[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

Thx for the fast answer. I have seen you are using now the Council Bow.

Is this bow better then the Imperial Bow?
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Thx for the fast answer. I have seen you are using now the Council Bow.

Is this bow better then the Imperial Bow?

Just bought it. Testing in progress :)

Few impressions:

- It's dps loss overall
- 6 arrows ( removing Rain of Splinters gem ) is disappointing, not much different aoe coverage
- 8 arrows is awesome, low dps loss comparing to 6 arrows but coverage is enormously huge
- it's very expensive ( 2,5 - 3 ex + ) and many top PoE streamers showing this bow in youtube so probably prices will not drop. Another factor: Reach of the Council is Prophecy League exclusive unique.

Now I want +1 arrow Drillneck to test 9 arrows xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ABNxo8VU0E
Last edited by Elua on Jun 15, 2016, 8:37:59 AM
Hey me again,

I have a few questions would be great if you could help me out.

1. How do you improve your survivability expecially big hits(life leech)?
2. Is this build able to run higher tier maps?
3. The totems are dying very fast if you have monsters that can shoot fast, how do you avoid this?
4. Is Physical Damage increasing also the totem damage?

Because currently I dont have a dps problem, more survivability problem.

Gambler
Last edited by Gambler92 on Jun 16, 2016, 5:08:35 PM
"
Gambler92 wrote:
Hey me again,

I have a few questions would be great if you could help me out.

1. How do you improve your survivability expecially big hits(life leech)?
2. Is this build able to run higher tier maps?
3. The totems are dying very fast if you have monsters that can shoot fast, how do you avoid this?
4. Is Physical Damage increasing also the totem damage?

Because currently I dont have a dps problem, more survivability problem.

Gambler

First, you can "Un-Hide Characters tab" in privacy setting to allow showing your gear, jewels and spec. That will be great help to identify possible problems.

1. You must almost always move, that is #1 survivability rule. If you can, do hard stuff off-screen. Life leech don't work with totems at all.
2. Doing t15 maps, Atziri and Hall of Grandmasters is possible, but some maps are super hard for example Core map.
3. Best thing to make totems live longer is applying Projectile Weakness debuff on enemy's ASAP, that knockback helps a lot.
4. Yes ( but NO melee physical damage )
Last edited by Elua on Jun 16, 2016, 5:32:15 PM

After testing this new and shiny bow I can finally have my own opinion on it.
4 arrows helps clearing large packs, but downsides of this bow are huge for Siege Ballista build.
If you got more arrows that bow makes more arrow spread angle. That means in narrow long space most of arrows will hit walls and be wasted. This bow have no "shotgun" ability at all. Another super annoying thing is "20% reduced Projectile Speed" that rly make this bow bad. Time gained from huge arc is loosed by projectiles speed, especially in large open areas like Dried lake.
Last thing: Reach of the Council don't have "Hits can't be Evaded" Lioneye's Glare, so it's dps loss and 2 passive tree points loss.

Overall I don't like and don't recommend that bow. It's overpriced novelty, and if you spend that currency on 6L evasion chest you will get much better results.

Drillneck +1 arrow is like only 1,5-2ex now, that is also nice alternative.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 17, 2016, 6:37:37 AM
Must say this build is great, 75 now, for leveling it specced into two totems and it worked fine with out the extra arrow gem,

The thing that makes this build great is that everything costs like 1-3c to get you up to speed map farming,

My gear I got for a few chaos each,(5 linked the bow my self using the prophecy)

I've looked at 20%qua gems and they are going for 20c, you can get 15+qua for a few c, should I do that or just buy the leveled 20?

Also I was looking at using Kintsugi for the extra defence or do you think a six like rare is always better
20q/1lvl Siege Ballista gem cost 2-3c only. I mostly buy gems 14-19q for 3-7c and level they myself. Its most cost efective method, and if you don't have even 19 lvl gems you should buy that quality ones lvl 1 ASAP.

Kintsugi is very nice but you must have insane and very expensive rares to cap resistances with it. It's option for high budget only.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Small Prophecy 90 lvl char update:

Today I bought that ( relatively ) cheap 6L chest for 2,5 ex

It's huge dps upgrade going 6L form 5L, gained like 28k --> 38k

http://i.imgur.com/UejxX6p.jpg

frenzy charges + vaal haste 52k each totem

http://i.imgur.com/89b6mM5.jpg

Last edited by Elua on Jun 17, 2016, 6:31:51 AM
I was curious what your thoughts were on Deadeye vs Raider. With a little modification, you can pick up the extra 2-4 passive nodes for the 1-2 additional Frenzy charges, which normally would only break even and feel less comfortable, now have higher value expressions. Here's my comparison:

Deadeye
Projectile damage 80%
Attack Speed 20%
Accuracy 20%
Crit Chance 10%
Projectile speed 30%
+200 Accuracy
+1 Projectile
+20% Radius of area skills
+30% More damage @range

Raider
Attack Damage: 20%
Attack Speed: 20%
Evasion Rating: 60%
Frenzy Charge Duration: 32%
20% Onslaught for 3 seconds on kill
+1 Frenzy Charge
Frenzy(5): 2% Movement Speed /charge (10% v 0%) *12% *14% **+27% Evasion Rating @7 Charges
7% Attack Speed /charge (35% v 16%) *42% *49%
7% Attack Damage /charge (35% v 16%) *42% *49%
Onslaught: +30% Attack Speed
+30% Move Speed
+20% Attack Damage
+25% MORE melee evade
+15% MORE projectile evade

Comparison
-60% Projectile Damage
-30% Projectile Speed
-1 Projectile
-30% MORE Damage @Range

During Buffs (Subtract 16% from Damage and Attack Speed to adjust for original 4 Frenzy charges)
+55% (*70%) Damage
+65% (*80%) Attack Speed
+40% (*44%) Move Speed
+147% Evasion Rating (w/ +60% from Raider nodes)
+25% MORE Chance to evade Melee
+15% MORE chance to evade Projectile
Last edited by RipRad on Jun 17, 2016, 1:40:46 PM
Yes you are right, Raider looks very good and promising theoretically...but don't work at all with totems. This is sad. Maybe in future GGG will fix that, but now you can't have any Raider buffs if you using totems.
It doesn't work at all with the totems? Is it because the totems don't proc the "On Kill" portion of the requisites?
Last edited by RipRad on Jun 17, 2016, 2:43:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info