[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

Okay, so I have maxed out my resists to 135% and all my items are 70+ life.
my dps with herald of ash and hatred and 20q lightning golem is at an embarassing 22,797.

What do I do to boost damage? I feel like i need more compared to yours.

Should i now try to get labryinth enchantments on my items now? how long will that take?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/clockerrs11/characters

my character is mynameisjuliagillard
6l is the obvious answer, it will boost your dps by 5-8k. attack speed on gloves is another 1-2k, enchant on boots is 1-1.5k and it's not that hard to get.

After that it's mostly improving your jewellery, gloves and jewels by tiny amounts. Your bow is also upgradable.
Last edited by Materacyg on Jul 17, 2016, 3:37:29 AM
"
ok.... i'm having a hard time understanding your logic here.

why frenzy for merci bandits? you don't get ANY other charges on the tree, and you say that 90% of the time you don't use frenzy or curses.... no better option?

Yes that's looks wired because it's not frenzy-heavy build. But getting frenzy for only one point
( instead 2 passive points you must spend to get one in tree ) is good trade IMO.
If you prefer get one passive point from merci quest it will be not big deal anyway.
Last edited by Elua on Jul 17, 2016, 11:52:45 AM
"
clockerrs11 wrote:
my dps with herald of ash and hatred and 20q lightning golem is at an embarassing 22,797.

Should i now try to get labryinth enchantments on my items now? how long will that take?

You have still have terrible gloves, amulet is bad, and helmet too. Replace it. Check for possible crafts you can use on items in hideout, you can probably put temporally something on yours. That lower tiers currency crafts ofc, just few alchemy orbs or similar.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting

"
Elua wrote:
"
clockerrs11 wrote:

You have still have terrible gloves, amulet is bad, and helmet too. Replace it. Check for possible crafts you can use on items in hideout, you can probably put temporally something on yours. That lower tiers currency crafts ofc, just few alchemy orbs or similar.
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crafting

okay, you say that my gloves, amulet and helmet is bad but what do i replace it with? what am i supposed to get as a replacement?
i really dont understand what i replace it with. i have my resists intact but i dont know what else to get now? damage? what type of damage mods should i look for on my gloves/amulet/helmet other than resists
Dude you asking same question again and again. All you need you to do is inspect my prophecy char items and try buy something similar.

You need 40 int on amulet or helmet probably. Gloves should have 70 hp, 1 or 2 resists, 13-16 attack speed and if you really care abut dps some extra elemental dmg or added physical dmg. Some good gloves examples :

Good rare helmet has 90 hp, 2 or 3 resists ( if int on only 2 )
It can have also tons of evasion like 1000+
"ok" helmet example :

You amulet is bad because you have on it only Adds 3-7 Physical Damage to Attacks : this is very low roll, you can have as high as 15-26, but probably enough is 11-20 and some elemental extra dmg too like :

Here is serch example for gloves, all you need to do is change resist twice for cold and fire and try find best offers. Dunno what resist you will find, and you must adjust other items for it.

Last edited by Elua on Jul 18, 2016, 1:09:48 PM
Last edited by Elua on Jul 18, 2016, 1:09:27 PM
Has anyone tried this with reach of the council? I just got one recently and kinda want to try it with this build.
I thought about pale court bow, but Lioneye's counters shroud ghost and i cant afford to die to that again in hardcore :D Should add a lot of damage because u can stop using unique jewel for extra arrows
"
rellish wrote:
Has anyone tried this with reach of the council? I just got one recently and kinda want to try it with this build.

"
Elua wrote:

After testing this new and shiny bow I can finally have my own opinion on it.
4 arrows helps clearing large packs, but downsides of this bow are huge for Siege Ballista build.
If you got more arrows that bow makes more arrow spread angle. That means in narrow long space most of arrows will hit walls and be wasted. This bow have no "shotgun" ability at all. Another super annoying thing is "20% reduced Projectile Speed" that rly make this bow bad. Time gained from huge arc is loosed by projectiles speed, especially in large open areas like Dried lake.
Last thing: Reach of the Council don't have "Hits can't be Evaded" Lioneye's Glare, so it's dps loss and 2 passive tree points loss.

Overall I don't like and don't recommend that bow. It's overpriced novelty, and if you spend that currency on 6L chest you will get much better results.
Last edited by Elua on Jul 21, 2016, 4:18:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info