[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

I'm going to start Prophecy with this build, but

you still think that Ranger is better then Scion with 8 points?

"
zxfx wrote:
I'm going to start Prophecy with this build, but

you still think that Ranger is better then Scion with 8 points?

Scion sucks. Probably only option worth consider is swapping Ranger Deadeye to Raider, but this is mostly late endgame or HC option.
Elua seems like you are real expert with Siege Ballista skill :)

Anyway could you type something more about Raider option? What Asc points would you choose and why you think "endgame" Raider can be better option
Raider in late endgame ( 90lvl + ) can be better because at this point everyone will have mostly very strong gear to compensate dps loss. It offers defence and mobility, and can make mapping more efficient and safe. But first you need gear and lvl-s where Deadeye is much better option.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently 66 lvl and want write few worlds about new league experiences. Leveling with self-found items is tough. I suffer a lot until 35 lvl, when finally I buy my first item from poe.trade: Death's Harp. It cost me 4c. That bow and 4 lined chest piece makes my way to 66 lvl. Because insanely expensive prices of Rain of Splinters gem I used only 2 arrows, and what surprise me that works without any problems. If I know that Rain of Splinters price will stay so long high I definitely will go for extra arrow from Deadeye first. Just finally bayed it for 14c, but my heart hurts. I'm still minus - capped for resistances and mobs hits me like trucks, but it's no problem until merc act 3. It's very important to have at 60 lvl Profane Chemistry and Herbalism and 2:

That saves me from multiple deaths. Gameplay wise it very edgy, but ( mostly ) manageable :)
I will work on resistances soon, just #1 priority is buy Lioneye's Glare glare bow.
During leveling I got some more int in items then necessary and that helps a lot with mana problems. Also only 4L chest works very well.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 6, 2016, 9:15:11 AM
Prophecy league progress update, stats after 48h league start ( 77 lvl )

dps:

http://i.imgur.com/pGLi8bu.jpg

def:

http://i.imgur.com/nvotg1n.jpg

current items, build and jewels :

"Hibikiprophecy" Deadeye Prophecy League

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Elua/characters
Last edited by Elua on Jun 6, 2016, 5:07:19 AM
Hey, Im playing your build right now in Prophecy Hardcore and i came across some question.

1. Why are we using stuff that increases "Projectile something something" whilst Siege Ballista doest have the Projectile tag on the gem?

2. Im going for raider for the additional survivability and I was wondering which ascendency perks i should take. The 4 in the Onslought branch are a no-brainer, but what about the other? Frenzy or Phasing?

Much Thanks in advance, please keep the guide updated as its really detailed and helpful
First of all Thanks for the good guide!

I have one question about the pierce gem. What is better before the 20% quality slower projektiles or pierce. I bought a drillneck but i am not sure about pierce. Does it stack over 100% bonus dmg from drillneck?
"
AwesomeHazz wrote:
Hey, Im playing your build right now in Prophecy Hardcore and i came across some question.

1. Why are we using stuff that increases "Projectile something something" whilst Siege Ballista doest have the Projectile tag on the gem?

2. Im going for raider for the additional survivability and I was wondering which ascendency perks i should take. The 4 in the Onslought branch are a no-brainer, but what about the other? Frenzy or Phasing?

Much Thanks in advance, please keep the guide updated as its really detailed and helpful

@1 Siege ballist is 100% for sure projectile type.

@2 Onslought and Phasing

"
Xeandro wrote:
First of all Thanks for the good guide!

I have one question about the pierce gem. What is better before the 20% quality slower projektiles or pierce. I bought a drillneck but i am not sure about pierce. Does it stack over 100% bonus dmg from drillneck?

It's not stack over 100%, but Slower Projectiles makes Ballistas much much worse. Tooltip will probably shows more dps, but it's not worth. I'm always avoiding that gem at all cost.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 6, 2016, 4:08:11 AM
"
Elua wrote:
Because insanely expensive prices of Rain of Splinters gem I used only 2 arrows, and what surprise me that works without and problems. If I know that Rain of Splinters price will stay so long high I definitely will go for extra arrow from Deadeye first. Just finally bayed it for 14c, but my heart hurts. I'm still minus - capped for resistances and mobs hits me like trucks, but it's no problem until merc act 3. It's very important to have at 60 lvl Profane Chemistry and Herbalism and 2:

That saves me from multiple deaths. Gameplay wise it very edgy, but ( mostly ) manageable :)
I will work on resistances soon, just #1 priority is buy Lioneye's Glare glare bow.
During leveling I got some more int in items then necessary and that helps a lot with mana problems. Also only 4L chest works very well.

Agree on all of the above. Actually, I switched from Death's Harp to Infractem and even one arrow works fairly well, if you make sure that you take all Projectile Speed nodes early (otherwise you will miss moving targets).

Have the Glare, but am at lvl 61, so have to wait until tonight to see what the Glare will do. Then only a decent 5 link and some jewels to fix my resists and even with the remainder of my gear being very crappy, yellow maps should be easily do-able.

Some questions:
- I wonder how Chin Sol + Resolute Technique would stand up against the Glare. The 100% more Bow damage when they are close sure sounds juicy and RT is only two nodes.
- Deadeye + Glare also sounds like a weird combo. You get 90% accuracy from the tree. Then another 20% and +200 flat from the Ascendancy. You also have a lot of dexterity. I would suspect that getting another +300 or so on a piece of gear, would get you into the 95% chance-to-hit or so. Does the "cannot be evaded" really add so much dps?
- How tight does Mana become at higher levels? Right now it is not tight at all, and am thinking to take the life wheel with chaos res instead of the life wheel with -mana cost.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jun 6, 2016, 10:17:57 AM
1.Chin Sol got "Adds 25–50 Fire Damage" instead Lioneye's Glare "Adds (6–20 to 12–32) Physical Damage", that is much worse for this build, where physical dmg scales.
"100% More Bow Damage at Close Range" sounds very good for bosses, but overall not fit Siege Ballista playstyle. To protect Ballistas from boss oneshot often you need distance.

2.If I use any other non - Lioneye's Glare bow my hit is 89% only, and that is huge difference.
"Hits can't be Evaded" are super strong, and because reflect is not problem at all in this build, we can have full benefits.

3.Mana issue depends on gear you have, that chaos res / life wheel is good option but during heavy spamming skills you can mana starve. Best is simply try what fit yours, or get mana regen in jewellery.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 6, 2016, 12:12:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info