[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

Ok, so i decided to give ballista the chance. Some simple questions:

1) First thing first, if i had +1 arrow Signal Fire, shall i use it with Avatar of fire for full fire convertion?

2) Anyone have expiriance with Guardians / Shaper? I understands, that this is not a farmer build for this encounters, but is it possible to beat leategame bosses? Of just regular mapping?

3) What can you say about damage output of this build? T15-16 maps doable? I mean, i have ~10 ex i could invest in this build, is it worth?
Last edited by volltex on Mar 21, 2017, 10:04:05 AM
"
volltex wrote:
Ok, so i decided to give ballista the chance. Some simple questions:

1) First thing first, if i had +1 arrow Signal Fire, shall i use it with Avatar of fire for full fire convertion?

2) Anyone have expiriance with Guardians / Shaper? I understands, that this is not a farmer build for this encounters, but is it possible to beat leategame bosses? Of just regular mapping?

3) What can you say about damage output of this build? T15-16 maps doable? I mean, i have ~10 ex i could invest in this build, is it worth?

1. Signal Fire is bad for this build, plz don't use it. If you want full conversion for phys / ele reflect maps use

It's dps loss, so I don't recommend use it permanently.

2. Guardian are possible if you have very high gear, Phoenix and Chimera are easy, Minotaur is hard and Hydra is super hard for this build.

3. t15 maps are easy doable and very fast if map is open like shaped Quay for example.

Killing bosses is slow so you will loose time gained on mob packs here.
Last edited by Elua on Mar 21, 2017, 11:35:31 AM
"
volltex wrote:

i would spend 20ex on it ... i play T15 in Tabula Rasa :DDD
Everything is easycheesy and INSANE clearspeed!

i'm now lvl 91 and next league i play... :

Ballista!!!

This League i tryed:

-Righteous Fire (spent 13 Ex)
-Flameblast Totem
-Flame Totem

All good, but Ballista is better!

BUT - Ballista is not a Bosskiller! You can kill Bosses but other Build do it better.

With Ballista you're the King of the Maps :-)

Hey with next patch i will play Ballista again ..... someone else will play it too ???
I'm not sure yet what I will play next league. Pierce mechanics changes looks very bad.
GGG want cut off-screen clear speed meta and this can hurt siege ballista a lot, because it's best feature where SB really shines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyNkhAexYP0

I'm very tired by GGG slowness in balancing stuff. They allow for way too long domination of flameblast and ancestral warchief as best totems.

I will probably go next most meta totem build in 3.0
Whatever.
Last edited by Elua on Jul 9, 2017, 8:45:21 AM
If anyone got spare beta key plz pm me it on forums. I want test stuff but don't have access to beta. My current real life situation is very bad, I can't afford buying supporter pack or key anyway.
I really want to try this on beta, but I'm curious about pierce changes... has anyone tried it?
IGN: Sin
"
I really want to try this on beta, but I'm curious about pierce changes... has anyone tried it?

not yet, i have no time. maybe you can try it and give us a response.
when it doesn't work i'll go for dual flame totem ....
I downloaded the Beta Client today.
Later i'll create a Char and give it a try .... I'm curious about it how it works! :-)
i downloaded the newest patch now in Beta:

Game Balance
In Wave 3 we'll be including all of our Pierce changes, and will be removing Chance to Pierce from the game. Balance values may continue to change for +pierce values and effects that interact with Piercing projectiles.

lets see how it works

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info