[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

"
It doesn't work at all with the totems? Is it because the totems don't proc the "On Kill" portion of the requisites?

If you remove ancestral bond and use totem you will still have 0 Raider buffs. Raider only works when you personally kill stuff by Frenzy gem for example without ancestral bond. Totem kills don't count at all, no matter with or without ancestral bond.
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but does the Curse on Hit thing even work with ballistas? I added CoH + Frenzy + Projectile Weakness + Chain, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there some skill node I need to unlock first?
@Sphairon are you use Frenzy? Siege Ballistas don't proc curse, you need use Frenzy (manually) and when you hit mobs with Frenzy then you get Frenzy Charges and Curse this mobs.
IGN: @Marcin
Whoops. Didn't realize I had to cast it myself, now it works. Thanks. ^^
Was doing the "Slay Hatebeat while wearing Blackgleam" prophecy and noticed that with The Signal Fire, my dps went from 28.4K to 29.6K.

Minor, but everything helps.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Wouldnt be slower project. better? Because of the huge dps bonus? I mean the proj. speed is super high anyway. Or even using slower and faster projectiles instead of AFD/WED.
Last edited by pyroisback on Jun 18, 2016, 10:07:46 AM
"
pyroisback wrote:
Wouldnt be slower project. better? Because of the huge dps bonus? I mean the proj. speed is super high anyway. Or even using slower and faster projectiles instead of AFD/WED.

Tooltip difference is very small, but clearing speed will be worse witch Slower Projectiles gem. Some mobs types are resistant to physical dmg, diversification into elemental dmg helps.

I strongly dislike Slower Projectiles support gem, it makes Siege Ballista feels bad.
If you want better dps, get quality gems and 6L asap. Slower Projectiles is worst solution.
ok thx
First of all i want to thank you Elua for awesome Balista build! Finally i found build, which is playable on old PC with fps problems. I tried many "low efect" builds like frenzy/split arrow or cyclone, but balista build is literally the best. Focusing mainly on escaping and letting totems do the dmg is amazing.
I've got a question about prophecy talents. I'd like to know, if "Endless Munition" is worth spending point there - it is really only about +1 arrow is it not? So it is just for better area cleaning. I'm curious about Rupture talent. I know this build is not about crits, but 25 % chance on bleeding sounds good to me + no more fear about bleeding on you.
Second question is about frenzy charges. It seems to me, that frenzy + curse + chain is not good for cursing many mobs. I'm using split arrow instead of frenzy and curse aplication is awesome, of course i'm not getting any charges this way. Is keeping yourselve on full charges better, than massive cursing by single shot?
Thanks for response and once again for build! :)
I tested Rupture and didn't see it works with totems at all. So many nice stuff from ascendency buffs is not allowed for totem users.

Cursing mobs is very important, it helps a lot keep totems live longer. Dps increase is important too, but not so much. If you want more spread use Greater Multiple Projectiles instead of Chain.
Chain helps in cursing mobs behind corner or doors, it's little safer to spread curses on huge packs that way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info