Where are the grand kids!?

So ye now im twenty six, been getting a lot flak for wanting to be single and not producing any offspring from the mother. Being Cypriot (Look it up) she had kids at the age of 18 like most people her age during that time, apparently i am way to late to the party. Any of you guys in your mid twenties experiencing the same shite?
Last bumped on Apr 13, 2016, 8:25:00 AM
People are living longer and starting their families later.

Extreme increases in education and housing costs are also delaying starting a family.

Concerns about overpopulation are also delaying starting a family.

The information age is exposing people to new places and new ideas, such as not following the tradition of starting a family young.

---

In total... I recommend kindly reminding your mother that you're an adult and will make your own choices. Feel free to use any of the above arguments, if they help at all. I'm sorry to say that they almost certainly will not and that there is no great way to get a mother to butt out of your life.

Separately, babies are awesome, but if you're single and you want to be single, then that's quite a ways away.

Good luck. o7
33, here. No kids. Not that I don't want them, or that I'm even actively avoiding them... it just hasn't happened.

My (naive) wish is to bring a kid into the world when I feel like I can give them a stable home, unlike what I had. Problem is, housing costs are through the roof, and good luck achieving the 30-years-with-the-same-company dream.

But that doesn't stop the grandkid stuff. So I feel ya.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
"
Antnee wrote:
33, here. No kids. Not that I don't want them, or that I'm even actively avoiding them... it just hasn't happened.

My (naive) wish is to bring a kid into the world when I feel like I can give them a stable home, unlike what I had. Problem is, housing costs are through the roof, and good luck achieving the 30-years-with-the-same-company dream.

But that doesn't stop the grandkid stuff. So I feel ya.

Literally this man, for real lol Living in my uncles basement in Australia barely putting my self through uni.

Nice arguments by the way Pnuema but you don't understand how Cypriot mothers work XD no but for real i completely agree with what you are saying. Its only really a couple of generations now our country has tended to stear away from this. My fathers family is 11 kids because they all worked the farm. Nowadays it is different.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info