physical and elemental damage. As such it is important to pick passives that support both components of the spell: Spell damage, area damage, cast speed, crit. Picking up elemental nodes is highly inefficient: For example Ash, Frost and Storm is a very weak cluster that even pure elemental builds (should) avoid. It only gives 10% increased elemental damage per point spent, which is worse than spending those points on the generic stuff at the witch start. In your case it is even worse, as that cluster applies only to the cold portion of GC, which leaves you with 6-7% increase per point (actually only 5% as elemental damage is mitigated by enemies much more than physical damage which makes 10% spell damage app. double as effective as these 10% elemental). You have to spec out of that cluster. The same argument holds for Celestial Judgement (only 32% increase for 5 points, that's less than 7% per point).

I also wouldn't overestimate the impact of elemental overload. It doesn't apply to the physical part of GC. With your current tree/gear it boils down to 5-10% more damage. Getting arcane potency would probably tip the scale towards taking the crit multi every fourth hit. In higher game content that would help getting better freezes as one should be looking for high peak damage instead of reliable medium damage versus magic and rares in higher maps, as that is the only way to get past the freeze threshold versus monsters with a high life pool. Anyway with only 1 point spent it doesn't hurt taking that passive with your current build, it just ain't that powerful.

Using added lightning damage is a bad choice imo: You won't be able to shock magic and rares (where you would need the extra damage) due to the shock threshold. The damage of ald is too low compared to high life pools. The 60% effectiveness of GC that applies to ald is also a con. It is better to use a support that isn't penalized like controlled destruction. Not only doesn't it get penalized, its more multiplier applies to both cold and physical parts of GC. Even with the 100% crit decrease you should be able have ~20 crit chance with your current gear, so elemental overload would still work. Another option (and the biggest dps bosst) would be concentrated effect if you can handle the smaller aoe.

You need more life. Less than 4k life is only acceptable for glasscannons that kill most stuff before getting hit (dischargers for example) but your damage output falls short by the factor 10 to get into that range.

I would modify the tree by dropping the mentioned elemental nodes and path of the savant (another cluster that gives very little per point invested (4% spell damage and a bit over 2 cast speed per point).
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQGRBAcEswVCCGcVuBg8GFYYaho4HNwfAiTYJy8o-iycLagt0jLRNZI2xTpYOtg64TwFPV9Bh0GWRKtFR0WdS1dMs03jUlNTUlWuVcZWSFgHXypmVGjyb553B3gvfOWCEIKbgseDCYPbhW2Fe4cTjxqPRo-mkFWTOpYyl5WX9Jo7muCboZykn9-iAKZXpwius7GQtz631riTvSe-gMBmwOPIW9Af0PXVgdWm2CTYvdrd21nfsOFz6-Tr7uw47TzvfO_r8B_xs_JF-ej-Cv6P
I'm not sure if you need intuitive leap as you absolutely cannot skip the the life nodes leading to devotion. Faith and steel might not be worth taking. The armour bonus gives you not that much with your gear and the ES increase ain't needed. Despite your recommendation it ain't necessary to have 1+k ES. The ES will be gone after the first two hits in a fight and can't recover as long as you are fighting, so the extra survivability boils down to the stun avoidance chance as long as you have ES. Having only 200 ES will do that job (almost) as good as 1k ES. As long as you don't make a dedicated life/ES hybrid with a way for the ES to recover during fights it is a bit of wasting resources to try to stack higher ES amounts.

A better tree would be to cut off anything on the right side of the tree. Again the reason is low returns per point spent. Instead take arcane potency, purity of flesh and heart & soul:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQGRBAcEswVCCGcI9BW4Fm8YPBhWGGoaOBzcHRQfAiSqJNgnLyj6LJwt0jLRNZI2xTbpOlg62DrhPAU9X0GHQZZEq0VHRZ1Ms03jUlNTUlWuVcZWSFgHXypmVGjyakNtGXgvfOWCEIKbgseD24VthXuOZI8aj0aPppBVkzqWMpeVl_SaO5rgm6Gf36IAplenCK6ztvq3PriTvSfAVMBmyFvQH9D11YHVptgk2L3a3d-w4XPjauvk6-7sOO0873zv6_Af8kX3pvno-tL-Cv6P

BTW being able to kill Izaro ain't a sign of "very good dps". It just means your build is playable.

Thanks Bada_Bing

You are right. Since its my first "playable" build, I made some inefficient decision. I changed some of the nodes and replaced added lightning with controlled destruct and the dps went up the roof

I will adjust my build and update it a bit later on and will attempt Atziri

Thank you mate :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info