[2.3] NeverSink's Oro's Flicker Slayer ♦ "The Accelerator" ♦ High clear, tanky, affordable

Hi! I have made your build in the Prophecy league (Jekoroc) and I am loving it so far.

I am a bit concerned about the new end game lab though, are we going to be able to do it?

I have unlocked it but I haven't tried yet, got a few weak pieces I'd like to replace and beef my hp/armor up.

I have heard that Izaro is very, very mean to melee, but I definitely want those extra ascendancy points!

Just wanted to come back and say that I did kill HM Izaro after a couple tries, for those that may be curious about it too.

I have less than ideal gear (no Heretic Veil so no enfeeble) and not completely correct gem setup. Did it at level 82, but I let go of some HP nodes and picked up Indomitable because my armor felt low, 4396 even with it, and figured the crit reduction may help.

Overall, very satisfied with your build and I enjoy the "hold down the button and let the wind take you" style.
Last edited by Xaithai on Jun 7, 2016, 7:02:19 PM
What would be the best order for ascendancy points now in 2.3? 20% cull + onslaught seems pretty sick, but does it outweigh melee spash (or life leech) prior to completing end game lab?

I'm 43 currently, so whatever the best choice to get me up to 68 would be best.
Last edited by CyANt1FiC on Jun 8, 2016, 5:23:27 PM
"
What would be the best order for ascendancy points now in 2.3? 20% cull + onslaught seems pretty sick, but does it outweigh melee spash (or life leech) prior to completing end game lab?

I'm 43 currently, so whatever the best choice to get me up to 68 would be best.

I leveled with Molten Strike until I could wear Oro's and swap fully to flicker strike personally, so I did not go Impact first because I figured the meatballs wouldn't get the splash effect (could be wrong about that)

I went Endless Hunger -> Brutal Fervor first and I felt the life leech + stun and bleed immune were very useful the entire time. I took Bane of Legends later from the map Izaro ascendancy points and the 20 second Onslaught is just awesome in maps, but I think you'll get more pre-Oro's mileage out of EH and BF.

Just my thoughts.
Any chance you could make your profile public Xaithai? I'd love to check out your char
Oh, I honestly had no idea that was turned off. It should be fixed now, go ahead :D
Thanks for the reply, Xaithai.

So the order you'd suggest is EH>BF>Impact>BoL?

Did you solo map Izaro?

What (roughly, from memory) were your off/def stats vs merc and uber labs?

Levelling with molten strike atm, it's pretty lolsy. I've got molten strike > life gain on hit > multistrike > GMP and it's great damage and pretty tanky due to the life on hit.

This is my 2nd char this league as the first I made was a ED/cont build but I realised once I started mapping that it wasn't a great playstyle in groups and I regularly play with a mate or two, so I'm desperately going through the game. It normally takes me 15 hours to get to merc dried lake (I just can never seem to get it quicker) and I'm currently in a4 cruel.

I'm looking forward to Oro's, I've got the 5L prophecy sealed and waiting for the time.

You're welcome. I think that would be the best point spread, yes. Though if you're leveling with something other than Molten Strike that would benefit from the splash of Impact, that may be worth getting first.

I did solo map Izaro, it took me 7 tries. Mostly just derps and learning, the last room was a bit of a challenge because flicker kept taking me to the little curse pillars inside the trap areas. I decided to sit on the curse pillar at the treasure door and that kept me generally in the safe zone, final kill felt very easy.

I don't recall my armor/dodge for merc lab, but my tooltip dps was something like 3k without frenzy charges and I was always resist capped.

For map Izaro tooltip dps was about 4300 without frenzy charges, 4396 armor(30% reduction), 1059 evasion (13% evade) and about 4400 life at the time. Getting hit was always scary!

I used a 5L prophecy on my Oro too, I love that thing. :)
wouldn't it be smarter to use the 5L prophecy to make some money on expensive cests? i got my 5L oro for 40c and i think you can make wayy more profit with 5linking a good chest, right?

my actual question: what would be a good use for a 5L on belly of the beast?
@Xaithai: Thanks again for the response. Those numbers are pretty encouraging. Looking at your gear it looks (if you don't mind me saying) like it didn't actually cost too much, so it's great to hear that merc/map Lab are doable pretty reasonably on accessible gear.

@Malaclypsety I don't think a 5L chest is worth doing it on. Hopefully in a week or two I'll pick up a kaoms. I've got the proph and Oro's will cost me ~1c, so I'd rather spend the other 39c from the cost of a 5L oro's on other gear so that I can start up in maps.

As for good use of 5L on chest... Probably one of those new melee totems?

I feel like Grand Spectrum could easily take this build to ridiculous damage potential, but I'm not sure if it would be possible to get enough life to make it still survive in high maps. Hopefully Neversink updates this build soon, and considers the jewel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info