How did players go bankrupt mapping again?

I was so afraid to become bankrupt from mapping after hearing all the stories on POE forums that I tried to map until level 100 for the first time only yesterday.

1) I simply applied alchemy to all 4-5 high end maps Zana sold in a daily.

2) I was not so stupid to reroll with chaos because I am clever enough to see that the overrated 'monster pack size' will never earn back your chaos.

3) My poison build can do any map except no life/mana regeneration. I do not waste on rerolls.

4) The only currency I ever spend on mapping was alchemy and just when my alchemy reserve was about to deplete three things happened.

-People who do not realize alchemy's value is making a come back due to level 8 Zana map deals sold me banks of alchemy for 5 to 1 chaos.

-An awesome but worthless Devoto devotion dropped and could be sold for at least 25 alchemy earned back all my investment.

-The extra fusings were sold immediately as I already have my six link ready.

5) The most shocking part, by the time I became exhausted from mapping for 12 hours, I had to sleep and my map pool increased by 10. Then I realized, when I wake up tomorrow Zana will sell me another 2 to 4 high end maps!

Conclusion: People who bankrupt mapping are seriously doing this game wrong...
"
Deadpeng wrote:
after hearing all the stories on POE forums

There is your answer.... "stories" :P

Some players find act 4 hard, others find it easy. Some players have no problem sustaining their map pools, other players have problems.
They don't go "bankrupt". They run out of maps at the tier they want to play and complain about it.
"I was lucky and can map for 12 hrs in a day, why can't everyone else?"
chisels, alts, alchs, scours, augs run out of em ALL THE TIME

dont use chaos ... LOL dont use exalts
Last edited by CaoMengde on Apr 16, 2016, 1:33:41 PM
"
Assfinder wrote:

I make a similar routine for more than a month, except I trade only to buy chisels and due to my "potato computer" I reroll maps with ground effects (I only run Blue maps T10-T14, Alch T8 and T9)... And is no lucky... I have even put aside the Chaos Recipe because I do not need the chaos except very occasionally.
I allways have maps and currency.

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?
"
Assfinder wrote:

My 12 hour statement was actually more meant to state that my statistics were over a long period and therefore more or less accurate.

I did have 120 IIQ maps dropping me nothing but what paid off was the average.

If you do not have 12 hours a day the game is actually more fair to you, because that means you will be better supplied from Zana's deals.
"1) I simply applied alchemy to all 4-5 high end maps Zana sold in a daily"

realy.....? i think everything is writen here....

how do you buy t12,13,14,15 to zana? or maybe,"high end game maps" are max t10 for u....

i think we dont play the same "high end game"....lol

have fun.
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
I agree zana 8 makes mapping much easier.

Unfortunately you don't immediately get zana 8 in temp leagues.
Nobody gets bankrupt running t11s or below. If you do, you're a complete idiot.

Mapping only gets hard to support when you hit red maps. In red maps, you HAVE to 20q, run 3 frags, roll at least 90 iiq/20 pack size, possibly vaal, and run Onslaught or Anarchy. That's a ton of money.

Don't make a troll thread about how easy it is to sustain t8s, cause nobody is arguing against that. But if you're actually running red maps, you can easily see how people run out of money. It's basically impossible to make a profit off mapping unless you're getting money from some other source.
✓©ⓔ®†ⓘⓕⓘⓔd ⓜ☺ⓡ☺n™✓

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info