[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
Elua wrote:
"
Cineplexx wrote:
Hey, been playing this build for a while now and was wondering what you think about some fire conversion to make more use of the ascendancy? Xoph's Nurture bow and The Signal Fire quiver come to mind.. They are relatively cheap so i'll probably try those out soon.
Love the build so far, thanks!

That bow is weak, sige ballista feels awful when you lack 20% attack speed and "Hits can't be Evaded" from Lioneye's Glare, so only conversion I recommend is using this amulet:

I do amulet swaps for corrupted reflect red map unlock thing. Your totems will have avatar of fire that means you will do ONLY fire dmg, and your totems are 100% fire dmg immune from ascendancy. That means all type reflect maps with this amulet are super easy, no need to recast fast dying totems at all, they will be 100% reflect immune. Cost of using it is like 25% dps loss, so I swap amulet only for reflect maps to not slow down clearing speed on other.

You must keep in mind to maintain resistance cap, so adjust ( change ) other jewellery after amulet swaps.

Makes sense, reflect can be annoying.. another problem i have are breaches, if it's a totally open space i usually get overrun and totems die before they can really clear.. can be okay if i manage to kill the first wave but most of the time i have to leave it. Any tips? I don't have the arrow drillneck yet.
Breaches are problem and pain in the ass for this build. They are very inconsistent: sometimes you get easy one, sometimes number of mobs spawned are insane. Generally speaking if you want farm shards do it on low tier maps, don't risk doing in t13-t15 ones at all. Most fire breaches are very easy on t15 maps, but when you got ice it's almost 90% death threat.
When you are low level ( under 87 lvl ) you can risk and do all everywhere. After 90 lvl is no longer worth taking risk. This build got not enough dps, even with flasks and vaal haste up to deal with ice breaches. Lightning ones are very risky too. You can open and after breach type identification run out or decide to fight, but if you run be sure you run very far away.
On t15 maps that content type is IMO designed for very few best meta builds, and this one is not good enough.

No easy answer here, so be very careful if you want go high levels. Skipping content sucks, but sadly risk is too big sometimes. On ancestral warchief totem build I got feeling that breaches are 3x more easy then siege ballista build. GGG "balance" skills are depressing.
Last edited by Elua on Jan 6, 2017, 9:05:56 PM
Hey Elua,

I started playing PoE 2 weeks ago with your guide as assistance. It has worked extremely well so far and i barely die if it wasn t for those ice breaches. I currently just finished merci lab and im working on t4-5 maps.

I would like any tips on my build https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LryxnIa/characters and how should i progress from now on. My budget is at around 50 chaos but it will keep increasing rapidly (i hope).
Edit* One thing that baffles me; where do you get endurance charges? Or are you content with 0.4 seconds on Immortal call?

Anyways, any tips would be welcome and congrats on your very well written and helpful guide.
Last edited by LryxnIa on Jan 23, 2017, 10:19:25 AM
"
LryxnIa wrote:
Hey Elua,

I started playing PoE 2 weeks ago with your guide as assistance. It has worked extremely well so far and i barely die if it wasn t for those ice breaches. I currently just finished merci lab and im working on t4-5 maps.

I would like any tips on my build https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/LryxnIa/characters and how should i progress from now on. My budget is at around 50 chaos but it will keep increasing rapidly (i hope).
Edit* One thing that baffles me; where do you get endurance charges? Or are you content with 0.4 seconds on Immortal call?

Anyways, any tips would be welcome and congrats on your very well written and helpful guide.

No easy answer here. You should slowly replace all your gear for better rolls / more added physical damage / more resistances / more life - ones
Weakest part of your gear are amulet and helmet, but you must get more resistances on other gear parts to replace helmet for more life one. Try get each item 70+ life, good boots have 100+ resistances, rings 20+ added physical
and best gloves looks like :

added physical is very important here, some ele dmg, 70+ life ( partially comes from str ), 13-16 attack speed, and finally one res to help reach cap.

And about endurance charges I don't use any of those because I use Kaoms chest-piece and rly struggling with gem slots to get some extra defence layers. CWDT + temporal chains is most important, get rid of phase run ( phase run is old, not optimal setup )

Check gear on Elua_breach and grind currency for better items, it takes a while improve your stats.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Elua/characters

for unique items ( bow, quiver, flasks ) best possible rolls check:

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Path_of_Exile_Wiki

Last thing : get vaal lightning trap for bosses ( shock mechanics helps )
Last edited by Elua on Jan 23, 2017, 12:36:51 PM
Hello

Last League i played your Build and i loved it.

So i decided to play it again .... i enyojed every Second!

I play with bow from the Beginning and the Damage and Killspeed is very good.
Today i made 20 lvl without any Problem.

i cant get enough :-)

Thanks again, great Job!!!
I am stack at level 87, i cannot progress through the maps anymore beyond t12 and the main reason is that my balistas die too fast, almost instanly, they have no uptime especially on bosses and that s quite disheartening.. I am trying to figure out what you higher lvl guys are doing but i can t.

I am sure upgrading my gear right now is not worth it, would cost too much chaos for very little improvement. What i could do is buy a 6link bow and get Kaom's heart. Would cost me around 300 chaos which is my bank right now, still thinking about it but i don't think that would solve my main problem which is totem uptime.

I am also unlucky with uber lab trials, i have 75/126 maps and only 3 trials found so far. Maybe Tukohama would help a bit but just being super unlucky here.
If you want finish all trials fast best way is join /global 820 channel. Many ppl sharing trials there for free.

Some bosses needs ballista totem almost non-stop recast, but it should be manageable even on t15 maps. Keeping projectiles weakness on boss is biggest totem survivability thing. Always try keep distance between totems and boss, and try place second totem on opposite boss side.

You need very good roll for Bow before you make it 6L and go kaoms, good roll means it's like 355+ pDPS ( perfect roll is like 361 pDPS )

http://poe.trade/search/enihowakositok

Getting best Drillneck roll is cheap and easy.
Last edited by Elua on Jan 31, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
Hi mate,

thanks for the build, really awsome so far ( lvl 44 HC breach )

however there is just one point i don't understand, the use of Herald of Ash. the balista doesn't get the buff and our spell don't hit ( ancestral bond) so what's the idea behind using it ( instead of an Anger for example)

Thanks a lot ;)
"
Cineplexx wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
"
Cineplexx wrote:
Hey, been playing this build for a while now and was wondering what you think about some fire conversion to make more use of the ascendancy? Xoph's Nurture bow and The Signal Fire quiver come to mind.. They are relatively cheap so i'll probably try those out soon.
Love the build so far, thanks!

That bow is weak, sige ballista feels awful when you lack 20% attack speed and "Hits can't be Evaded" from Lioneye's Glare, so only conversion I recommend is using this amulet:

I do amulet swaps for corrupted reflect red map unlock thing. Your totems will have avatar of fire that means you will do ONLY fire dmg, and your totems are 100% fire dmg immune from ascendancy. That means all type reflect maps with this amulet are super easy, no need to recast fast dying totems at all, they will be 100% reflect immune. Cost of using it is like 25% dps loss, so I swap amulet only for reflect maps to not slow down clearing speed on other.

You must keep in mind to maintain resistance cap, so adjust ( change ) other jewellery after amulet swaps.

Makes sense, reflect can be annoying.. another problem i have are breaches, if it's a totally open space i usually get overrun and totems die before they can really clear.. can be okay if i manage to kill the first wave but most of the time i have to leave it. Any tips? I don't have the arrow drillneck yet.

I've been playing a siege ballista build somewhat similar to this one built around Xoph's Nurture and Xoph's Blood. I use a Corrupted Skirmish to get an extra arrow and totem. Brass Dome for damage mitigation. It's plenty strong, but I take a significantly different path through the skill tree, picking up Resolute Technique and focusing on fire and elemental damage rather than physical damage. Blood magic on skills so I don't have to worry about mana. I haven't really optimized it yet since I only transitioned into it about a week ago from another build. Even though I am still working on getting everything sorted out, it clears red maps quite easily. Here's the gear I am running currently, but you can probably change it up a bit.

This is tree I am working toward. My current tooltip DPS at lvl 87 is right around 25k, multiply that by three totems.

http://poeplanner.com/AAQAAQsxAwCDcqmsqlnzcg9mnljlKhNaK6PyFHEOPDpSMn4sp0rE9q7G2FhjPfz2SF8_aGV2rM9-xPbGrhDM_od7IPiTPC2DX5RvZlQs6RUgLYMZtL6nhrN1y-pi9qPvetN-xKIUIO8OfXX-urvjvJ8YkafU_shlTb02exRxhUbXGjiQVecKCpsj9k2SlLj5Y-0_G62jinrmY_2GYCKvOFN25_cyfNn46-oYzZg26BpVYSGE79rBdO0FLS5T029DMY1-893uDpXMv9VTuycvUEfkUWebrj5W-t1GY6cRgTrYMol35dl8ggf60hcvZOdV1oCkFm_jaho-8i-Mz2CAuX7GBKajBsMWC3uzF4zPZwAAAAAA

I am not sure about the aura nodes yet, but I am going to try them to see if it is worth running the trio of Herald of Ash, Anger and Determination. Mainly I want to try Determination since this build has so much armor and that should further improve both my own and totem survivability. If Determination doesn't help that much then I will drop the aura nodes and just run Arctic Armor instead, put the points somewhere else.

I also just picked up an enchanted helm and it's given a pretty decent boost to DPS and the move speed is nice too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info