[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

What are top items to upgrade dps if you can maintain good survivability once you get some currency?

I was thinking about brinerot whalers(20% physical and 30% projectile damage, thats huge) for a lot of projectile damage, or winds of change gloves.

Thanks for the guide update! Clearspeed is very fast solo with 23k buffed(without frenzy charges) damage, on groups its not enough yet, but my gems aren't max level yet(they are all 20q)
Last edited by Dele on Jun 12, 2016, 11:34:01 AM
"
Starbuckz42 wrote:
Hi, why do you have two golems linked?

I use stone golem for lab runs and daily quest party rotations. They can be linked to minion life or empower. Or both :) I'm lazy so that is comfort option.

"
Dele wrote:
What are top items to upgrade dps if you can maintain good survivability once you get some currency?

I was thinking about brinerot whalers(20% physical and 30% projectile damage, thats huge) for a lot of projectile damage, or winds of change gloves.

Thanks for the guide update! Clearspeed is very fast solo with 23k buffed(without frenzy charges) damage, on groups its not enough yet, but my gems aren't max level yet(they are all 20q)

that boots will rise my dps from 48663 to 53021 but hp will drop from 6984 to 6688
and movement speed drops 10%

Overall I prefer defence and rare boots, becasue dps is enough anyway.
Using unique's got many disadvantages I always trying NOT use they.
Lack of hp, no resistances etc...
Last edited by Elua on Jun 12, 2016, 1:49:31 PM
Awwww nice a ballista build, have to bookmark it ^^
Last edited by Afura on Jun 12, 2016, 3:48:05 PM
I was wondering, have you tested Skirmish over Drillneck? You lose some health, damage and attack speed, but an extra Ballista (assuming it counts as an attack totem) seems like a good tradeoff
"
Burizer wrote:
I was wondering, have you tested Skirmish over Drillneck? You lose some health, damage and attack speed, but an extra Ballista (assuming it counts as an attack totem) seems like a good tradeoff

You literally lose 100% increased damage plus attack speed and flat phys, not worth.
I see that you have removed Rupture and used a small damage node instead.

On my level 99 Ranger in Standard (which is Split Arrow, but defense wise much the same as this one), there were three causes of death in levels 95-99:
1) Doing Bosses on Suicidal Maps (Dual Vaal on a -maxres, +damage map)
2) Corrupting Blood
3) Bleeding (especially on Vulnerability maps)

I have learned to eliminate #1 the hard way, #2 oes not affect this build, #3 can be affected by Rupture
If all you have to give up is a small dps node, that is good in my book.

So I would not recommend this change if you go to high levels. Having no armor at all, makes bleed hit you at full power.

I also see that you have removed the three Dodge nodes and Spell Dodge. Isn't your Cannon becoming very Glassy? is the extra jewel / life nodes really worth that?
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
Last edited by Flapdrol on Jun 13, 2016, 3:44:05 AM
The passive tree links seem to all point to the same not completed tree.
The second ranger damage node is very good, 10% proj/4% aps. Definitely worth getting imo.
Forgot to mention, Death's Harp and Opus both add projectiles to Siege Ballista, I imagine Reach of the Council does so too. If you pick up Opus or Reach you can just outright skip Rain of Splinters.
Final question, where would you slap down Lioneye's Fall if you were to pick one up?

"
You literally lose 100% increased damage plus attack speed and flat phys, not worth.

You do lose 100% increased yes, but that's not the same as losing 50% of your actual damage. There's a certain break point where a third Ballista will add more damage than 100% increased damage, but you need a good deal of increase beforehand.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Siege Ballista already have 100% pierce, meaning that you don't lose anything from switching from Pierce Support to Slower Projectiles while also losing the 10% from Drillneck?
Last edited by Burizer on Jun 13, 2016, 5:56:49 AM
"
Burizer wrote:
Forgot to mention, Death's Harp and Opus both add projectiles to Siege Ballista, I imagine Reach of the Council does so too. If you pick up Opus or Reach you can just outright skip Rain of Splinters.
Final question, where would you slap down Lioneye's Fall if you were to pick one up?

"

You do lose 100% increased yes, but that's not the same as losing 50% of your actual damage. There's a certain break point where a third Ballista will add more damage than 100% increased damage, but you need a good deal of increase beforehand.
And correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Siege Ballista already have 100% pierce, meaning that you don't lose anything from switching from Pierce Support to Slower Projectiles while also losing the 10% from Drillneck?

Death Opus is good for leveling but weak for endgame. Reach of the Council menas you need spend 2 points into Resoulte Technique and looses small part of crit dps ( 48663 --> 46313 ) ( if you count that 2 points as dps one it will be much more )
If you switch switching from Pierce Support to Slower Projectiles you loose 49% projectile speed, and that is HUGE NERF to this build.

Using Lioneye's Fall jewel is not easy, I tested it without any great results and give up.

Overall I can say that Siege Ballista / Drillneck / Lioneye's Glare combo is extremely strong, and prefect synergy.
Last edited by Elua on Jun 13, 2016, 7:31:59 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info