[3.3] Unstoppable Gladiator 78% Max Block/Spells. Best Low Budget League Starter

"
zhunter2807 wrote:
@to OP: Do you think the main attack with Lacrate is a good option for the 7L helm? What gem should you suggest if I'd want to go Lacrate? Thanks in advance!

Quote previous reply about this:

"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Ohznip wrote:
And got another little question, this build can work too with lacerate ?

Yes. Basically, you just need an attack that works as melee for taking advantage of implicit support gems on BoR. I don't test it, but I guess setup will be similar to Cleave:

Lacerate + Multistrike + Added Fire Damage + Increased Area of Effect/Concentrated Effect.

"
Xeneize wrote:
Very nice build, I found it looking for a gem placement idea and it turns we built almost the same character give or take a few nodes! amazing!

You gave me some great ideas to tweak it...

QQ, how did you get to 100k dps? I'm at 25k with the same dmg nodes and items (for the most part, the uniques are the same) but i'm sitting at 2.62 attacks per second while you're close to 10! how did you achieve that? I'm level 73 and I believe i got the same exact attack speed/ axe damage and physical damage you got... I'm missing something in my mechanics to get to the attacks per second?

That's great! Please open your character tab in your profile or link your gear and passive tree so I can take a look.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
"
Xeneize wrote:
Very nice build, I found it looking for a gem placement idea and it turns we built almost the same character give or take a few nodes! amazing!

You gave me some great ideas to tweak it...

QQ, how did you get to 100k dps? I'm at 25k with the same dmg nodes and items (for the most part, the uniques are the same) but i'm sitting at 2.62 attacks per second while you're close to 10! how did you achieve that? I'm level 73 and I believe i got the same exact attack speed/ axe damage and physical damage you got... I'm missing something in my mechanics to get to the attacks per second?

That's great! Please open your character tab in your profile or link your gear and passive tree so I can take a look.

Not sure how to open the profile... but here's the items and tree...Working on gloves/belt/rings/boots, but that's the best I have to work with... I must say, even with 35k dps (now with these gloves) I have no problems clearing maps... done a Tier 10 and have not died once in a map.. did my Tier 3 Trial in 2 tries.... if I miss the block to that charge, I would die :(

Skill Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcBIcFLQaLCiYM9xNMFCAUcRXsF-EY2xo-HOcg4yFgJJsm-CgqKaUvzDB3Mk41kjrhPC1AoEF0RJ5Hfk3jTjJQR1O7Wf5fP1_aYuxkUmVNZfBnm2hlajts2HKpdO108XVOdqx343k5eWh673zZffV-4oIHg1-DzITZhO-K8ItPj5mXeaZXpo2pbqmVrK-uPraKtz65Hb02vni-p8C_wQTBgsGjxBXE9sauypDPfti92XzaweJh5FHpRuoY7w7yL_JB8kXz3fcy90346_4K_o8=?accountName=Xeneize&characterName=Kirwan

Right now, I got almost 49K Sunder DPS unbuffed. Some suggestions about your gear/tree:
- You need to upgrade your Sunder setup. Levelling Concentrated Effect you could get 13% MORE damage (remember that more is a multiplicative modifier). Then, get quality in all gems.
- I imagine your problem is that you need INT to level Conc Effect. Pretty easy and cheap to get from rings.
- If you could get a good Rustic Sash, you will benefit from implicit inc. physical damage.
- About tree, you really need to avoid the three points around Diamond Skin. You could cheaply improve your resistances from gear and you need that 3 points to improve your DPS.
- Same about Expertise, another point you could exchange with attributes in gear.
- With that four points and one additional point from some life node, you could choose between taking the 5 inc. Melee Physical Damage from Marauder start area or go up to Berserking and take one additional jewel node (of course, you remove the two points to reach Warrior's Blood).
- How about your jewels? I can't see them in tree.

Hope this helps! Regards!
"
odayodie wrote:
"
zhunter2807 wrote:
I highly recommend you to abandon Garena PoE since you can always play the Global PoE with Singapore gateway (its hidden, just type "Singapore" in the gateway list). Garena version is inferior in all aspect, shitty community, dead forums as well as no trading form like poe.trade, don't even mention the bullshit shell micro-trans. Just freaking uninstall it, seriously.

which server will i play?

You didn't understand what I said, did you? I suggest you to install the Official PoE downloading button is on the right corner, login with your account and type in "Singapore" in the Gateway list since it's hidden due to the contract with Garena of South East Asia distribution but GGG is so kind enough to not abandon the huge numbers of established Asia players so Singapore gateway is still there, but just not being shown up from the list.
"
mas_mariano wrote:
Right now, I got almost 49K Sunder DPS unbuffed. Some suggestions about your gear/tree:
- You need to upgrade your Sunder setup. Levelling Concentrated Effect you could get 13% MORE damage (remember that more is a multiplicative modifier). Then, get quality in all gems.
- I imagine your problem is that you need INT to level Conc Effect. Pretty easy and cheap to get from rings.
- If you could get a good Rustic Sash, you will benefit from implicit inc. physical damage.
- About tree, you really need to avoid the three points around Diamond Skin. You could cheaply improve your resistances from gear and you need that 3 points to improve your DPS.
- Same about Expertise, another point you could exchange with attributes in gear.
- With that four points and one additional point from some life node, you could choose between taking the 5 inc. Melee Physical Damage from Marauder start area or go up to Berserking and take one additional jewel node (of course, you remove the two points to reach Warrior's Blood).
- How about your jewels? I can't see them in tree.

Hope this helps! Regards!

THank you much for the very good tips. I agree the points in resists were just a temporary thing... I was able to get an amazing ring that resolved all my resistance issues and did indeed get the extra dps.. Check it out:

In addition I did quality my gems as much as I can.

Still working on upgrading my other ring (
) for one with Intelligence as well as keeping an eye for upgrades on my belt and gloves currently just ok...

and

As far as my jewels I got nothing special still looking for better ones.. so far the two i have are:

A)
1% Chance to block with shields
17% Increased Armor
+ 8 Str and Dex
Totem gains 9% elemental resistances

B)

1% Chance to block with shields
5% Max Life
Last edited by Xeneize on Jul 17, 2016, 9:53:30 PM
bro thanks for this build, I respec'd my cleave dual wield gladiator since it dies a lot especially in reflect maps and to some map bosses(volcano, malformation, crematorium) Now I can tank mobs without problems

I currently have 32k dps in sunder unbuffed (weapon elemental damage and conc effect not yet max level and quality)

my current gear

Last edited by poenewbpoop on Jul 17, 2016, 10:12:27 PM
You think going up to Sanctity and Retribution would be worth it compared to the Tireless and Sanctuary? They are all relatively close but just wanted to know what would be better endgame.
It depends. I go for Sanctuary in 6L + Aegis version because the +4% Chance to Block is needed not using BoR. Tireless is just life nodes near enough taking that path. Going for Sanctity and Retribution, you don't have additional block chance and I consider 78% chance to block for this build absolutely mandatory.

If you still using BoR, then there's no need to go for Sanctuary, because is only worthy for that.
Your tree gives +70 dex and duelist base dex is 23 so the total would be 93 since you have no dex on your items. But you're using hatred and blood rage at a level which requires at least 98 dex. How is that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info